TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Stacy Poole to consider Transfer

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stacy Poole to consider Transfer
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 11-02-2011 03:04 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
According to article in today's LHL, Stacy Poole and his dad are meeting this weekend to determine whether he is to find another school to showcase his basketball talents at:

ARTICLE

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 11-02-2011 06:19 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The so called "kid" is 20 yrs old. Will he let his father make the decision for him? We shall see.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-02-2011 07:47 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Enterprise Cat and i met Poole and his family minus his father at a game in Jacksonville after he had commited to the Cats. I don't think his father was around much and its a shame he is now making his decisions for him although i doubt Stacy would ever see much playing time at Kentucky. Things have a way of working out for the best and hope what ever Stacy does works out for him as he is a very nice and deserving young man.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Banner8Cat
Player
Member # 2824

posted 11-02-2011 12:28 PM      Profile for Banner8Cat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've been saying for a Long time that Poole would have a hard time ever seeing much playing time at UK unless he improved a lot. He has extremely high level competition every year. Having said that, I think he has a shot to earn some minutes this year. We're a bit thin at the guard position and Beckman can't even play until the spring.

--------------------
GO CATS!
http://Heardthatsports.podbean.com/

Posts: 1293 | From: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 11-02-2011 04:42 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal recruited him when he was getting started and had no idea who he would be able to sign. I consider him a step below Jon Hood and Hood will also find it tough when he gets back next year if we get the guys I think we will get. Poole would fit a lot better with teams like EKU and Morehead. He would get plenty of PT and would probably be a bigger part of their game.
Posts: 14176 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 11-02-2011 05:49 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Stacey's biggest problem is he is inconsistent with his outside shot. He is very athletic and hustles, but the bottom line is you have to put the ball in the basket and he struggles doing that. I wish him the best if he decides to transfer, but hope he sticks it out and ends up contributing to this year's team. After reading the article, I have no problem with his dad getting involved. He said Stacey loves UK, but appears to be pressing instead of having fun. Your college experience needs to be enjoyable as well as fulfilling, so I have no problem with it. His mother is a classy lady and I'm sure she's concerned too.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 11-02-2011 11:21 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Since he didn't dress for this game tonight I think we'll have an answer by Monday. If he is going tostay I don't think he will miss two games, even if they are exhibitions.
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 11-03-2011 05:30 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He was not even in Rupp arena to watch his teammates play last night so I am assuming he is gone. I see little to no playing time for him and don't feel that his transferring will be a major blow to our program.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 11-03-2011 12:44 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We can say that may have been Cal's first recruiting mistake. As we all know great high school players do not always make great college players. If he leaves I hope he gets in a school where he can challenge for a starting job.
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 11-03-2011 01:51 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Actually it frees up another scholly for Coach to have in his hip pocket! Good for us!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
FlaCatz
Player
Member # 925

posted 11-03-2011 04:18 PM      Profile for FlaCatz   Email FlaCatz   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Off with his head! [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Pray for our Service Members and their families left behind!

Posts: 8880 | From: Lawrenceburg, Indiana | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 11-03-2011 08:20 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mistakes never are nice situations in basketball. Stacy is not born with blue blood in his veins so I'm sure it's hard for him to just sit on the bench for 4 years, even if he becomes part of an NCAA Championship.I personally hope he goes somewhere where he can become a starter.

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com