TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Stoops is an idiot.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stoops is an idiot.
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 09-23-2017 11:41 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'll freely admit that I have never been a fan of his from the day he was hired, but honestly is there a more disorganized head coach in the BCS conferences then him?

I mean how do you leave WR's uncovered out of time outs? It's bad enough to do it once, but twice IN THE SAME GAME!!

I've always said teams take on identities of there head coach. That is why you a team get a penalty and then take back to back sacks in the first half to take away an almost guaranteed chip shot FG and it leads to a 48 yard miss. That is why you see continual bad snaps from the center. It is why you see a penalty on a run play to set up the winning FG and push you out of range.

It's all a reflection of your head coach, in my opinion.

[ 09-23-2017, 11:50 PM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11534 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 09-23-2017 11:45 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No doubt several correctable mistakes were made tonight!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123968 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 09-23-2017 11:54 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I live with the same thing in the NFL since I'm a life long Cowboys fan. Dallas hasn't had a "real" Head Coach since Jimmy Johnson was fired by the ego maniac Jerry Jones.

The biggest reason the Patriots have been so good for so long is because just like his good friend Jimmy Johnson, Bill Belicheck, does not tolerate mistakes. If you can't play the way he ask and mistake free, he has no use for you. That is called coaching and the players no they are accountable for it.

[ 09-23-2017, 11:55 PM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11534 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 09-26-2017 08:13 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He is obviously a much better recruiter than he is bench coach. I thought Ky had the better team and would have easily won the game had they not quit attacking in the 4th quarter and made those two dumb defensive mistakes by leaving the receiver uncovered right after time outs, not once, but twice. Very poor coaching.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 09-26-2017 10:30 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm no coach, but I was a tad bit puzzled/shocked when we decided to run another play after we got the first down in FG range. I was thinking if we converted on 4th down that we'd go ahead and kick the FG.
Posts: 10324 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 09-26-2017 02:28 PM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree with Trey Ball, he is the Marvin Lewis of college football. Some good defensive coordinators doesn't necessarily mean they will be great coaches. They both look disorganized and sometimes confused. It's a shame because most if not all other things look good. A disorganized coach can cost a lot of games.

[ 09-26-2017, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: blue hoot ]

Posts: 1495 | From: Wimauma, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-27-2017 04:46 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You have to go back "11" head coaches to find a Kentucky head coach with a winning career record coaching the Cats.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 09-30-2017 10:22 AM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I do not fully understand the sideline coaching organization in football. However, it seems that maybe the defensive coach would be the person to make the defensive adjustments and alignments and not the head coach. There is too much happening in a football game for one person to keep the offense and defense completely organized
Posts: 845 | From: Cullman, AL, USA | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 10-02-2017 03:33 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He's an idiot because he goes into let's play not to lose with way to much time on the clock.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 10-02-2017 11:57 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ABSOLUTELY! I can see it happen up close. At the end of the half he comes out rushing 3 or 4 men but they never seem to be able to beat their man and get thru to the QB. We should be able to cover their receivers but they seem to make the short passes against us to move down the field. Our luck in getting the right guys for the defensive line is shown by Matt Elam. What a waste. We make the QBs look like a star because he has so much time to run around until one of his receivers gets loose. I hope we can win another 4 games or Stoops is really going to look like an idiot.
Posts: 14130 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 10-02-2017 08:30 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
His game management skills are non-existent. He makes very poor decisions when the game is on the line. If he and his staff could coach half as good as they can recruit we'd challenge for the east crown. Unfortunately, that ain't happening.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com