TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Hard team to watch play

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hard team to watch play
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 01-03-2018 09:23 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Man this team is hard to watch play. So careless with the ball, they don’t share the ball, don’t understand how to post up, don’t understand spacing, and terrible on ball defenders.

I can’t watch any longer. I’ll set the DVR and watch it in fast forward. Time to watch the Cavs and Celtics.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-03-2018 10:46 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Trey, you surely can't tell me that you watch NBA ball? Talk about boring!

I'll take a terrible UK game over a bunch of cry baby over paid ball players!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123993 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 01-04-2018 02:29 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There is no way I would watch an NBA game and turn away from our Cats playing on live TV. It might not be pretty right now but even an ugly win is prettier than any NBA game, EVER. The only professional sport I watch on TV is golf, will not watch the NBA or NFL.

[ 01-04-2018, 05:28 AM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 01-04-2018 08:35 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The second half was a thing of beauty. We got what we need - two guys who take over a game with the rest of the guys being capable role players. Shai and PJ dominated in the second half. The other guys came up big at key times with rebounds and such. If we can just play an entire game like we did in the second half, we would be world-beaters!

Sometimes one basketball just isn't enough for this team, and that's when we play bad. When we have just one or two guys who take control, we're a tough team to beat.

Posts: 10348 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 01-04-2018 08:55 AM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by m hamilton:
Trey, you surely can't tell me that you watch NBA ball? Talk about boring!

I'll take a terrible UK game over a bunch of cry baby over paid ball players!

I do, I love the NBA game again. I actually don’t watch any college games anymore that don’t involve UK (I did watch Duke vs MSU and I caught the first half of Oklahoma and WSU a few weeks ago) I think the college game is terrible at the moment.

I just finished watching the second half this morning. Much better effort by UK. They still had some lapses but overall the played much better in the second half.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 01-04-2018 08:59 AM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SCWC:
There is no way I would watch an NBA game and turn away from our Cats playing on live TV.

I thought I would never be in this position but I am with this team. I just think they are very hard to watch. It’s easier on my health to watch them on tape.

The only player I enjoy watching on this team is Alexander. I will say that as much as Gabriel has driven me crazy during his first year and a half, he has been my second favorite player to watch the last 3 games.

--------------------

redbone

Cold Spring Cat
Player
Member # 14751

posted 01-04-2018 09:04 AM      Profile for Cold Spring Cat   Email Cold Spring Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This team is beginning to get it on the offensive side of the ball - the defensive end is where we are getting killed. How we continue to allow guys to go by us, especially with the length we have, is perplexing to me.

There were a number of times last night where they did play decent defense only to give up a rebound by not finding their man and boxing out, giving LSU another shot. Fortunately for us, it was a mediocre LSU team we played. Had it been a more elite team, those mistakes would have cost us an "L".

Posts: 140 | From: Cold Spring, KY | Registered: Sep 2017  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 01-04-2018 12:27 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm afraid this is what we will see all season long unless they decide to change. Nothing but garbage ball is what I call it. Both teams making mistakes and the team who gets it together a little bit at the end gets the W. I still feel we will only lose 3 SEC games but the way we play you can never tell, we could win only 3 more games. God forbid! Knox did start to shoot a little better. I never seen so many guys just stop when their man goes by them. Are they thinking someone under the basket is going to stop their man? This team is afraid to get in front of a man due to the refs calling them for blocking. Still see a 25-5 season.
Posts: 14180 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com