TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » Covid-19 cases state by state (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Covid-19 cases state by state
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 05-10-2020 03:24 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The president, governors, mayors and so on can only do so much. I think for the most part that all the leaders have done a good job. Could some have done better? Sure. But I am still seeing stories where people just refuse to stay at home or away from crowds. I think a very big part of the problem/current situation falls on the citizens and not the political leaders. It's kind of like sports - a coach can only do so much, but at some point the players must perform. Right now, the citizens of this country are shooting 50% from the line. This has got to improve.
Posts: 10348 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 05-10-2020 03:43 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Almost every opinion piece and article written by US media (and especially) foreign media usually toss in the phrase "The US is bereft of leadership" during this crisis.

Bullsh*t. We have had an incredible response given the size of our country and the nature of our government. We long ago traded "efficiency" in for "liberty", a bargain I wholly support.

However, I would NEVER have imagined that our country would almost without a peep of protest give up our constitutional rights as easily and quickly as we did. It boggles my mind that, in the name of "safety", we have essentially opened the door to tyranny. Those who lust for power now have a blueprint on how to achieve total domination.

One last note. The latest data shows that the fatality rate for this virus is about 0.12% -- just a tad more than influenza, which comes in between 0.06% and 0.10%. It is about twice as contagious, but only with similar morbidity. And, since the morbidity is overwhelming tilted towards the older population, it would have been easiest to simply as the wisest segment of the population to self-isolate, letting the rest of the country resume normal activities and develop herd immunity.

NEVER has the response to a pandemic been to isolate the healthy; we always isolate the sick and the vulnerable. Yet, somehow, this virus pulled us into such fear that we shut down our economy and relinquished our liberties.

This will be a threshold event in history.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 05-10-2020 04:05 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tiptree:
It is about twice as contagious...

Tip, do you think this is due to the fact that there is no annual vaccine? Millions of people get a flu shot every year which is probably why the flu doesn't appear to be as contagious.
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 05-10-2020 04:07 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm:
quote:
I am once again confused. I don't know if you are saying our response has been inadequate, or not. IMO, the president and his team have done a great job in managing it. If you disagree, what do you think should have been handled differently?

My position is the same as always:

Trump has failed the American people during the worse national crisis in my lifetime.

Donald Trump is the most powerful person on planet Earth with unlimited resources...he is President of the wealthiest most powerful nation in history.

Instead of using this power, he immediately set out to blame anybody and everything he could think of for his failures.

"I take no responsibility at all"...then what damn good is he? I mean, please Norm!

Take a look at us, Norm. Compare us to any other country in the world...we are the worst....the worst! That's just damn hard for me to accept.

What would I have done differently? It would be easy for me to point out mistakes and say I wouldn't have done this or that.

What's not so easy is to get some folks to admit that he made any mistakes at all.

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 05-10-2020 04:10 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MEL:
quote:
I am with you Norm … hindsight is 20-20 but knowing what we did at the time I think we have done a good job
What did we know "at the time" MEL?

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 05-10-2020 04:32 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tip:
quote:
Bullsh*t. We have had an incredible response given the size of our country and the nature of our government.
Tip, by what metrics?

quote:
However, I would NEVER have imagined that our country would almost without a peep of protest give up our constitutional rights as easily and quickly as we did. It boggles my mind that, in the name of "safety", we have essentially opened the door to tyranny. Those who lust for power now have a blueprint on how to achieve total domination.

And who is the tyrant among us, Tip?

quote:

NEVER has the response to a pandemic been to isolate the healthy;

I don't think anybody is "healthy" with this virus...just less likely to die.

--------------------

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 05-10-2020 04:49 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MountainMafia:
Compare us to any other country in the world...we are the worst....the worst!

MM, please explain how we're the worst. And who are "we" in that statement? Are you talking about the politicians? The citizens?
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 05-10-2020 05:03 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If we are the worst country in the world and you don't support "YOUR" President then why do you still live here ??? Oh yeah maybe because if you went to another country you wouldn't get to blast the leaders as you do now because of our freedoms.

