TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Tod Lanter impressed with Ulis

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tod Lanter impressed with Ulis
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-27-2014 01:29 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's good to hear all the freshman are ready to roll and will not back down to their upper classmen.

Tyler Ulis quickly showed UK fans with his play in the Bahamas that they probably had underestimated him because of his 5-9 frame.

“But all four of them (UK’s freshmen) have impressed me more than I expected. I didn’t know much about any of them coming in. I am not one that buys in to highlight tapes much. People questioned Tyler’s size and with past experiences we’ve had with guards here, that’s a logical assumption,” UK senior Tod Lanter said as the Cats get set for their annual Blue-White Game tonight.

“I  am not looking to say I doubted any of them, but they showed all of us they can play and they are not hear to watch other guys. They are going to push other guys and play their roles. Tyler is a bull. He is not going to take being bumped around and we saw that in the Bahamas. I think he responds well to on-ball pressure and mental pressure. That’s what you have to have under this microscope, and he’s got it.”

Lanter also likes the way Lyles and Booker have been so open to leadership from older players, including him.

“I think all returners have done a good job of explaining what the coaches expect from them. Let’s face it — the coaches are not always clear in what they want. They tell you to do something, but they don’t tell you how to do it,” Lanter said. “These returners have learned what is expected and know what Coach means and they have shown them what is expected.

“All four of them are looking for advice and want to learn. They want them to feed them what they know and teach them this is what it will take. Devin and Trey just a little more quiet than what you see until you get to know them a little more. Karl is very open but they are all vocal and outgoing on the court and that’s what we need from them to be the team we can be.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-01-2014 08:32 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Where I think Ulis will help us the most is he can make three's and that is probably our biggest weakness. When he comes in for Andrew we don't lose a lot and in certain situations we are a better team.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-01-2014 01:23 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The defensive pressure that he creates is very important too!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-01-2014 09:10 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He will get a lot of minutes this year and will be a very important par of this team. He will make his teammates better and when need he will score his share of the points.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-01-2014 09:12 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tyler finds a way to drop the dimes. Always has his head up looking down the floor!
Watch and see if he doesn't challenge for leading the team in steals this year too!

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-01-2014 09:31 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think Booker too is going to be a big help and by the time he leaves he is going to leave his mark on the stat sheets. He is smooth and reminds me of a more athletic Doron Lamb.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-01-2014 09:50 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Booker may well be one of the best shooters on the team this year!

--------------------

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 11-01-2014 10:15 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ulis is the quickest guard we have. He is great to have come off the bench in games and have him pressure the starters in practice. I wondered how good he was, until I saw him in the Bahama games. The kid has got game. He is the real deal.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-01-2014 10:21 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
3.5 seconds in the 3/4 court run! That's pretty stinking fast!

--------------------

Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 11-02-2014 01:50 AM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ULIS WILL PRESS U THE WHOLE LENGTH OF THE COURT, AND NOT GET TIRED, I'M SO GRATEFUL TO HAVE HIM, HE COULD START ON ANY TEAM IN AMERICA. WELL MAYBE NOT ANY TEAM , BUT IM PARTIAL AND I LOVE HIS PURE POINT GUARD WAY OF PLAYING.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-02-2014 09:08 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He definitely will make good use of the minutes he gets this season.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com