TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Draft in 2024

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Draft in 2024
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 03-02-2023 12:11 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The 2024 NBA Draft is just less than a year and a half away, however, teams are already planning ahead and analysts have started to release their draft projections. Last week, ESPN’s Jonathan Givony released a full two-round mock draft and it is shaping up to be a good one for the Kentucky Wildcats.
According to Givony, Kentucky has a chance to have five players drafted, including four in the first round. This would be the most draft selections for the Wildcats in one draft since 2015, when a record-tying (1977 UNLV and 2012 Kentucky) six were taken.

Here is a look at which Wildcats Giovny expects to be selected and which team they could go to.

4th: Justin Edwards, Houston Rockets
7th: DJ Wagner, Washingon Wizards
28th: Aaron Bradshaw, Denver Nuggets
30th: Robert Dillingham, Boston Celtics
40th: Ugonna Onyenso, Orlando Magic
This projection suggests a big night for Kentucky’s incoming freshman with four one-and-done players listed, leaving Ugonna Onyenso as the odd man out. However, he was originally a part of the 2023 recruiting class prior to his reclassification.

With that being said, it is important to note that these projections are likely to change and even more Wildcats could possibly be selected. If names such as Daimion Collins, Chris Livingston, or Jacob Toppin were to return for another season, they could play themselves into draft picks as well, especially given their physical tools.

A draft night like this could reset Kentucky as THE school in the recruiting world, especially given the recent news that Duke says they won’t recruit as many freshmen for the foreseeable future.

Posts: 14157 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-02-2023 04:09 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is one of the reasons I would like to see Cal back next year. Combine these guys with the possibility of returning players from this year, we could have a ton of talent. That list does not even include Sheppard. If Cal leaves (I don’t think he will) we would have few, if any, of these players.

I know, I know, it wouldn’t matter, he still can’t coach. However, I think I could coach this team, if I had this much talent, to a a very successful season. Of course I would need a couple of Domain members as assistants in order to win a National Championship.

[ 03-02-2023, 04:31 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5399 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-02-2023 04:30 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I still worry about our inside game next season if Oscar is gone. Other than Ware, we'll have nothing but stick figures in the paint. It could be just like the Skal Labissiere team. And who knows if we'll have any consistent outside shooters. But that's been the norm in Lexington for quite a while now.
Posts: 10342 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-02-2023 04:35 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Paul, I think you are mistaken. I’m pretty sure Norm lives in Dawson Springs, not Lexington.

[ 03-02-2023, 07:52 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5399 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 03-02-2023 06:46 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would like to know how they already know what teams are picking in what order a year and a half from now and how kids are already picked to go when they haven't even a college practice yet, let a lone played in college games ???

MEL

Posts: 2795 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-02-2023 07:02 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by handycat:
Paul at, I think you are mistaken. I’m pretty sure Norm lives in Dawson Springs, not Lexington.

Good one, Handy. [Smile]
Posts: 10342 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 03-02-2023 10:57 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They wouldn't have a job if they couldn't pull crap out of the thin air and try to make someone believe they are genious'. [Big Grin]

[ 03-03-2023, 09:20 PM: Message edited by: Bama Cat ]

Posts: 14157 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com