This has been way over blown by the liberal led media so far as to put this country in panic mode !!! We have never done before what we did this time with this virus !!! Is it a killer but so is just about everything else we do (alcohol, breathing our air, eat the wrong foods, drink water, drive a car, smoke). It is time to get our nation going forward not cowering behind closed doors !!!

I still believe if they did an autopsy on "EVERY" covid19 death they would find out that there are less covid19 deaths than they are reporting. If it looks like it might be covid19 let's blame it (we get more money as a hospital and no one will ever know). Yes I do believe there are hospital admins doing things like this for the money !!! All of them no way but they are out there.

If you die in this time period it is going to be blamed on covid19 even if it was an underlying issue that might have caused you to die anyway.

If you don't feel comfortable going out in public then stay at home … I go out as often as I need to and never fear for catching it. WE are all gonna die someday and when my time comes it will be when my Lord calls me home !!!

MEL

Posts: 2795 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 05-10-2020 05:03 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
PC:
quote:
MM, please explain how we're the worst.
I've got a buzz going right now so I can only think of one so far...we are 5% of the worlds population, we have 33% of the world's infections.

quote:
And who are "we" in that statement? Are you talking about the politicians? The citizens?
I'm talking 'bout you and me, my friend.

--------------------

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 05-10-2020 05:15 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You okay, MEL??

--------------------

MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 05-10-2020 05:17 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am great MM !!!

Actually never better !!!

MEL

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 05-10-2020 06:31 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
I've got a buzz going right now so I can only think of one so far...

What's the cocktail of the day? I got a bottle of Cognac for my 50th and have been drinking that lately. I've developed a fondness for it.
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 05-10-2020 06:39 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You keep blaming this on the president, and we keep asking you specifically what he did or failed to do. Still no answer. You say he's the president and he's wealthy. So what? I'm glad to hear that you "have a buzz going." because I can't believe a sober person would say some of the things you say.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36273 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 05-10-2020 06:40 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sipping Miller’s Light and a tad of “Natures Finest” [Smile]

--------------------

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 05-10-2020 07:07 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
How about playing golf and holding campaign rallies while downplaying Covid and phrasing China for their good work and transparency....but that was then.

--------------------

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 05-10-2020 07:33 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm:
quote:
I'm glad to hear that you "have a buzz going." because I can't believe a sober person would say some of the things you say.
[Big Grin]

--------------------

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 05-10-2020 07:51 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
PC:
quote:
I got a bottle of Cognac for my 50th and have been drinking that lately. I've developed a fondness for it.
I guess so after 50 bottles. [Smile]

--------------------

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 05-10-2020 08:30 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
IF you compare the US to the EU, we look pretty good. That would be a much better comparison than, say, US to S.Korea, or US to Kazakhstan. The EU has a population and economic power similar to the US.

Compared to China... who knows? First of all, we cannot compare a free, republican government to a dictatorship. Second, I have ZERO confidence in any published data about COVID from China.

Given the constraints we face (fractured and contentious government, intentionally inefficient government processes, a culture of independence and rebellion, and significant urbanization), we did as well as can be expected. We do not have the compliance culture that Asian countries have, we don't have an autocracy to implement immediate and draconian measures, and we don't even have a unified voice out of our federal government (much less the 50 states).

Really, I am not sure of what kind of "magic" you expected from our government.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 05-10-2020 10:22 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree. Comparing the United States to other countries is apples to oranges. The US is basically the hub of the planet. I would expect a higher percentage of infections.
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 05-11-2020 12:25 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Trump has lied and denied from the get go.

He has called Covid everything from a "hoax" to “I’ve always known this is real"

“It’s going to disappear. One day it’s like a miracle—it will disappear.”

Globally, the average death rate is 34 people per million residents. In the United States, it’s more than six times higher — 232 per million.

“Anybody that needs a test, gets a test. We—they’re there. They have the tests. And the tests are beautiful.” This wasn't true two months ago and it's not true today.

From the states are on their own to "I have absolute authority"..

Using the task force briefings for self-praise, campaigning and corporate advertising.

Relying on his "gut" while continuing to ignore scientific advice.

