TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » Covid-19 cases state by state (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Covid-19 cases state by state
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 05-05-2020 07:43 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MM … car recks may not be catching but there are lots of people that die with no fault of their own … not to mention the thousands that spend days and weeks in the hospital or paralyzed from them.

80,000 people died of the flu in 2018 with vaccines and no one said a word other than those that were closely affected to those that died. We have to get our economy back on track.

Tobacco kills almost 500,000 every year in the US and we haven't outlawed it … second hand smoke kills over 41,000 a year yet it isn't a big deal.
What I am saying is people die from all kinds of things that we don't worry about unless it is us or someone close.
Starting in 1975 abortions killed over 1 million every year till 2009 when it went down to "ONLY"
a little less than 900,000. The lowest deaths do to abortion reported since then has been 327,000 in 2018 and I am sure the morning after pill has been a major reason for the drastic number of deaths being reported.
The democratic platform is all for this murdering of innocent children (under the thought process of it is the mothers decision). It is legal to kill a child but not an American Eagle. That tells me all I need to know about the democratic party as a whole !!!

MEL

Posts: 2795 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 05-05-2020 08:01 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Don't forget Mel the democrats want to eliminate cows since their farts cause climate problems.

How anyone with a straight face can say they support the "new" democratic party is beyond crazy!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 05-05-2020 08:09 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah ukc … how could I forget that one !!!

MEL

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 05-05-2020 08:14 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I ‘m inclined to agree, Norm.

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 05-05-2020 09:00 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ed:
quote:
Don't forget Mel the democrats want to eliminate cows since their farts cause climate problems.
Democrats can relax...Covid is here.

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 05-05-2020 09:04 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"Democrats can relax...Covid is here."

as a political tool or just to take the cow farts away as a platform?

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 05-05-2020 09:09 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
??

--------------------

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 05-05-2020 09:11 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

"Democrats can relax...Covid is here."

and that reply makes sense??

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 05-06-2020 05:52 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just talked to a colleague of mine whose son is a doctor and he told me his son told him that many of the covid19 deaths aren't checked and that hospitals are getting extra money for covid19 deaths which we all know if that is true then the covid19 totals are not accurate. I don't know this for a fact just relaying what was told to me from a person whose son is a doctor.

MEL

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 05-07-2020 01:11 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ruh-Roh Rorge! Trump personal valet test positive for Covid...not good!

MEL, If I could place a bet on it I would bet my house that the death totals are much higher than are being reported.

[ 05-07-2020, 04:40 PM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 05-07-2020 05:46 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Guys,

I don't know if we are beyond the point of no return, but I'm scared sh*tless to be honest. If we don't come up with a solution pretty soon we're screwed.

We're on the verge of becoming the poorest, sickest, and most vulnerable America in my lifetime. [Frown]

Somebody needs to change that...while there's still time, maybe.

--------------------

MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 05-07-2020 05:55 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So sorry to hear that MM !!!

I am just the opposite … I take everyday as just another wonderful day to be alive. I don't worry about things I can't control. I am a Christian and honestly believe God is in control !!!

So hope you can get through this mess !!!

MEL

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 05-07-2020 06:14 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MEL:
quote:
I am just the opposite … I take everyday as just another wonderful day to be alive. I don't worry about things I can't control. I am a Christian and honestly believe God is in control !!!

Seems like you good to go dude. You do know the beaches, bars, restaurants, gyms, tat parlors, and let's not forget, churches, are open for business...good luck...have fun!

quote:
So hope you can get through this mess !!!
Thanks MEL, dealing with reality can get tough at times.

Edit:

Mel, l’m not downplaying or being dismissive of your life choices, not at all...just wanted you to know that.

[ 05-08-2020, 08:59 AM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 05-07-2020 06:44 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Churches are NOT open here in western KY. At least none that I know of. The Catholic bishop of the diocese of Owensboro has said we "might" reopen in mid May, while practicing social distancing. We usually have about 50 people at our Sunday Masses, and there is no way we can get that many in our little church six feet apart.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36273 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 05-07-2020 06:52 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm,

Your bishop is a person of good faith and good sense...be thankful for him.

I don't necessarily believe that science and religion have to disagree...the difference is technology.

