TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Something I just heard on the radio

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Something I just heard on the radio
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-28-2014 05:20 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Listening to a sports talk radio show the comment was made that if KY won the title this year Calapari would leave to coach somewhere else.
I personally don't believe that. I think he's happy here.
What are your thoughts?

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 11-28-2014 05:30 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't believe for a minute he would ever leave and coach another college team. NBA might be a horse of a different color.
Posts: 5409 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
eleem
Player
Member # 884

posted 11-28-2014 05:44 PM      Profile for eleem   Email eleem   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MH I'm like you, don't think he would leave to
coach another college team. I even doubt he
would want to coach another pro team. I think he
stays until it's time to retire for good. Too
much wear and tear on the body.

Posts: 13248 | From: flatwoods,ky. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 11-28-2014 06:12 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He would be nuts to leave UK. Any place he would go to from UK would be a step down in status and pay. That is one reason I never listen to Sports talk on the radio, they have to commit some type of controversy to keep listeners tuning in.

[ 11-28-2014, 06:13 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-28-2014 06:27 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's been forever since I called in to one. I figured it was somebody hoping he would leave not someone who knows for sure he'd leave.

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-28-2014 06:50 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't believe that story till until we here if from Cal!

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-28-2014 06:52 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Where could he possibly go to have the success he has had at Kentucky?

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-28-2014 07:20 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I can't think of anywhere he could go.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-28-2014 07:23 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It sure wouldn't be to the NBA unless it was a team that had a lot of talent on it or had a lot of draft picks. He has been there and done that with very little success.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-28-2014 07:43 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't ever see him going back to the NBA either.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-28-2014 07:49 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's not his cup of tea unless he could coach the Pelicans or maybe Cousins.

--------------------

FlaCatz
Player
Member # 925

posted 11-28-2014 08:00 PM      Profile for FlaCatz   Email FlaCatz   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MH,

I am so sorry, when I called in to that talk show I thought it would be funny to start a rumor that Cal was gonna leave and take the job at Indiana.... Then I found out that job wasn't open..... YET

--------------------
Pray for our Service Members and their families left behind!

Posts: 8880 | From: Lawrenceburg, Indiana | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 11-28-2014 08:31 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
WELL IM ONE THAT THINKS CAL MIGHT NOT BE BACK, HES ARROGANT LATELY WITH THE FANS, ESPECIALLY AFTER THE GAMES WHEN FANS WATCH LEACH INTERVIEW HIM. JMO MAYBE IM READING INTO THIS WRONG, CLEVELAND CAVS NEXT STOP. IMO OR I THINK HIS HIP RELACEMENT DIDNT GO WELL , AND HES STILL LIMPING, PAIN MEDICINE WILL MAKE U ACT LIKE THAT.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-28-2014 08:43 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cleveland is a possibility.

--------------------

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 11-28-2014 08:54 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I believe he is sincere about his calling is to help young people reach their dreams. No place other than Ky can he do that. I think that titles, money at this stage in his life are a distant second. His impact on his players are what makes him do what he does! (jmo)

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-28-2014 09:00 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just don't see the jump back to the NBA myself.

--------------------

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 11-28-2014 10:31 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not going anywhere! He will retire on Richmond Road, Lexington, Ky. He was at the Salvation Army with his players serving meals on Thanksgiving day. He has more than enough things going locally to keep him going until he can surpass Adolph Rupp in championships (6), and UCLA (12). He may not have enough time to pass Rupp in SEC championships. He probably already holds the record for most 1st round draft picks in a season & total, as well as most draft picks in a season. By the time he gets 4 or 5 more championships he may be read to retire. Why should he be any different than ratface in staying at the best college basketball program in the country. [Razz] [Razz]

[ 11-28-2014, 10:33 PM: Message edited by: Bama Cat ]

Posts: 14172 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 11-28-2014 10:38 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
coach cal says that UK is the gold standard, so why would he settle for anything less. The only way he leaves is if he gets a chance to coach Labron.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9798 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 11-28-2014 10:42 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have a hard time believing he will jump to the NBA, because at Kentucky he gets the best talent, year in and year out.

In the pros, you might have talent, but then stuck with long term contracts for aging players and can't replace them. You lose a star guard and your whole season is crap.

If Cal wins it all this season, and I think he will, the media and the portion of fans that complain will quit knocking him, until the next season starts. The rest of the UK fans will have over blown expectations of Cal and UK running a string of championships together like they are the Boston Celtics with Bill Russel at center.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-28-2014 11:23 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
rlt, I hope he means what he says.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-28-2014 11:25 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If he coach's Lebron he might find out Lebron doesn't like to be yelled at or told what to do for that matter.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-29-2014 06:38 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Several of these college to pro coaches, Pitino and Cal included have found that it isn't the same in the NBA as it is in college. No guarantees in the Pros. You don't necessarily control your own destiny as a head coach.

--------------------

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 11-29-2014 08:18 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

If he coach's Lebron he might find out Lebron doesn't like to be yelled at or told what to do for that matter.
quote:

I see Lebron is complaining now about having to play too many minutes in Cleveland games which he fears is going to shorten his career. I don't think Cal would ever go to Cleveland or any other pro team, the pay would be less than he makes at UK and his headaches would only triple at a place like Cleveland. Lebron is a great talent but he wants to call the shots where ever he plays and I don't think Cal could accept that from any player.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-29-2014 08:44 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There are also twice as many games the pro teams play verses the schedule that the college teams can play.

--------------------

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 11-29-2014 08:56 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Coaches have the power and control in college. Star players have the power and control in the pros. Would a championship college coach really want to go back to the NBA, when he has already tried it?
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-29-2014 09:11 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't think Calipari would do well in the pro's he did it once and it didn't work at all. However his personality is such that failure is not acceptable so he might want to go back to the pro's in the right situation where he has a team with talent that would give him the players needed to succeed. Lebron, Cousins or Davis is that opportunity and if he goes back that's where it would be. imo

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-29-2014 09:53 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In the pros, though, it takes more than 1 or 2 star players to make a championship team. It takes chemistry, talent and a whole lot of luck!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-29-2014 10:41 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You get the stars and you build around them that's how NBA teams are built. You pretty much need a star to help bring in the contributors.

--------------------

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 11-29-2014 11:34 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Why hasn't coach K went to the NBA? We all know he has had a chance to do it. He even gets a little bit of that with the pros on the Olympic team. Cal is just like him when it comes to the NBA. He gives it some thought and what it might be like, but when he thinks it over he realizes he is in a lot better situation right where he is. He only has to look as far as Louisville and their coach RP. He left the BBN and has admitted he made the wrong move and would give his left testicle if he could still be here. As I've said, I'm convinced he will retire in Lexington and enjoy life as a BBN rock star till his days are over.

[ 11-29-2014, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: Bama Cat ]

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-29-2014 11:40 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
BC, your probably right on Cal and if he is smart that's what he will do. He has been to the NBA and done that so now he needs to enjoy the precious present enjoy what he does best.

--------------------

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 11-29-2014 11:43 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bama said":he can surpass Adolph Rupp in championships (6),"

Rupp had 4!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 11-29-2014 11:43 AM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
LEBRON AND IRVING WILL NOT GO FOR A PLATOON SYSTEM.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 11-29-2014 04:58 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sorry about the goof up. I knew he only had 4 and Cal has 1 which means he needs 4 more.

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com