TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » It’s a matter of time. (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Author Topic: It’s a matter of time.
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 04-26-2020 10:13 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sorry, I thought we were talking about M&am and what happened on this board. My mistake, I guess. I really will leave this thread alone as i’m very confused.
Posts: 5383 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-26-2020 10:38 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Come on Handy - all board original subjects get changed all the time - for example my thread titled "President Trump" got changed to discussing "diabetes" mid way thru..

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 04-26-2020 12:49 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ed, since nobody we can call "friend" or even "acquaintance" is named "Donald Trump", might I suggest you take less personal offense when his actions are critiqued?

Let me remind you that half of the US population LOATHES Donald Trump, most of them far more than MM does. In my field (higher education), practically EVERYBODY detests him. I hear everything MM says here many times a day... often with sneers of contempt or visible signs of rage. I have learned to let it go.

MM is the sole remaining voice for that segment of the population, and he manages to keeps his cool despite being completely outnumbered here.

I have to take my hat off to MM. I often find myself in his circumstance -- being the only conservative among FLAMING leftists -- and I have to bite my tongue frequently. I don't DARE to point out the "pros" of Trump, nor can I voice any strong conservative opinion without getting the whole crowd so riled up that they all attack me at once. Fortunately, we mostly treat MM with respect here; good thing he doesn't get the treatment I receive!

So, let's all remain respectful and friendly. Donald Trump is the most polarizing president in my lifetime (yes, even more than Obama), and the ONLY way we can start to heal the huge gulf that separates Americans politically is to engage in respectful conversation.

No need to censure anyone this time. I like everybody on this forum, and would love to get together one day. Sometimes politics draws out the worst of us. But I like to believe that the Republican party and conservatism is built upon ideas, not emotions. Let's all behave that way.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13601 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-26-2020 01:29 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hear you tip - thanks

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-26-2020 04:32 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks hc and Tip for the kind words.

Listen guys, I know my views are not, let's say, enthusiastically embraced on this board...I've been a member for almost 20 yrs and nothing has changed...not one person's opinion has changed one Iota....actually, we've gotten more polarized.

We are a deeply divided nation...we can't unify long enough to fight off the biggest threat to our country in my lifetime for fighting each other...really disturbing! If not for this we would be "ahead of the curve" with COVID long ago...I'm convinced of it! I don't know what it will take to turn us around. [Frown]

As far as Trump goes, I just do not accept this man as "a" president, even though he is "the" president.

Character is everything in a man, to me anyway. It lets you know what to expect from him...small things like truth, honor, empathy, trust and fidelity. Nobody is a faultless Boy Scout, but few are void of all...Donald Trump is one... unfortunately.

Does my disdain for the man cloud my judgement of the President? I'd be dishonest to say it didn't...I don't know how it could not. I can't help but feel that public service is a distant 2nd to self-service with Trump.

Ed, I have no hard feelings...I don't hold grudges...no longer that 15 minutes anyway. The issue has been addressed and I'm done with it...I got way more important, and far more serious things to worry about, as I'm sure you do too.

hc,

I would be honored to buy you a drink, sir!

Don't let that sir schit go to your head 'cause I'm just buying ONE drink...I know how you like to butter up and mooch! [Smile]

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-26-2020 05:39 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tip:
quote:
Fortunately, we mostly treat MM with respect here;
I'm treated just fine, Tip. I knew what I was getting into...no problemo, Amigo.

Politics can stir some tempers...we know that. When you f**k up..then man up and move on...ain't that hard.

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-26-2020 05:49 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Me either MM moving on

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-27-2020 08:24 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tip:
quote:
I hear everything MM says here many times a day
That ain't fair, Tip! You know the answers before you come on TCD! [Smile]

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com