TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » WITNESSES (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Author Topic: WITNESSES
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 01-30-2020 01:42 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Any reason why witnesses should not be allowed to testify in the Senate impeachment trial?

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 01-30-2020 04:52 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It matters not a whit to the eventual outcome. The President, no matter what he may or may not have done, will be acquitted. The vote will be primarily down party lines, a few exceptions but not near enough to change the predetermined outcome. Neither side cares about what is fair

IMO, no witnesses. Let the sideshow end.

[ 01-30-2020, 05:35 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5409 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 01-30-2020 09:12 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am not taking the bait.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 01-30-2020 09:59 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Very smart Norm

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 01-31-2020 02:28 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hc:
quote:
The President, no matter what he may or may not have done, will be acquitted.
That's why witnesses are important...to prove just that.

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-31-2020 04:52 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The biggest problem I see with calling witnesses is the fact that the House managers say there is enough info already to make their case a strong one. Evidently there isn't or they wouldn't want witnesses called. If their case is as strong as they say it is then witnesses could hurt them more than it could help them.
THe other problem with calling witnesses is, all of the people that SHOULD be called as witnesses WON'T! The whistle blower should be a witness. He/She is the reason this so called impeachable offense got started!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 01-31-2020 09:41 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
mh:
quote:
The biggest problem I see with calling witnesses is the fact that the House managers say there is enough info already to make their case a strong one. Evidently there isn't or they wouldn't want witnesses called.
The Senate says this evidence is second-hand, he said-she said stuff...nothing directly tied to the President.

Now Bolton (the guy in the front row with his hand up), a direct link and witness to the events in question, has come forward willing to testify....so, what's the problem?

quote:
THe other problem with calling witnesses is, all of the people that SHOULD be called as witnesses WON'T! The whistle blower should be a witness. He/She is the reason this so called impeachable offense got started!
Another witness that probably won't be called is the Inspector General...he declared the whistle blower complaint to be "credible and urgent".

--------------------

Jarcat
Player
Member # 95

posted 01-31-2020 02:45 PM      Profile for Jarcat   Email Jarcat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Didn't the "Demoncrats" state going into this sham that they had an iron-clad case against Trump with irrefutable evidence. If that's true why do they need more witnesses to make their case.?

--------------------
The truth is out there

Posts: 3014 | From: Lexington, KY | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 01-31-2020 03:20 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Jarcat:
quote:
Didn't the "Demoncrats" state going into this sham that they had an iron-clad case against Trump with irrefutable evidence. If that's true why do they need more witnesses to make their case.?
Because the Senate dismissed the "irrefutable evidence" on the grounds that it is basically hear-say...no direct ties to the President.

Bolton is someone who was there...in the room...taking notes, as he always does. He is willing to tell us, under oath, what went on in his presence.

Something wrong with that?

[ 01-31-2020, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------

EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 01-31-2020 05:58 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The House could have called witnesses, such as Bolton, but chose not to do so. The Senate is under no obligation to call witnesses. Swampers from both sides are demanding witnesses because they don’t like Trump. President Trump is acquitted. Let’s move on.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 01-31-2020 06:10 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Acquittal does not mean innocence.

--------------------

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 01-31-2020 07:59 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yawn.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 01-31-2020 08:02 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Doesn't mean guilty either !!!

Why didn't Bolton testify during the House inquiry "UNDER OATH" ??? Oh yeah maybe just maybe … he is trying to sell a book now.

MEL

[ 01-31-2020, 08:03 PM: Message edited by: MEL ]

Posts: 2795 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 01-31-2020 09:34 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is the best post of the day-simply because it sums up this entire thread in one sentence.

--------------------

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 01-31-2020 09:51 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
This is the best post of the day-simply because it sums up this entire thread in one sentence.

Glad I”m best at something! Do I get a prize?
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 01-31-2020 10:07 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You can come and get my old 97 S10 and drive it for a week, JF you replace the Heat/Air blower motor while you have it.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 01-31-2020 10:10 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
WOW! you said that, hc? Just kidd'n...I knowed it wuz you the minute you ask for something [Razz]

--------------------

Jarcat
Player
Member # 95

posted 02-01-2020 09:19 AM      Profile for Jarcat   Email Jarcat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Whether Trump did or did not do all these spurious allegations isn't the issue here. None of these charges are impeachable offenses.

