TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » When do we open the country up? (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 

Author Topic: When do we open the country up?
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-08-2020 10:53 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ed:
quote:
"And no country more ill-prepared than the US."

ask Italy and Spain that question..

OK, Ed, I spoke too soon, I'll give you that, but we'll have to wait and see if I'm wrong. And, believe it or not, I hope I am.

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-08-2020 11:25 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You know MM I sincerely hope that is true, but the prb being so far in the President's term, it appears that the "never Trump" folks and the lots of the Democrats would rather be "right" about Trump than what is best for our country.. And that is a Shameful observation by many but sometimes appears to be true!(example your posts are always negative against whatever Trump is trying to accomplish)

Hell Cnn will tell u each day how bad he is and not once have I observed them acking something good that he is done..

[ 04-08-2020, 11:27 AM: Message edited by: ukcatfannfl ]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-08-2020 12:54 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just don't trust the guy Ed, plain and simple...for me, that's all it takes. I'm also perfectly comfortable with my reasons.

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-08-2020 03:27 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"I'm also perfectly comfortable with my reasons."

Care to share them with this venue?

(since he cant do no right in your eyes)

[ 04-08-2020, 04:04 PM: Message edited by: ukcatfannfl ]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-08-2020 06:14 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I already have....many, many times.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 04-08-2020 07:32 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, Let me call this right now, several months before it ever happens. Joe Biden is now the only Dem left in the running for President of the US but he will not represent the Democratic party come November. I can't believe they've let him carry on this long.

So my question is this, who will actually be the Democratic candidate for president during the November election? Hillary? Cuomo?

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 124002 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 04-08-2020 07:52 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MountainMafia:
TB:
quote:
California - Population of 39 million and they have 13,438 cases

New York - Population of 19 million and they have 119,435 cases

How do you explain that?

Since China uncovered their coverup Dec 31, there have been over 400,000 people of multiple nationalities arrive in the US from China, 40,000 since the travel "ban" Feb 2, a month later....with thousands flying directly from Wuhan.

Guess where they landed...Los Angeles, New York, San Fran, Seattle, New Jersey....notice a pattern?

quote:
I've heard Gavin Newsome who absolutey has gone against Trump more than any Governor, give him and his team nothing but praise. While I hear Cuomo on the news everyday whining how Trump has done nothing.

Newsome is more tactful than Cuomo.

He realizes in order to get any help from Trump you have to publicly give him a verbal blow job...you know, be "appreciative" as he put it...iow, bow down and kiss the ring.

Cuomo ain't going to do that...when Trump helps he says so...when Trump don't help, he says so.

quote:
You know what I believe? I believe the help was there for any of the states to take and some took it and others did not.
I have noticed how all the red-state governors got anything they needed.

I'm not sure you answered the question, but I assume you think you did and that is fine.

California a BLUE state has controlled their outbreak. New York a BLUE state has not. One was proactive and the other was not. I guess you can easily guess which one was proactive. I'm not a Newsome fan, but he showed leadership in the crisis. Good for him. He has done an excellent job. On the other hand, Cuomo just whined like a beeotch and his state and people are suffering the consequences and CNN, MSNBC, CBS, etc are praising him to no end. It makes absolutely no sense.

[ 04-08-2020, 08:01 PM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11577 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-08-2020 07:54 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"I already have....many, many times."

Not really - you have done a lot of bashing of the President but never say why you do so..

However, it is apparent that you don't like Trump and any of his polices to the extent that you have never never agreed with him. This my friend puts you sharply in the camp of the radical left wing. (seems you are not alone as the Dem party has basically turned that way. Welcome to the new Democrats)

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-08-2020 08:37 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
TB:
quote:
California a BLUE state has controlled their outbreak. New York a BLUE state has not. One was proactive and the other was not. I guess you can easily guess which one was proactive. I'm not a Newsome fan, but he showed leadership in the crisis. Good for him. He has done an excellent job. On the other hand, Cuomo just whined like a beeotch and his state and people are suffering the consequences and CNN, MSNBC, CBS, etc are praising him to no end. It makes absolutely no sense.
OK, now I see your point...sorry I missed it. My answer is this.

