TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Does anyone care? (Page 4)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Author Topic: Does anyone care?
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-26-2014 10:14 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
State now is averaging 14.1 yards per catch in the game!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 124001 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-26-2014 10:15 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's looking like NCS is pulling away.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186362 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-26-2014 10:16 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
State is up to 343 yards of total offense already.

--------------------

Posts: 186362 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-26-2014 10:18 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Both teams are piling up the yards.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-26-2014 10:34 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
24-13 now the score.

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-26-2014 10:53 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Less than 2 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-26-2014 10:54 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
NCS up to 448 total yards with over a quarter to go.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-26-2014 10:55 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
UCF way back it total yards with 210.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-26-2014 10:57 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
NCS has 287 yards passing.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-26-2014 11:31 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
34-10 with just under 5 minutes to play.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-26-2014 11:41 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Almost 600 yards in the air in this one tonight!

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-26-2014 11:48 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Central Florida scored with just under 2 minutes to play in the game . Cut the lead to 7. Tried the on sides kick but the hands team of State recovered the kick and will be able to run out the clock!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-27-2014 02:36 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Northern Illinois has played in a bowl game 8 out of the last 9 years which is amazing.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-27-2014 02:38 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Northern Illinois even has played in a Orange Bowl which is pretty amazing for a school that didn't play in a major conference.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-27-2014 10:55 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not sure about North Illinois, but Central Florida has been a solid program for some time now!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-27-2014 11:09 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Northern Illinois has been fantastic for a number of years.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-27-2014 11:12 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here are their bowl record just from 2004!

2014 Boca Raton Bowl L Marshall 52-23
2013 Poinsettia Bowl L Utah State 14–21
2012 Orange Bowl L Florida State 10–31
2011 GoDaddy.com Bowl W Arkansas State 38–20
2010 Humanitarian Bowl W Fresno State 40–17
2009 International Bowl L South Florida 3–27
2008 Independence Bowl L Louisiana Tech 10–17
2006 Poinsettia Bowl L TCU 7–37
2004 Silicon Valley Classic W Troy State 34–21

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-27-2014 11:13 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Northern Illinois is a heck of a football school and has been as you can see for a number of years.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-27-2014 11:32 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, they've had a pretty good run!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-27-2014 11:39 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They got a very good coach a few years back and he has done a great job.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-27-2014 12:13 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Surprising he hasn't moved on to greater programs, then

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-27-2014 01:34 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here is what he has done at Northern.

Over a four-month period in the fall of 2012, Rod Carey went from coordinating the run game and coaching the offensive line of the NIU Huskies, to offensive coordinator of one of the most explosive offenses in the country, to head coach of the first Mid-American Conference team to play in a Bowl Championship Series (BCS) bowl game.

Carey's promotion to head coach of Northern Illinois University's football team was announced on December 2, 2012, just minutes before NIU learned that the team had earned a historic bid to face Florida State in the 2013 Discover Orange Bowl.

After two fourth-quarter touchdowns by the Seminoles turned a 17-10 game into a 31-10 final score in that game, Carey returned to DeKalb where he and his newly-built staff went to work, determined to capitalize on the momentum of the Orange Bowl appearance and the Huskies' second straight MAC Championship.

That hard work paid off in 2013 as Carey led NIU to an undefeated regular season that included two wins over Big Ten Conference teams - a 30-27 last-minute win over Iowa in the season opener and a 55-24 blowout victory at Purdue. Behind All-Americans Jordan Lynch and Jimmie Ward, the Huskies spent 12 weeks in the Top 25 rankings and coasted through the league slate to win the MAC West title and advance to the MAC Championship game for the fourth straight year.

Carey became the third NIU mentor to be named the MAC Coach of the Year, following in the footsteps of greats Bill Mallory (1983) and Joe Novak (2002), and was a semifinalist for the Maxwell Football Club Coach of the Year Award. He is the first league coach to win two games over Big Ten Conference opponents in one season.

Prolific offensive production, leading to four consecutive 11-plus win seasons, has been a hallmark of Carey's four seasons in DeKalb. In his first season at NIU, he coached a pair of All-American offensive lineman as center Scott Wedige and left tackle Trevor Olson were named All-Americans by CBSSports.com and Phil Steele's magazine, respectively. Three Huskies, including first-team selections Jimmie Ward and Jordan Lynch, earned All-America honors a year ago, while Lynch's historic career was capped by a third-place finish in the Heisman Trophy voting and a trip to New York for the Heisman festivities. Huskies have won the Vern Smith Award, presented annually to the MAC MVP, every year under Carey.

