TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » UK to Citrus Bowl.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: UK to Citrus Bowl.
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 12-05-2021 03:59 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The opponent is Iowa at 1PM eastern New Year’s Day on ABC.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2021/12/5/22818915/kent ucky-wildcats-football-iowa-hawkeyes-2022-citrus-bowl-tickets-time-date-tv

[ 12-05-2021, 06:24 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5379 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 12-05-2021 05:48 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am so happy and proud of this team and the coaches. I have close family who have degrees from Alabama and Auburn, but we all pull for the cats (except if they are playing one of those teams, then they know to keep quiet)
Posts: 845 | From: Cullman, AL, USA | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 12-05-2021 06:19 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
I am so happy and proud of this team and the coaches.
Me too Dr Clyde! If we beat Iowa, and I believe we will, that will tie us for the 2nd number of wins in a season.

In my circle of friends, it seemed like enthusiasm waned after the Georgia game and other losses that followed. Hopefully this New Years Bowl game will rekindle some of that.

[ 12-05-2021, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 12-05-2021 08:28 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think getting in a major bowl game is very positive and winning that game is EXTREMELY positive.
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 12-05-2021 10:18 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I watched the Michigan-Iowa game last night with a Michigan fan in a sports bar in NYC. Iowa is not very impressive. But they have a very good run defense, which usually makes us pass waaay too much; Iowa has had 23 interceptions this season, and Levis is interception prone to begin with. I hope the Big Blue Wall shows up in top form and opens some holes for our excellent running backs. If we can establish the ground game, we will kill Iowa.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13597 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 12-05-2021 10:18 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Anybody thinking of going to the game?

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 12-06-2021 05:46 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tip,
I can't go.

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 12-06-2021 06:16 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tip I’ll go with you as long as you can get us quality seats and pay for them. I may also need help with transportation expenses. If you buy the food and take care of the hotel, I’ll take care of all the tips. I don’t want to be a burden.

[ 12-06-2021, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 12-06-2021 10:51 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'll split the tips with Handy, and I might even pay the taxi fare to the bowl.
Posts: 14132 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 12-06-2021 11:32 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I looked up airfare to Orlando after I made that post... ain't no way I am paying that much to fly there! I got a really decent price to fly to New York on short notice (just arrived back from a 4-day weekend there), but apparently Big Blue Nation has already taken the cheap tickets to Orlando.

So, "never mind".

--------------------
Tiptree

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-07-2021 06:08 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sounds like a "Road Trip" to me! I'm up for that, Tip. What time do we leave?

I was pricing tickets on Ticketmaster yesterday. They run anywhere from $60-$360 . At least that was the price range I was looking at!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123969 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 12-07-2021 10:48 AM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey, I would jump in on this deal. We get enough, we could split the tips and cabfare 4 or 5 ways. I am in Atlanta, so you will have to lay over hear anyway, so you could just pick me up on the way.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2235 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 12-07-2021 11:38 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ga Cat, just so you know, we will be traveling in Tip’s Private jet.
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 12-07-2021 12:24 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good thing it's a jet. I have a rule about getting on those ones that have that thing that goes around and around on the nose of the plane.
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 12-08-2021 04:18 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by handycat:
Ga Cat, just so you know, we will be traveling in Tip’s Private jet.

Cool, there is an Airport in Paulding County, GA that can accomodate jets and he can avoid the air traffic of the ATL airport. It's only about 10 miles from my house. Perfect!!

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2235 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-08-2021 09:28 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sounds like we're stopping over at Gacat's house for a party and a sleepover before we go on down to Orlando! I'm in the bottom bunk!

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 12-08-2021 09:54 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's what I like, a bunch of old dreamers! [Big Grin]
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-09-2021 04:45 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If you don't have your dreams, you don't have much of anything!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-10-2021 08:15 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Should be a good game!

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-11-2021 09:16 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just saw a report on ESPN that the starting running back for Iowa was sitting out the bowl game in preparation for the NFL Draft.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-21-2021 04:19 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Our chances of winning just wet up.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-21-2021 06:29 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I keep reading that the Iowa defense is very disciplined!

--------------------

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 12-23-2021 10:06 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes, their defense is pretty good, but Michigan shredded them. Their strength all year has been take-aways. We MUST avoid turnovers against this team.

I like the way our offense was clicking the last couple of games. If we can keep that up, we should win going away.

[ 12-23-2021, 10:07 AM: Message edited by: Tiptree ]

--------------------
Tiptree

rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 12-23-2021 10:40 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think our team speed will be the difference.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 12-23-2021 11:14 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The loss of Ali and Epps in a car accident didn't help us very much.
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 12-25-2021 06:46 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Free trip to the Citrus Bowl. That's what my grandaughter is getting. Her boy friend is the older brother of Dillon Wheatley who is #39, a running back on the team. Their parents are making the trip and my grandaughter and boy friend and dillon's girl friend are all getting the trip via the Wheatleys. I guess it really is who you know.
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-27-2021 11:06 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bama, your granddaughter is going to have a great time.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com