[ 05-07-2020, 07:38 PM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 05-07-2020 07:44 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
M&M, we’ll be fine. Just be sure and have a couple of vodkas and Clorox daily.
Posts: 5412 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 05-07-2020 07:51 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Damn, hc, I wish you'd said sum'n...I thought burbon wuz the mixer! No damn wunder it taste like schit!

--------------------

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 05-08-2020 09:26 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hc:
quote:
M&M, we’ll be fine.
We lost 20.5 million jobs last month..nothing like it, ever!

33 million unemployed and counting

14.7% unemployment and rising..Great Depression level.

75,000 deaths and counting...projected by some models to double by June 1.

I don’t why I’m so pessimistic.

--------------------

clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 05-08-2020 10:01 AM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Since I was in college in 1957-1961, the flu has come through this country many times and caused considerable problems and deaths. However, I don't recall so much HYPE and the country being almost shut down because of the flu. Even before the flu vaccine, we continued our usual lives unless we or our family members got the flu. I'm not blaming anyone, but I think that the "treatment was worse than the disease", because of the damage that has been done to the economy and to individuals who do not have jobs and are struggling financially.
I'm an old man and am on S.S. so I have not been directly affected financially.

Posts: 845 | From: Cullman, AL, USA | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 05-08-2020 12:27 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
clyedh … I think you are spot on. There has been so much hype and I hope it isn't political but I don't bet against it. There are so many things pointing to or at the very least suggesting that it could be. A doctor told his son that every covid19 case gave that hospital $1300 dollars more because it was covid19... that in it's self points to dishonest people grabbing the money. Not saying every hospital out there is doing that but I am suggesting that there are some and depending on how many that could cause the death rate to skyrocket. Besides most and of course not all covid19 deaths have an underlying condition.
This disease is deadly no doubt but I believe it is pushed that way by fear. This is all my on humble opinion though. Those with underlying conditions need to take care of themselves how they see fit but we "HAVE" to get the economy going again no matter what !!!

Again just my humble opinion... everyone take care of yourselves the best way you see fit. I am going back to work as soon as they will let me.

MEL

[ 05-08-2020, 12:28 PM: Message edited by: MEL ]

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 05-08-2020 12:56 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Member of VP Pence staff test positive for Covid...2nd case in 2 days at WH!

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 05-09-2020 08:22 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I haven't stopped working and have been actually getting overtime every week this year so far!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123995 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 05-09-2020 10:08 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I believe we absolutely have to start opening the country up. If that means the President or the Vice-President becomes infected, so be it. If it means I become infected, so be it. God forbid, if it means family or friends contacting it, so be it.

IMO, to do otherwise will destroy our country as we know it. That sounds a little dramatic but I believe it to be true.

However, in the interest or public safety, I feel all barbershops and salons should be permanently closed. The government should mandate all citizens, both male and female, shave their head.

[ 05-09-2020, 10:16 AM: Message edited by: handycat ]

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 05-09-2020 11:11 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hamilton County, Ohio (Cincinnati), had more had more gun-related homicide deaths in April than Covid deaths. You just gotta love Cincinnati.

MM, i understand your fear. I have just a tiny bit of worry, but i totally understand anyone who fears this virus. I definitely don't want to get it, but I kind of think if I do i would survive. I also believe a vaccine will be found, or at least a way to really help battle the disease if you get it.

I'm a glass-half-full kind of guy.

Posts: 10348 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 05-09-2020 11:28 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hc;
quote:
I believe we absolutely have to start opening the country up. If that means the President or the Vice-President becomes infected, so be it. If it means I become infected, so be it. God forbid, if it means family or friends contacting it, so be it.
Opening up is not the problem, it's how you open up. Trump could order every business, school, church, sports team, etc. to open tomorrow, but if consumers don't come out it won't matter...our economy is 70% consumer based.

People are afraid hc, and when they see the WH infected, supposedly the most protected place on the planet, that fear is magnified.

Testing and tracing must, I mean, must improve dramatically and quickly for us to have a chance for any kind of sustainable recovery.

The WH has recognized this since they have gone from weekly test to daily test.

We, the people, deserve the same assurances.

--------------------

MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 05-09-2020 01:07 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MM … if you want those assurances and aren't getting them blame your mayor and governor and go after and start demanding them. They are the ones that are charged with keeping you and your community and state safe (Rep or Dem).