To me the bottom line is:

"You don't impeach a president just because you hate him"!

--------------------
The truth is out there

Posts: 3014 | From: Lexington, KY | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 02-01-2020 11:45 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Jarcat:
quote:
"You don't impeach a president just because you hate him"!
Of course not...you impeach a president when he/she abuses and corrupts the privilege and power of the presidency.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-01-2020 02:12 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Funny how the House managers were in such a hurry to make their case that they didn't get all of the info to make their case. THe house Managers had a subpoena for Bolten but didn't want to wait for the Judicial release in order to question him.
Once they had their (so called) articles of Impeachment, they sat on them rather than sending them to the Senate in hopes of finding more evidence to build their case! In a nut shell, If the House would've taken their time to make their case they may have had more of a case!

Knowing the Democratic party, This isn't the last we'll hear of impeachment!

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 02-01-2020 11:24 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hope this results in not only a Trump re-election, but a thorough cleaning of congress. Vote the bums out.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-02-2020 12:04 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm with you, Tip!

--------------------

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 02-02-2020 09:04 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
mh:
quote:
Funny how the House managers were in such a hurry to make their case that they didn't get all of the info to make their case. THe house Managers had a subpoena for Bolten but didn't want to wait for the Judicial release in order to question him.

Ok...but the Senate didn't have to wait...Bolton volunteered

quote:
In a nut shell, If the House would've taken their time to make their case they may have had more of a case!
Same could be said about the senate.

--------------------

EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 02-02-2020 04:37 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The senate was the jury, not the prosecutors. They weren’t required to gather evidence, just make a decision on the evidence that was presented. It was the House’s responsibility to gather the evidence and they decided to rush this farce through and it cost them.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 02-02-2020 05:24 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hope it costs them a lot more in November. The American people are not stupid, and I fully expect the GOP will keep the presidency and the senate, and retake the house. The funniest thing I saw in this farce, was Nadler beating Schiff to the microphone when the Chief Justice asked if the house (mis)managers had any final word. "Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!"

[ 02-02-2020, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: Old Norm ]

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 02-02-2020 08:45 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
EC.
quote:
It was the House’s responsibility to gather the evidence
That's true. The way they do this is through witnesses and documents...Trump obstructed congress by refusing to provide any at all, even ignoring legally issued subpoenas.

Norm:
quote:
I hope it costs them a lot more in November. The American people are not stupid, and I fully expect the GOP will keep the presidency and the senate, and retake the house.
I wouldn't bet the farm on that, Norm. Over 75% of Americans, including a plurality of republicans, wanted to hear from witnesses.

--------------------

MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 02-03-2020 01:07 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MM … I haven't talked to one person that wants to hear anything from witnesses … they are ready for this farce to be over and done with !!! They have all told me the witch hunt started when Trump started running for office and hasn't stopped (actually got worse) since he won the election. When one thing doesn't work out for the libs then they start with something else yet nothing sticks !!!

Also "who" did the survey you are talking about (over 75% of the American people) ??? Always look to who put on the survey to see how accurate it is !!! Somehow almost every survey or poll always goes to what the people putting it on want to hear !!!

MEL

rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 02-03-2020 04:16 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The House should have called these whiteness when they had their chance. The Do nothing Demo-crits want their cake and they want to eat it to.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9799 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 02-03-2020 04:17 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
P.S. TRUMP 2020!!! Keep America Great!!!

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9799 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 02-03-2020 06:39 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MEL:
quote:
MM … I haven't talked to one person that wants to hear anything from witnesses
Maybe those people are in the other 25%.

75%

Many more links if you want to look.

rlt4uk:

quote:
The House should have called these whiteness when they had their chance. The Do nothing Demo-crits want their cake and they want to eat it to.
Bolton did not volunteer to testify until after the HOR had concluded their investigation.

NEW EVIDENCE, particularly first-hand, eye-witness accounts, can not be excluded if this "witch hunt"/"farce" is to be exposed and confirmed. Isn't that what you want?

"It's not my job" is no excuse for not doing your job.

--------------------

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 02-03-2020 06:58 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Quote by President Trump.

The polls, they say I have the most loyal people. ... Where I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters, okay?

One thing for sure, Donald Trump knows his base. IMO, there is nothing he can do that will change their opinion of him.

M&M, I’m really not being critical of your arguments but of all available presidential candidates, who would you rather have than Donald Trump?

