TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » AP Idiots

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: AP Idiots
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 01-01-2018 01:03 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Two wins this week. A blow out of Louisville and we drop to 17th in the AP poll

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9779 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 01-01-2018 01:33 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Let's be honest they looked horrible last night and for me personally, I didn't think they played all that well against Louisville. I just think Louisville is that bad. I posted after the game that I thought UK should have won by at least 50. They still made a ton of mistakes in that game in my mind.

That being said in a week where a lot of teams in the Top 25 lost and as a Top 25 you win two games you wouldn't expect to drop in the rankings.

[ 01-01-2018, 01:34 PM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 01-01-2018 05:06 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My only concern about the otherwise useless rankings, is the NCAA Tourney seedings. Other than that, I could not care less what a bunch of dooky graduate sports writers think of the Cats!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36270 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 01-01-2018 05:55 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The standings mean nothing except to those sports writers and the hate KY idiots. The selection committee is the ones who will do the seeding. Wins count for more than how you looked playing the game. I'll guarantee if we win out we'll get a good seed even if we win all the games by less than 5 points. We are seeing how inexperienced this team is and how some of them have not found "IT" yet. It being how to play team ball. Knox is the one having trouble trying to fit into the flow of the game. Right now the only ones looking like possible draft guys are Diallo, Gabriel and Alexander. Knox, Washington, Richards, Jones and Green have just not gotten to where they need to be and Wynyard just can't seem to get to where the ball is on either end of the floor. I don't know if he will make it any further with two more years here. We need Vanderbilt and baker to get well soon to help our shooting %. I am still convinced we can win out the regular season but most likely will stumble a couple of times. I still have the faith even though we look bad doing it. My description of the GA game was nothing but pure "Garbage Ball". We got a way better team than them but we seem to play up to the competition, so we're going to have a lot of these type games where we may stumble at the end. I am still not a big believer that the SEC is that great.

[ 01-01-2018, 06:02 PM: Message edited by: Bama Cat ]

Posts: 14159 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cold Spring Cat
Player
Member # 14751

posted 01-02-2018 09:16 AM      Profile for Cold Spring Cat   Email Cold Spring Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I put no credence in rankings whatsoever - it is a bunch of AP writers and coaches throwing names in a hat as to who they think is good or not good.

What counts is what teams do in their conference tournaments and in the NCAA tourney in March.

Posts: 140 | From: Cold Spring, KY | Registered: Sep 2017  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 01-02-2018 10:12 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
bama you cant really believe that we "will win out" do you? Ain't happening..sorry to say//

watching the ark/tenn game was an eye opening as far as quality of teams this year in the sec

[ 01-02-2018, 10:13 AM: Message edited by: ukcatfannfl ]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cold Spring Cat
Player
Member # 14751

posted 01-02-2018 10:29 AM      Profile for Cold Spring Cat   Email Cold Spring Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ukcatfannfl:
bama you cant really believe that we "will win out" do you? Ain't happening..sorry to say//

watching the ark/tenn game was an eye opening as far as quality of teams this year in the sec

Cats will suffer at least 4-5 conference losses this season with the talent in the SEC. A few of them will be HOME losses. I see losses @ UT, @Arkansas, @ Florida, Texas A&M @ Rupp and possibly Alabama @ Rupp.

Until this team totally buys in to playing team ball, they will take some major lumps.

Posts: 140 | From: Cold Spring, KY | Registered: Sep 2017  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 01-02-2018 11:34 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't think Bama can beat us at Rupp. I think A&M has the potential, but Bama would only beat us in Tuscaloosa.
Posts: 10342 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 01-02-2018 08:33 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

I think UK probably will lose 7 or 8 games in the SEC this year. The league is much better (getting back to the level it was at from 1994-2006) and this UK team is going to struggle in every true road environment that they play at.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 01-02-2018 10:06 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There is no way this team losses 7-8 league games

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

WildcatFanatic
Player
Member # 2932

posted 01-02-2018 11:18 PM      Profile for WildcatFanatic     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
For what it's worth Florida put a major whuppin' on the Aggies tonight at A&M!
Posts: 1531 | From: Lexington, Ky | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 01-03-2018 07:02 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
but aggies were without three starters makes a big difference

Auburn beating tenn at home is a big deal imo

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
WildcatFanatic
Player
Member # 2932

posted 01-03-2018 10:01 AM      Profile for WildcatFanatic     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes. A&M was caught shorthanded. FL took advantage. Vandy beating Alabama was interesting as well. Road game for our Cats tonight will be a test. Go Cats!!
Posts: 1531 | From: Lexington, Ky | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 01-03-2018 11:16 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My, my, my. A few folks are reading what the sooth sayers are projecting about the SEC. Just look at all the upsets that are occurring in the SEC. Some would say it's because of the strength of the SEC. I would consider it a result of how evenly the SEC is at a low level of expertise. This includes us. We have the players but they don't have "IT" yet. I projected 3 SEC losses for us before the season and I see no reason to change my mind, yet. The teams I thought we would lose to are probably not the teams we will actually lose to. The top 25 is just not over loaded with SEC teams.
Posts: 14159 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 01-20-2018 10:39 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Trey Ball:
quote:

I think UK probably will lose 7 or 8 games in the SEC this year. The league is much better u(getting back to the level it was at from 1994-2006) and this UK team is going to struggle in every true road environment that they play at.
Upon further review I believe you are right. This team does not value possessions, to many unforced turnovers.

--------------------

Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 01-20-2018 11:45 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rlt4uk:
quote:
Originally posted by Trey Ball:
quote:

I think UK probably will lose 7 or 8 games in the SEC this year. The league is much better u(getting back to the level it was at from 1994-2006) and this UK team is going to struggle in every true road environment that they play at.
Upon further review I believe you are right. This team does not value possessions, to many unforced turnovers.
Actually since I was originally counting the last two games as wins, I would say it is 9-10 losses now in the SEC. No way this team is going to win at Auburn/Arkansas/Texas A&M/Florida. Those are all basically guaranteed losses. I'm not sure they can beat Missouri either on the road and Alabama/UT/Miss State will all be challenging home games.

--------------------

redbone

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 01-21-2018 12:08 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Add on to that a loss in the SEC tourney and we're most likely looking at a 10-loss season and, if we're lucky, an 8 or 9 seed.
Posts: 10342 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 01-21-2018 12:09 AM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PaulCat:
Add on to that a loss in the SEC tourney and we're most likely looking at a 10-loss season and, if we're lucky, an 8 or 9 seed.

PC,

Don't forget the blowout loss they are going to receive when they play West Virginia in Morgantown in a week or two. That will be really ugly.

--------------------

redbone

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-21-2018 06:35 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
KY plays in Morgantown next Saturday.

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123983 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 01-21-2018 09:13 AM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This team is an NIT team at best right now. Unless we somehow learn how to shoot the ball from outside, and play with intelligence, we will easily lose 10+ games this year. I was hoping Vanderbilt could make a difference, but he is just another athlete with no outside shot. I like his hustle, passing, and he can handle the ball; and that will help some; but we need some shooters in the worst way to make any difference on this team.
Posts: 5438 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com