New York City is the most densely populated place in the US. It has more people than LA, San Diego, San Fran, Oakland, Sacramento, Fresno, and San Jose combined. Take all these people and put them in one spot the size of New York City and the results would likely be much different.

Not to mention that California is the 5th largest economy in the world. It has resources that NY can only dream about.

Ed:

quote:
This my friend puts you sharply in the camp of the radical left wing.
You don't know a damn thing about me Ed and I would appreciate it if you would keep your personal labels to yourself.

[ 04-08-2020, 08:58 PM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-08-2020 09:00 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't know you but I know that your "views" put you in a certain category. That is not personal. On the other hand my "views" put me in a certain camp i.e. right conservative.

It appears that I did "push" ur button by correctly identified what you are by ur "views". Certainly not "personal" as you claim!

P.s. I apologize to you if you took my remarks the wrong way - personal vs political

[ 04-08-2020, 09:07 PM: Message edited by: ukcatfannfl ]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-08-2020 09:11 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You ain't read this yet? It's the first thing you see on this forum...right at the top of the page.

" Do not make broad, sweeping attacks on groups of people - especially if those groups may include TCD posters. Stick to the facts, discuss the topic in the thread, and avoid discussing other posters".

--------------------

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-08-2020 09:11 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
(deleted)
Sir: (look at urself 1st. I said It was not personal so live with it and don't respond. thank you

p.s. its only an attack if u r ashamed of what you identify as. Me I am proud to be called a conservative for example

[ 04-08-2020, 09:19 PM: Message edited by: ukcatfannfl ]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-08-2020 09:26 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Let's just move on Ed.

--------------------

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-08-2020 09:45 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Funny MM I was just coming in to post that I am wrong and that I am sincerely sorry that I let Politics get into the most serious crisis in my and ur lifetime. I will discuss the what-why-when-who aspects of this subject (tip does a good job for example)but will not lay the blame other than where it belongs - China..

I apologize to all and I certainly will leave politics out of it..

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-08-2020 10:04 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Politics (mostly) is why we post on this forum Ed, but it don't have to be personal...that's all I'm saying.

No hard feelings at all Ed....I've barely stopped myself from going there more than once.

--------------------

Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 04-09-2020 07:07 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MountainMafia:
TB:
quote:
OK, now I see your point...sorry I missed it. My answer is this.

New York City is the most densely populated place in the US. It has more people than LA, San Diego, San Fran, Oakland, Sacramento, Fresno, and San Jose combined. Take all these people and put them in one spot the size of New York City and the results would likely be much different

Exactly and that is why Mr. Cuomo should have put the shelter in place for New York way before Mr. Newsome did. Instead he was promoting along with other New York officials to gather and be "New Yorkers".

I understand that you believe Trump should have done more, maybe you even believe he should have ordered the shelter in place for all major cities whereas I believe that is what the individual state Governors should have been doing.

Especially the GOVERNOR of the most densely populated CITY IN AMERICA.

He failed his people miserably in my opinion and the media is making him out to be a great leader. It just blows my mind.

Thanks for the response.

[ 04-09-2020, 07:10 PM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11577 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-09-2020 07:16 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The New York Governor is auditioning for the democratic nomination for President. They need someone to replace Joe and believe he is their best hope! His bashing of the Federal Gov's response to his state's needs is shameful - especially since he and his cohorts all made it a point to ignore any advice and told everyone that they were been fed misinformation.

[ 04-09-2020, 07:17 PM: Message edited by: ukcatfannfl ]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-09-2020 07:58 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
TB:
quote:
I understand that you believe Trump should have done more, maybe you even believe he should have ordered the shelter in place for all major cities whereas I believe that is what the individual state Governors should have been doing.
That's it in a nutshell....guess we'll just have to agree not to agree.

