TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Could it happen?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Could it happen?
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 09-28-2023 08:37 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We are slightly favored to win against Florida today. That would really give this team momentum and reason to believe in themselves going into the teeth of the SEC season.

Could it happen?

Heck yeah!

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13595 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 09-29-2023 07:31 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You’re right, a win really would give us momentum. It would also increase handycat’s opinion of this team. As I’ve said in other posts, for whatever reason, I’ve been unimpressed with this team in spite of being 4-0.

I’m in the mood to eat me some crow.

Posts: 5379 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 09-30-2023 03:12 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mona is making me dinner as I write this. I’m having baked stuffed crow, mashed potatoes and green beans and it smells delicious.
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 09-30-2023 06:49 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am sure that will taste deeee-licious.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13595 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 10-02-2023 05:50 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Handy, like you, I haven't been that impressed with our gridiron gang up until Sat. because we always open with a very soft Sept. Grant it, we play 5-6 ranked teams on our schedule after the very soft Sept. too.

Our defense has really played well and the offensive line was really opening up the holes on Sat. Hopefully we get through this Sat. with nothing more than a 10 point loss and no injuries!
We'll have to be mistake free if we want to stay with GA this weekend!

[ 10-02-2023, 05:51 AM: Message edited by: m hamilton ]

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123962 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 10-02-2023 02:57 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Handy, I myself had crow for dinner saturday night.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 10-02-2023 03:23 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That was an impressive when, especially considering how unimpressive our passing game was.

I want to be realistic and say this week is a definite loss if we cannot through the ball, and potentially it will be a blow out loss, but Stoops teams always surprise me. I mean, I though we could be Florida, but I did't expect it, and I sure didn't expect them to beat Florida that badly without a passing game. I just hope we don't get embarrassed this coming Saturday.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2229 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 10-03-2023 09:02 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm starting to believe. Maybe we can throw it all together against GA and make a close game of it so we can stay in the top 25.
Posts: 14124 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 10-04-2023 02:47 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Big Blue Wall really showed up last saturday, and they will have to protect Leary for us to win. Georgia will sell out to stop the rush so we're going to have to throw it to be competitive. Also our recievers have got to quit dropping catachable balls.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 10-04-2023 02:52 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If we lose this game by two touchdowns or less, I will be happy.

Please, Dear Lord, make me eat crow again.

[ 10-04-2023, 04:04 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 10-05-2023 01:31 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In my heart I don't believe that we can win this game either. If it was A home game maybe, but on the road I don't think so.

--------------------

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 10-05-2023 02:31 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We would have to get a stupendously great play or two at the beginning of the game and play out of our minds.
Posts: 14124 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com