TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Free throw shooting has to improve!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Free throw shooting has to improve!
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-16-2018 09:00 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Kentucky basketball team has no problem getting to the charity stripe. The Wildcats have shown themselves to be a poor-shooting team from beyond the arc, therefore they’re going to get the majority of their buckets in the paint. Driving to the basket often results in getting fouled and heading to the line. UK is 8th in the nation with 460 attempts on the season. That’s almost 26 times per game.
Unfortunately, the Wildcats rank 269th in free throw percentage. Wow! On the season, the Kentucky basketball team is shooting 67.8% from the foul line. With this team being so dependent on its ability to score down low, that percentage is not going to cut it.

The past 5 games…
Take a look at the percentages from the Wildcats’ last 5 games. LSU (53.8%), Tennessee (62.5%), Texas A&M (64.7%), Vanderbilt (67.6%) and South Carolina (63.9%). Notice a trend? Over the last 5 games, the Kentucky basketball team has shot worse than their already atrocious average of 67.8%.

Now, I’m a realist. I know it’s unlikely for team full of freshmen to knock down 85-plus percent of their foul shots. However, when Nick Richards is hitting 75% from the line, I don’t think it’s too much to expect your lead guard to make better than 62%. That’s right, Hamidou Diallo, whose game is built around driving to the bucket shoots, has missed 32 of his 84 free throw attempts.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 11-16-2018 09:34 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bruce FYI This article is almost a yr old they are talking about last yrs team..

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 11-16-2018 09:36 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
CMD, this is an article about last year's team. This year's team is shooting fairly well from the charity stripe.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-17-2018 10:20 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
TT, My error we are 71-95 from the line this year which is right at 74.7% and ranks "69th" best in Div.1 basketball. It's our 3 point shooting that needs improvement as we are 14-44 from the 3 point line (31.8%) Which currently ranks 234th in Div. 1 basketball.

Link

[ 11-17-2018, 10:41 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com