--------------------

MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 04-09-2020 08:19 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So let me see if I have this right MM … you think President Trump should have shut down the cities before the Governors did ???

If that is right I am guessing you want a "Central" government ??? I can't even imagine the backlash President Trump would have received from all the media and Dems for stepping on the Governor's rights.

If I am wrong let me know (which I am sure you will) [Smile]

MEL

Posts: 2796 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-09-2020 09:03 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MEL:
quote:

I can't even imagine the backlash President Trump would have received from all the media and Dems for stepping on the Governor's rights.

When Trump tells some of the governors to open up their state-or part of it-is that stepping on their rights?

What if Cuomo says no, he's not ready...you OK with that? Think Trump would be OK with that?

quote:
If I am wrong let me know (which I am sure you will)
I'll let you know if I think you're right also. [Smile]

[ 04-09-2020, 09:25 PM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------

MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 04-09-2020 09:30 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have a feeling most of the governors would have not done what he asked (said).

MEL

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-09-2020 09:43 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just asking, MEL....if Trump told Cuomo to open up the state and Cuomo refused...are you OK with that?

--------------------

MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 04-09-2020 10:11 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Let me ask you MM … who has the final say ???

MEL

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-09-2020 10:16 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just asking, MEL....if Trump told Cuomo to open up the state and Cuomo refused...are you OK with that?

--------------------

MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 04-09-2020 10:28 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MM... I am not sure who has the final say … if it is President Trump then he gets to make that decision if it is the governor then they get to make it and of course the blame goes to the one that makes the final decision if it is wrong.

MEL

MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 04-09-2020 10:30 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So I guess to answer your question if President Trump gets to make that call and the governor doesn't follow it I would be pissed and all hell should break loose if the governor doesn't follow his directive.

MEL

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 04-09-2020 10:50 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am VERY much OK with a governor refusing to accept Trump's suggestion... which is all it would be. The President of the United States has limited powers, and is not our King. That is on purpose, to protect us from tyranny. I am fully on-board with having a less-than-efficient government in exchange for my freedom, thank you very much.

The only way Trump can override the Governor of a state is if marshal law was declared. Thank God Trump has not done that, despite the rumors and rumblings about troop mobilizations.

Trump would LOVE to be king, btw. Let's not tempt that side of his character. We are a FEDERAL REPUBLIC, and if you read your constitution, ALL POWERS NOT LISTED EXPLICITLY FOR THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT ARE RESERVED FOR THE STATES.

[ 04-09-2020, 10:51 PM: Message edited by: Tiptree ]

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13629 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-09-2020 11:01 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MEL:
quote:
I am not sure who has the final say
Sorry, MEL, I thought you were.

Tip:

quote:
I am VERY much OK with a governor refusing to accept Trump's suggestion... which is all it would be. The President of the United States has limited powers, and is not our King. That is on purpose, to protect us from tyranny. I am fully on-board with having a less-than-efficient government in exchange for my freedom, thank you very much.

The only way Trump can override the Governor of a state is if marshal law was declared. Thank God Trump has not done that, despite the rumors and rumblings about troop mobilizations.

Trump would LOVE to be king, btw. Let's not tempt that side of his character. We are a FEDERAL REPUBLIC, and if you read your constitution, ALL POWERS NOT LISTED EXPLICITLY FOR THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT ARE RESERVED FOR THE STATES.

Tip, that is a great post!

--------------------

MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 04-09-2020 11:03 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks Tip … I thought that was the way it was but wasn't 100% sure.
I too don't have a problem with a governor saying no to a suggestion from the President.
As far as "king" can you tell me any of the past few President's that didn't want to be a "king" ??? I can give you one in a New York second, but will keep it to myself [Wink]

MEL

rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 04-10-2020 01:15 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm a conservative Republican, and stand with Trump 100%.I think he's doing a great job.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9816 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 04-10-2020 06:10 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I too am a conservative Republican. I stand with most of the policies he “now” states are his beliefs. I also belief he is among the top ten a$$holes to ever wander the political landscape.