A country that showed the world how to defeat polio now promotes quack remedies involving household disinfectants from the presidential podium...Stunning the entire jaw-dropping world.

Creating national guidelines (CDC) for re-opening the economy only to publicly pressure states to violate them.

Encouraging public revolt against his own policies..."Liberate Michigan"..."Liberate Virginia"

Blaming Obama (his default boogeyman) for leaving him "broken test" for Covid, even though Covid didn't exist until Trump's 3rd year in office.

The insertion of his arrogant and incompetent son-in-law as commander in chief of the national medical supply chain?

Purging or quarantining any government official who dare question his genius.

A country that turned out eight combat aircraft every hour at the peak of World War II could not even produce enough 75-cent masks or simple cotton nasal swabs for testing in this pandemic.

And on, and on....

No, Tip, I don't expect "magic", but I sure as hell expect better than this.

Also, Tip, I don’t believe the American way of governance, even with it’s built in flaws, renders us incompetent...it never has before.

[ 05-11-2020, 02:36 AM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 05-11-2020 12:53 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MEL:
quote:
If we are the worst country in the world and you don't support "YOUR" President then why do you still live here
That is about as unpatriotic and anti-America as you can get...Did you still live here when Obama was president or did you support him?

--------------------

CatFanInYankeeville
Player
Member # 2025

posted 05-11-2020 09:43 AM      Profile for CatFanInYankeeville     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
MEL:
quote:
If we are the worst country in the world and you don't support "YOUR" President then why do you still live here
That is about as unpatriotic and anti-America as you can get...Did you still live here when Obama was president or did you support him?
Maybe I can field this one. I lived here when Obama was the prez, and I fully believe him to be the worst president in my lifetime. I accepted his presidency, voted against him every option I had, and lost. I recognized the USA was still the greatest country on the planet, imho, and even tho Barry was a turd, he couldn't ruin this country...MY country...in 8 years at the helm. Thank God Trump was elected and has been trying to undo some of the crap that Obama did, but it's sure been an uphill battle. Can't get Congress to work with him as they're too busy trying to fraudulently get him removed from office. Still, up until this virus, our economy was booming like never before that I recall. I know my 401k was doing quite well. Unemployment was low, jobs were high, people were getting along better than under the last POTUS. Now the virus comes along, a global pandemic that most agree came from China, and it' sTrumps fault? He blocked travel from China in January, was called a xenophobe and racist. Dems were trying to get people to attend big parades and celebrations even throughout February. If Trump had shut the country down when there were only a handful of cases here, along with zero or very few deaths, then you would have called him a tyrant. He didn't do that, was late to the shutdown, according to leftists, and now he's still a tyrant? Let's be honest, nothing he could have done or does now will improve your opinion of him or the job he's done.

--------------------
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian!” Henry Ford

Posts: 5563 | From: Eddyville at heart, Chicago in life | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 05-11-2020 10:11 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
^^^^^ Gospel ^^^^^
Especially that last sentence.

[ 05-11-2020, 10:12 AM: Message edited by: Old Norm ]

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 05-11-2020 12:36 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MM,

Your quotes remind me quite viscerally why I detest Trump, the Blowhard, the Loose Cannon, the Tweeting Nightmare. But, thank God, those are all merely words.

Look at his actions.

He has done literally everything a chief executive can do in a free society. Our governors and mayors have done MORE than should be done in a free society. Compared to other Western nations, we are doing well.

Again, since Europe shares our democratic values and has roughly similar economic and demographic numbers, let's see how we have done.

In the US, we have about 1.3M confirmed cases, out of which 80,662 have died. In the EU states, they have about 1,25M confirmed cases, out of which 147,558 have died. Roughly the same number of cases, but we have seen only 55% of the deaths that Europe has reported.

Again, ignoring his idiotic mouth and excruciatingly irritating character... look at the results. Look at his decisions and actions. WHAT MORE WOULD YOU WANT HIM TO DO?

