TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Texas A&M came calling, but Stoops is staying in Lexington

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Texas A&M came calling, but Stoops is staying in Lexington
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-26-2023 12:41 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Did anyone else see the report that A&M was looking to name Stoops their next head football coach?

Yesterday (Saturday) Morning RIvals Website titled Aggies Yell, was reporting that, barring a last minute collapse, Mark Stoops is expected to be A&M's next head football coach!

Stoops is the longest tenured head coach in KY history now, 11 years! Stoops' record at KY is 72-64 with 2 10 win season campaigns.

Later in the day, yesterday, reports then moved to the potential for Dabo Swinney as being considered for the job!

FInally, late Saturday Night early SUnday Morning Stoops shares on social media,"

I know there's been speculation about me and my job situation the last couple of days. It's true I was contacted a potential opportunity this weekend, but after celebrating a big win against our rivals with players I love like family, I knew in my heart I couldn't leave the University of Kentucky right now. "

[ 11-26-2023, 12:42 PM: Message edited by: m hamilton ]

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123964 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-26-2023 12:49 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
According to reports, Stoops received no financial incentives to keep him in Lexington.

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-26-2023 12:57 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here's my 2 cents on what went down at A&M.

They liked the looks of Stoops and his staying power. He's now been in Lexington 11 years, which is the longest tenure in UK history!

After recently firing Jimbo Fisher, winning coach of a National title in '14.

Is A&M willing to take a step backwards in their hiring of their next coach!

On the other side of the coin, Stoops has made his greatest recruiting inroads in the stat of Ohio. Stoops will also be competing with Tezas, SMU, Texas Tech, along with other Texas universities to get the talent floating around the state!

Note: Could I see A&M trying to get Dabo Swinney? Sure! He has also won a national title in the past 10 years! I guess we'll just have to wait and see how this soap opera ends!

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-26-2023 01:00 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Stoops' contract has him receiving 9 million a year for the next 7 years!

His contract is valid through the '31 season!

[ 11-26-2023, 01:02 PM: Message edited by: m hamilton ]

--------------------

rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 11-27-2023 12:44 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I seen A report where a couple of A&M boosters were going to pullout if Stoops was hired. I believe he got wind of it and decided that the grass wasn't greener on the other side.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 11-27-2023 05:29 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not sure how accurate this is.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2023/11/27/23978499/mark-stoops-texas-am-football-rumors-kentucky-assistant-coaches

Posts: 5379 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-28-2023 05:56 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I can sort of believe it. I did see on X, formerly known as Twitter, that Marrow said he planned to stay in Lexington " long as he here, I will be here." was the exact quote!

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com