[ 04-10-2020, 06:45 AM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5414 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 04-10-2020 11:30 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Jimmy Carter was the nicest president in my lifetime. He was also the worst president. In that position, I'll take the asshole!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36274 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 04-10-2020 11:57 AM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am one that believes it was the right time to have someone (President Trump) that would come in and be the bad guy. The "good old boys" (and girls) stuff that has caused "the swamp" to become what it is today needs to change. You can call President Trump whatever you want and like him or not but things were going very well (jobs as well as other things were higher than they have been in years and years) until this damn virus hit. No I don't agree with everything he says and don't agree with how he says it sometime but we needed someone to come in and kick some ass IMHO !!!
We need our borders protected and we need to not give people that aren't citizens our hard earned money. I don't want to become a country that you have to work over half the year to actually make money for yourself. Not sure what the tax rate in Australia is now but 20 or so years ago it was 45% or so and they said it was going up every year. That means they have to work till July and probably later now to ever make money for themselves. I know they get "free" health care and so forth (but we all know there ain't nothing free … someone has to pay for it) !!! But the non working people also get the same things and they do get them "free" at least from their standpoint of not working themselves.
I appreciate someone that has come in (given up his salary … yeah I know he is a billionaire but how many other Presidents have done this) ??? He isn't a person that pats everyone on the back and gives out participation trophies and he says things that hurts peoples feelings and is crass but I think that is what we need as a country right now. General Patton wasn't a good guy in a lot of ways … he kicked some ass and usually a lot of it to get what needed to be done. No I am not comparing President Trump to Patten in every way but he doesn't play patty cake with the politians and pat them on the back like they do each other behind closed doors.
Again it is time for term limits across the board !!!

MEL

[ 04-10-2020, 11:59 AM: Message edited by: MEL ]

rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 04-10-2020 12:36 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Very well said mel.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9816 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-10-2020 01:58 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MEL:
quote:
The "good old boys" (and girls) stuff that has caused "the swamp" to become what it is today needs to change.
You got that right!...see, I told you I would say so. [Smile]

--------------------

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 04-10-2020 05:24 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm said Jimmy Carter was the nicest president in my lifetime. He was also the worst president. In that position, I'll take the asshole!

I agree with that.

Posts: 5414 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-10-2020 06:06 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tip:
quote:

Just saw on tv Trump saying he had "absolutely authority" to reopen the country.

[ 04-10-2020, 06:15 PM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 04-10-2020 06:35 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MM,

Yes, he has authority over the borders, and can restrict air travel in and out of the country. Those are legitimate areas of responsibility of the Federal government.

He can NOT, however, unilaterally close down individual cities or states. He can URGE them to do so, and perhaps even find ways to coerce them (withhold federal funds, e.g.).

I think all of us should periodically read the constitution of the United States. It is very short... but it clearly enumerates the powers of the congress, of the executive branch, and to a lesser degree, of the judiciary. It also contains the Bill of Rights and the other amendments that have been passed.

If we don't understand that foundational document, how can we debate the scope and reach of our government?

[ 04-10-2020, 06:38 PM: Message edited by: Tiptree ]

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13629 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-10-2020 06:53 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tip:
quote:
He can NOT, however, unilaterally close down individual cities or states. He can URGE them to do so, and perhaps even find ways to coerce them (withhold federal funds, e.g.).
I know that, Tip. It's just another illustration of Trump's disdain for any check on his behavior...even the constitution. Oversight is an insult to him.

--------------------

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-10-2020 07:37 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tip even during a "National Emergency" I.e. a war as been said by top officials ?

The two former Presidents for example, both used the National Emergency" clauses..One for 9-11 and the other one for the "swine flu" problem which occurred during his watch..This act was made available during President Ford's tenure in 1976.

[ 04-10-2020, 07:45 PM: Message edited by: ukcatfannfl ]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com