--------------------
Tiptree

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 05-11-2020 02:16 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tip:
quote:
Your quotes remind me quite viscerally why I detest Trump, the Blowhard, the Loose Cannon, the Tweeting Nightmare. But, thank God, those are all merely words.
Tip, these are not just "mere" words when they come from the POTUS, they are heard all over the world. I can say tariff...nothing...Trump can say tariff, nations worry. Everything he says matters.

quote:
Look at his decisions and actions. WHAT MORE WOULD YOU WANT HIM TO DO?

Okay, Tip.

I'm not denying that my criticism of Trump is probably skewed by my total distrust and dislike for the man, but I don't think to the degree that's being suggested.

Maybe if someone could point out to me the "decisions and actions" Trump took.

I'm sincere, Tip, anybody? I wanna know.

--------------------

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 05-11-2020 04:56 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tip hit the nail on the head for me when it comes to Trump. I support most of his stated policies and, for the most part, I believe those policies and actions have been successful, including his handling of Covid19.

We’ve had presidents who were not particularly well spoken but none come close to embarrassing themselves with the English language as Trump. His tweets take on the tone of a petulant thirteen old girl as do most of his “news briefs”. I agree with MountainMafia, words matter, especially when you’re the president of the United States.

I understand those who support his policies, but for the life of me I fail to understand those of you who seem to idolize the man.

I’m a Republican and a conservative. Fortunately those beliefs do not prevent me from recognizing a braggart, blowhard, bully and pathological liar. I find his need for constant praise and adoration sickening.

I’ve prayed for a presidential candidate that would behave as a functioning adult this year. For whatever reason, it appears God has chosen not to answer that particular prayer. Unless something totally unexpected happens, I will vote Trump this year but I won’t like it one damn bit.

[ 05-11-2020, 05:28 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5412 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 05-12-2020 06:01 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hc:
quote:
I will vote Trump this year but I won’t like it one damn bit.
I've actually voted for more Republicans than I have Democrats, even though I have never been registered as either one.

I know what I like and don't like, what I believe and don't believe, who I can trust and who I can't...I don't need a self-serving politician to tell me that! Sometimes choices are easy, sometimes they're not.

I did not vote in the last election (I know, an abdication of my civic duty) because I couldn't stand either Hillary or Trump...but if I had it to do over.....

--------------------

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 05-12-2020 06:17 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tip:
quote:
I would NEVER have imagined that our country would almost without a peep of protest give up our constitutional rights as easily and quickly as we did. It boggles my mind that, in the name of "safety", we have essentially opened the door to tyranny. Those who lust for power now have a blueprint on how to achieve total domination.

"It’s the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it’s always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it’s a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger.”

— Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

Julius Caesar said basically the same thing...all you need is a boogeyman...real or imagined.

[ 05-12-2020, 06:29 PM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 05-12-2020 07:03 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MM,

And that boogeyman is COVID-19. An irrational fear of a disease that is apparently just a bad flu.

I truly think this spring is a defining moment in history, a threshold event that will forever change the relationship between the people and our government. Perhaps more importantly, it has ushered in the era of the Technocrat. We should always listen to experts, but never let someone of such narrow expertise lead us.

--------------------
Tiptree

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 05-12-2020 07:20 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tip:
quote:

And that boogeyman is COVID-19. An irrational fear of a disease that is apparently just a bad flu.

Ya know, Tip, I pray to God you're right...I think we are about to get the sh*t kicked out of us...we ain't nowhere near ready for a second wave..maybe later...not now, IMO.

quote:
We should always listen to experts, but never let someone of such narrow expertise lead us.

Well said, Tip....Thank you Sir!

--------------------

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 05-12-2020 08:39 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"we ain't nowhere near ready for a second wave..maybe later...not now, IMO."

Really - the amount of money given to states to prepare for any future pandemic is unheard of in the past. Equipment, Hospitals, Staff are all better prepared to fight any future upticks..

The states especially NY, Ill, cal, Mich lA are resisting opening as a political ploy and IMV the only way ur party can win in Nov is keep the economy BAD

Further the leader of the House has put forth a new "stimulus" bill focusing on things like 1200 dols for each Illegal immigrant, Health care for everyone,and other Democratic agenda items.

