TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » Staying at home? (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 

Author Topic: Staying at home?
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-13-2020 12:21 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
plus the "never Trumpers" want the economy shut down based on solely the upcoming election. Sabotaging the Presidents agenda starting with the fake dossier and now thru using the pandemic to bolster their agenda is shameful especially since all of these accusations to smear trump have failed so far to date.. No man in history has had this many "plots" against him without any proof just show imo how strong President is!

ladies and gentlemen the "left" continues to be on the march to get rid of trump.

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-13-2020 12:38 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ed:
quote:
plus the "never Trumpers" want the economy shut down based on solely the upcoming election. Sabotaging the Presidents agenda starting with the fake dossier and now thru using the pandemic to bolster their agenda is shameful especially since all of these accusations to smear trump have failed so far to date.. No man in history has had this many "plots" against him without any proof just show imo how strong President is!

ladies and gentlemen the "left" continues to be on the march to get rid of trump.

The left! The left! The left! [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 04-13-2020 12:39 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
If you had cancer would you stop treatment half-way through just because the tumor was shrinking but not gone? What do you think the outcome would be?...not only for you but your family as well.
I think the better question would be "If I had cancer, but the treatment would ruin my family financially forever, would I stop treatment half-way"?

I will not answer that personally, but that is far more akin to what we are facing now.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-13-2020 12:47 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tip:
quote:
I think the better question would be "If I had cancer, but the treatment would ruin my family financially forever, would I stop treatment half-way"?
Unfortunately, people have to make that decision every day...hope I never have to.

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-13-2020 01:01 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hc:
quote:
The FAO estimates that as many as 25,000 people lose their lives every day as a result of hunger. That adds up to roughly 9.1 million people who die of starvation each year.Sep 11, 2015

This is not a virus...this is a epic failure of humanity as an "intelligent" species.

--------------------

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 04-13-2020 01:06 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've gotta tell you; I'm really worried about this huge spending bill. Not for me, because I'm older than dirt, and it probably won't affect Millie and me, but for my kids, grands and greats. I doubt it will get back to where in was in December for years and years, if ever. 2.3 trillion, divided by a population of 325 million comes out to about $9826 per person. They are sending out $1200 to each eligible person. that leaves about 9.1 trillion. Where is the rest going?

[ 04-13-2020, 01:14 PM: Message edited by: Old Norm ]

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36272 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-13-2020 01:14 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MM "The left! The left! The left! "
-----------------------------------------

yes! yes! yes! NO DOUBT!

Norm - Obama spent more than all the other Presidents combined and not much was made of it. Now it becomes crucial mainly because its happening on Trump's watch.

[ 04-13-2020, 01:17 PM: Message edited by: ukcatfannfl ]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-13-2020 01:26 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm:
quote:
I've gotta tell you; I'm really worried about this huge spending bill. Not for me, because I'm older than dirt, and it probably won't affect Millie and me, but for my kids, grands and greats. I doubt it will get back to where in was in December for years and years, if ever.
I deeply share those concerns, Norm.

--------------------

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-13-2020 01:40 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ed:
quote:

Norm - Obama spent more than all the other Presidents combined and not much was made of it.

[Big Grin] ....good one, Ed!

--------------------

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-13-2020 02:01 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't know if any of you have heard this but that stupid politician lady Octavia (I can't remember her actual name - i'm sure what i put is wrong), but she's now claiming racism on the virus and calling for reparations. The more her name is in the news the dumber she appears to be.
Posts: 10348 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 04-13-2020 03:46 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree 100% Norm! Giving everybody money whether they were financially affected or not is ridiculous.

[ 04-13-2020, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5411 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-13-2020 03:50 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hc:
quote:
I agree 100% Norm! Giving everybody money whether they were financially affected or not is ridiculous.
Count me in!

--------------------

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-13-2020 04:09 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I told my wife if they send me a $1200 check i might not cash it. I don't need it, and it'll just be taxable income that i'll end up paying for later. If they directly deposit it into my bank then i might not claim it as income. If they don't ask for my permission to put it in my account, to me that's just found money. [Wink]
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-13-2020 04:25 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If ur gross yrly income is 136k + you will not get the money, if under then you will!

(filing jointly btw)

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 04-13-2020 04:57 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I won't keep it either, but my oldest daughter is a widow with about 5 or 6 thousand credit card debt. We will send it to her, plus maybe enough to pay it off. The other five kids are doing well ----- so far.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36272 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 04-13-2020 06:44 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, I may not qualify for it as I'm right on that line. Not that I rally need it as I'm working approx. 60 hrs a week right now anyway and the wife is still working her regular schedule!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123993 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 04-13-2020 09:26 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think it is ludicrous so I’ll give it to the poor. Pore ole handycat.

[ 04-13-2020, 09:27 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5411 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-13-2020 10:00 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Handy, you need to take your show on the road. I'd pay good money to watch you do stand-up. [Smile]
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-14-2020 06:59 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hc:
quote:
I think it is ludicrous so I’ll give it to the poor. Pore ole handycat.
Typical wealth hoarder! [Wink]

[ 04-14-2020, 08:22 AM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com