MEL

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 05-09-2020 01:39 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MEL:
quote:
MM … if you want those assurances and aren't getting them blame your mayor and governor and go after and start demanding them. They are the ones that are charged with keeping you and your community and state safe (Rep or Dem).

MEL

Since the federal government can't even keep the President and VP safe, I think that is an excellent idea.

[ 05-09-2020, 01:40 PM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------

MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 05-09-2020 02:10 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
lol

MEL

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 05-09-2020 02:32 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MountainMafia:
Opening up is not the problem, it's how you open up. Trump could order every business, school, church, sports team, etc. to open tomorrow, but if consumers don't come out it won't matter...our economy is 70% consumer based.

MM, I obviously can't speak for what it's like in your area, but I can tell you this - it's business as usual in Northern Ky. When things are opened back up, consumers will be out just like before the virus. I just ran out to pick up lunch and anything that was open was doing just fine. I would bet there are many more people NOT afraid of the virus than there are that are afraid. As our stores are opened back up, everything will be very close to back to normal.

This is America - the country where people stand in a line for six hours to pay $900 for a cell phone to replace the perfectly fine cell phone they already own. Trust me, consumers will be back in full force.

[ 05-09-2020, 03:01 PM: Message edited by: PaulCat ]

Posts: 10348 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 05-09-2020 03:17 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
With the exception of a few people wearing mask, shortages here and there and less traffic, it's about the same down here, PC. And, as you say, more and more people will be coming out and doing as restrictions are relaxed.

Let's wait and make sure this is not a "false positive". Early June will tell us the consequences of our decisions today.

--------------------

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 05-09-2020 03:42 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey MEL!

Here's a thought to sleep on:

Should Trump and Pence become incapacitated...guess who becomes POTUS?

--------------------

MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 05-09-2020 04:13 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The b**** from hell !!!

She wouldn't be the President she would be the acting President (no one in their right mind would vote for her to be President).

MEL

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 05-09-2020 04:27 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MEL:
quote:

She wouldn't be the President she would be the acting President

Don't matta...she be Pres til she ain't, no?

[ 05-09-2020, 04:31 PM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------

MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 05-09-2020 04:49 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And I am guessing you would want that ???

Talk about going to hell in a hand basket overnight !!!

MEL

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 05-09-2020 06:27 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
LOL! Nah, Mel it ain’t going to happen! Relax! [Big Grin]

--------------------

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 05-10-2020 07:01 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
PC:
quote:
This is America - the country where people stand in a line for six hours to pay $900 for a cell phone to replace the perfectly fine cell phone they already own. Trust me, consumers will be back in full force.

That's what scares me, PC....Covid is still here, it's the one constant in all this. It is laying in wait for the slightest opening.

Infections are still INCREASING virtually everywhere.

Look what is happening in S. Korea, arguably the gold standard for handling the pandemic.

They started lifting restrictions and then BOOM!...an outbreak at a nightclub. One SK official said just a couple stupid people is all it takes to endanger everyone (as you pointed out, we have a lot of stupid people)...and SK is a country that has a pretty good grip on this thing..we're nowhere close.

So, the question is not can we open back up, but can we stay open...if not, you tell me.

[ 05-10-2020, 07:11 AM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 05-10-2020 09:35 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
M&M, I think your fears are legitimate and shared by rational people.

Where we differ, or may differ, is many of us believe we simply have no real choice, IMO, the economy must open soon or there will be irreversible damage. At least in mine and your lifetimes.

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 05-10-2020 09:48 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Considering how this country has responded to this crisis to this point, hc, It's hard for me to argue with that.

--------------------

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 05-10-2020 12:05 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am once again confused. I don't know if you are saying our response has been inadequate, or not. IMO, the president and his team have done a great job in managing it. If you disagree, what do you think should have been handled differently?

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36273 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 05-10-2020 12:11 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am with you Norm … hindsight is 20-20 but knowing what we did at the time I think we have done a good job … could have it been better if we had known certain things earlier ??? Sure it could. But I hate these people that come out and say after the fact that they would have done things different, I call BS !!! They didn't start saying what they would have done until more was known about what was going on. It is easy to say now what we should have done … lol. DA's

MEL

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com