A fiery competitor who despises losing, Carey immediately connected with last year's Huskie team, thanks in part to his familiarity with the program, and especially the offense. His connection to NIU goes through Mallory as the former Huskie mentor was Carey's collegiate coach at the University of Indiana. Given that, he brought a healthy respect for NIU's history of success when he arrived, and he has worked to foster appreciation for the NIU tradition among the current Huskies and has made a special effort to connect with the football alumni.

In addition, he has continued to prioritize academic success and the development of each individual by providing community service opportunities and bringing in guest speakers to address issues from leadership to social media usage to life after football and beyond.

Carey joined the Huskies after three seasons coaching the offensive line at the University of North Dakota. His line paved the way for UND 1,000-yard rusher Josh Murray (1,146 yards) in 2008 and for the No. 2 running back in the Great West Conference a year later. The Fighting Sioux also passed for 2,000 yards in 2009. Five of Carey's offensive linemen earned GWC all-conference honors in his last three seasons.

Prior to going to North Dakota, Carey spent the 2007 season as the offensive line coach at Illinois State. His Redbird offensive line featured three players that received professional football opportunities.

From 2000-06, Carey served on the coaching staff at the University of Wisconsin-Stout, where he was the offensive coordinator and offensive line coach. His offensive units averaged nearly 400 yards per game during his seven seasons and set 14 records, including the all-time conference rushing record. He coached Blue Devils' offensive lineman Ben Knepper, one of the most decorated players ever at UW-Stout, to multiple All-American and all-conference honors. In all, Carey coached 26 all-conference selections and seven All-Americans during his time at UW-Stout.

Carey began his collegiate coaching career at the University of Minnesota (1998-99) where he helped the Gophers to their first bowl game in over a decade with a trip to the 1999 Sun Bowl. Prior to UM, he spent four seasons in the high school ranks at his alma mater, Wayzata (Minn.) High School, from 1994-97.

A three-year starter at center for Indiana during his collegiate playing days, Carey served as a team captain and won IU's Corby Davis Outstanding Offensive Player Award as a senior. He earned his bachelor's degree from Indiana in 1994.

Mallory was happy to see one of his former players take the reigns of the Huskie program.

"I had the greatest respect for Rod as a player," Mallory said. "He had everything you want to see in a person and in a coach.

"He is a quality person, a great character individual, a good people person and a caring individual, the qualities you like to see in a person and in a coach. He is very focused, he is a competitor, he knows his football and has an excellent coaching background. He understands Northern and I think he will do an excellent job."

--------------------

Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 12-29-2014 03:58 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Carey will move on soon. He took over for Kill when he took the Minnesota job the season NIU went to the Orange Bowl. It generally seems as though the MAC coaches have to prove themselves for a three years and then they are gone:

Kill/Urban Meyer/Butch Jones/Brady Hoke/etc.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11576 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-29-2014 07:18 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Clemson is seriously putting it on Oklahoma right now. 27-0 at the half!

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-29-2014 07:20 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Arkansas plays Texas in the Texas Bowl a little later this evening!

--------------------

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 12-29-2014 07:48 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Arkansas and Texas was a huge rivalry back in the 60s and 70s, when Frank Broyles (AR) and Darryl Royal (TX) were coaching them. They were in the same conference then, the Southwest Conference, if I remember correctly. I was stationed at Little Rock at the time, and was a big Razorback fan.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36274 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 12-29-2014 11:02 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Razorbacks looking good against Charlie Strong's Longhorns. Just started second half leading 24-7.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36274 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-29-2014 11:32 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We've played over 41 minutes and Texas has 29 total yards!

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-29-2014 11:33 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Clemson beat Okla 40-6

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-29-2014 11:36 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Arkansas has had the ball twice as much as Texas, WOW!!!

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-31-2014 12:09 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Stanford is flat laying the smack down on Maryland! WOW

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-31-2014 12:11 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Stanford has a 315-143 yard advantage over Maryland!

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-31-2014 12:11 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is this just proof of how bad the B1G conf really is?

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-31-2014 07:47 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Stanford Smashes Maryland 45-21. I really wasn't even that close of a game!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-31-2014 12:39 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
TCU leading Ole Miss already 7-0.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-31-2014 12:40 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They scored on a 31 yard pass in 1 minute of the game.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-31-2014 12:43 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ole Miss is having a hard time against TCU on their first drive.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-31-2014 12:45 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Had to punt and TCU has the ball back on their 22 yard line.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-31-2014 12:45 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's early but TCU has a great start.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-31-2014 12:54 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
TCU moving the ball and now on Miss 26 yard line.

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com