Nope this has turned into a "democratic party" bag of things they want done using all of our taxpayer money to get it done. Don't let a crisis go to waste is the democratic parties way to "shove" the money from the taxpayer to their agenda..

P.S. can't wait for ur defense of the dirty tricks played on Gen Flynn!! [Wink]

[ 05-12-2020, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: ukcatfannfl ]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 05-12-2020 08:47 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ed:
quote:
ur party
I’ve said before, Ed, you know nothing about me...let’s keep that way.

quote:
.S. can't wait for ur defense of the dirty tricks played on Gen Flynn!! [Wink]
He pleaded guilty...twice...two different judges..

[ 05-12-2020, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 05-12-2020 08:55 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just deduction mM - if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck IT IS a duck!!

Ashamed? I am a reg rep and love Donald Trump!! in case you haven't "deducted".

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 05-12-2020 09:00 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
p.s. Calif just announced that it will be shut down until Aug. Destroying their economy!

Does help their prisoners through as they are letting out inmates if they have the virus and they of course are doing their best to contract it while in jail..

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 05-12-2020 09:14 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Pelosi's bill has almost 1 trillion dols to bail out states, primarily blue states, ny, NJ, Ill, and Calif after nothing but mismanagement by the governors,.. CA for example pays over 43 billion yrly for illegal immigrants and NY over 20 Bill.

p.s. and only 10 million for small businesses!

I don't want my taxpayer money going on anyone but U.S. citizens! But of course I am not buying votes!

[ 05-12-2020, 09:16 PM: Message edited by: ukcatfannfl ]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 05-12-2020 09:21 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"Bullsh*t. We have had an incredible response given the size of our country and the nature of our government. We long ago traded "efficiency" in for "liberty", a bargain I wholly support."

Absolutely Tip - the WHO carried China's baggage and after Trump shut down tvl told the world that it was not necessary!! Thank god for trump or no telling where we would be - death wise if not for his quick actions..

[ 05-12-2020, 09:21 PM: Message edited by: ukcatfannfl ]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 05-12-2020 10:10 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have to speak out about General Flynn and his "guilty pleas". He didn't do it until AFTER the FBI threatened to go after his son. Any of us real dads that love our sons, would most likely do the same. I know for sure I would,

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 05-12-2020 10:14 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"He pleaded guilty...twice...two different judges."

The FBI has dismissed the case and has said that he was railroaded and was in fact telling the truth.

I would request that you read the latest news on Gen Flynn!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 05-12-2020 11:10 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thank you Norm and ukc… the only ones still after Flynn are the ones that went after him in the first place. Everyone else can see how corrupt certain parts of the FBI are !!! They were told (I won't say his name) to go after President Trump (before he was the President) and everyone associated with him and if they didn't find something then make it the **** up !!!
They have attacked President Trump and his associates over and over for years now and still attacking from every direction and still not coming up with anything !!! And to think they then attack him for being racist when he shut down travel from China and they the ******* attacked him a month later for not doing it sooner !!!
Now the Dems are trying to buy their votes like they always do with the new stimulus bill of over a trillion dollars !!! What about the small business owners who have lost their businesses forever ??? Many will never open their doors again !!! And of course don't get me started on the $$$ to illegals and states that give millions if not billions towards illegals and then say they are going under. California deserves to lose everything they have after the DA decisions they have been making !!!

MEL

[ 05-12-2020, 11:12 PM: Message edited by: MEL ]

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 05-13-2020 03:42 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm:
quote:
I have to speak out about General Flynn and his "guilty pleas". He didn't do it until AFTER the FBI threatened to go after his son. Any of us real dads that love our sons, would most likely do the same. I know for sure I would
I would too, of course.

It’s a standard, often used prosecutorial tactic when multiple family members are involved in a crime....sacrifice the little fish to catch the big fish.

Gen Flynn lied to FBI. The only crime he was charged with because he turned state’s evidence and cooperated . Of course that evidence will be purged also.

Do you honestly believe a hardcore military man like Michael Flynn would buckle like that if the FBI had nothing?

Remember, Trump fired Flynn for lying to Pence.

[ 05-13-2020, 04:48 AM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com