I think it’s time to let this go and let the election decide it.

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 02-03-2020 08:43 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
According to "the polls", Hillary was supposed to beat Trump easily a few years ago. Polls are about as useful as a screen door on the side of a submarine.

Posts: 10347 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 02-03-2020 08:49 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hc:
quote:
IMO, there is nothing he can do that will change their opinion of him.
I agree 100%...I have never seen anything like it.

quote:
M&M, I’m really not being critical of your arguments but of all available presidential candidates, who would you rather have than Donald Trump?
Honestly, I don't know, I haven't watched the first minute of the Dem debates...gonna see what the Dems come up with and go from there.

quote:

I think it’s time to let this go and let the election decide it.

With the Senate voting for no witnesses that's basically where we are.

quote:
M&M, I’m really not being critical of your arguments
Wouldn't bother me none if you wuz, hc...man got a right to speak his mind...and an obligation to be respectful when he does...far as I know, you check all those boxes, hc.

--------------------

MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 02-03-2020 09:29 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have a question … did anyone on this site or anyone on this site know of anyone who participated in the Quinnipiac pole ??? Pole do not ask everyone and since then don't many times they ask people in certain areas (depending on the pollsters) they can even ask the people they want answers from. I have a very hard time believing 75% of "ALL" Americans have said they want to hear the witnesses !!! Oh I believe the people running the polls have an agenda just like the libs / dems have had all along !!! We also know who runs mass media sites !!! Following social media tends to make me believe it is the younger generations that are answering these polls and as we all know colleges and universities are teaching liberalism more than they are teaching education these days … I run into it everyday at work where the college kids / workers don't know anything about anything other than what their professors tell them !!! Sheep being led to the slaughter IMHO !!! They think everything is going to be "Free" when a liberal gets elected but not a one of them can tell me who is going to pay the bills for all the free stuff !!!

MEL

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 02-04-2020 05:08 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MEL:
quote:
I have a very hard time believing 75% of "ALL" Americans have said they want to hear the witnesses !!!
I'm surprised it's not higher.

[ 02-04-2020, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-04-2020 08:25 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
^^^^^^^Truth^^^^^

Some of us wanted to hear Schiff go before the White House attorneys. He'd probably lie then too, though!

--------------------

CatFanInYankeeville
Player
Member # 2025

posted 02-06-2020 06:39 PM      Profile for CatFanInYankeeville     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Because the trial should have been held in the House. Not in the Senate. Not the job of the Senate to hear witnesses, they're basically the jury in an impeachment. The House should have, and could have, called every witness from here to Mongolia, but instead opted to rush things through because they had a rock-solid case that, for some reason, crazy Nancy wanted to hold onto for a while before moving to the Senate. The House Dems screwed themselves on purpose, so they could all point at the Senate and cry about how unfair they are.

--------------------
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian!” Henry Ford

Posts: 5563 | From: Eddyville at heart, Chicago in life | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-06-2020 07:40 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Crazy Nancy was hoping above all hope that something else would be uncovered between the time they rushed the impeachment through the house until the time that it was given to the Senate.
She already had been told that if she didn't drop the charges to the Senate by a certain time that all of those charges were null and void.

SHe dropped the charges in the Senates lap hoping above all hope that they'd be suckered into doing the job of the house for them.

McConnell never allowed the Senate to do the Houses' job by calling more witnesses knowing full well what the out come was going to be!

Don't think that the Dems are through trying to take DJT down. If they don't take him down, they don't have confidence they have a candidate running for Prez that can defeat him!

Gallop polls show that the Dem Party is now weaker in confidence than it did before they did when Pelosi announced Impeachment charges,

GOP confidence in DJT is 8 points stronger than it was when those charges were announced!

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-06-2020 07:48 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Suddenly it's discovered that even Romney had a relative receiving funds from the Ukraine Govt along with Pelosi, and Biden

--------------------

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 02-07-2020 07:52 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I get the "technical" argument that it was not the Senate's "job" to call witnesses. But they do have a responsibility and duty to conduct some semblance of a fair trial.

I never thought for a minute that Trump would be convicted...not a chance. I also didn't think the Senate would brazenly ignore and refuse to hear first-hand, eye-witness accounts...the very kind of evidence the Senate told the HOR they wanted.

It's not about what's right any more, it's about winning...but it does matter how you go about it.

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com