TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Mistakes

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mistakes
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 10-15-2023 11:44 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In any area of life, the key to success up to a certain level of performance is to make as few mistakes as possible.

At the professional level, building upon that base of mistake-free play, the key is to make the superior play.

But, for college football, you have to minimize errors. Dropped passes, penalties, fumbles, missed assignments, poor tackling. Etc.

Kentucky has become an error machine the past two Saturdays. I am especially concerned about dropped passes and penalties, both of which are killing this team.

I still have confidence that we can turn it around, but man-oh-man, it is starting to get hard to watch.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13615 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 10-15-2023 04:00 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We started strong but things went down hill from there. I still have hopes of a strong finish and a decent bowl but those hopes are quickly diminishing.

On the bright side, pretty sure we won’t lose next week.

[ 10-15-2023, 04:51 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5396 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 10-16-2023 08:27 AM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I appreciate the optimism and I hope I am wrong, but I am not sure we will win another game at this point.

Obviously, if we clean things up, there are some very good things that this team can do and do well, but I am not seeing any signs that it will clean up and it just feels like there is a chemistry problem on this team.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2252 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 10-18-2023 02:45 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
To me Miss ST and Louisville are the only winnable games that we have left.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9779 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 10-19-2023 05:55 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think we can beat South Carolina, but we're going to have to clean up the mistakes we've made the last 2 weekends!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123974 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 10-30-2023 01:53 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
South Carolina and Miss St. may be winnable and Louisville is a toss-up but Bama is definitely A loss.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9779 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com