TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Bad turn of events

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bad turn of events
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 09-15-2019 09:32 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow! Talk about some bad play in the second half. We choked when it counted. After having such a crowd support and just not playing good defense in the second half, especially in the fourth quarter, we deserved to lose. We were winning in the stats for most of the game but not sure how it ended. Waiting until the 4th quarter to run Smoke is downright stupid on the offense minds of this team. Rose will be nothing more than an average runner because he doesn't look ahead and find the best hole. Smoke is the closest thing to Bennie we have and he should be getting most of the snaps. Again we got bit by poor officiating which was shown on some of the big screen replays. Targeting is the most overrated call this year and the refs seem to get some kind of enjoyment when they call it. They sure missed the best one of the night when FL hit our runner head to head and they didn't call it. It looks like FL has as good a reserve QB as their starter. When he came in they seemed to get better. I hadn't made up my mind about this team until this game and now I'm leaning towards calling them a return to the 6-6 type team again. If we win more than 1 SEC game we may be lucky. We seem to live on the edge in every game and penalties cause our future to be a question mark.
Posts: 14151 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 09-15-2019 09:41 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's games like this that can make or break an entire season....we'll see?

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 09-15-2019 10:13 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We just played a top-10 team nearly even without our veteran QB. I like what I see in this team. We are not going to blow anybody away, but this is a team that can win every game they are in.

We will never get many breaks in the SEC from officials. That is a given. But this team seems to know that, and draw unity from it. The 4th quarter let-down was stunning, given our success last year in the 4th quarter. I am willing to call it an anomaly until I see a pattern.

We are pretty much still on track for another great year. playing at Georgia is likely a loss, but the others are all winnable.

Next week at Mississippi state will be a very, very difficult place to win. At South Carolina is also tough. If we pull out those wins, we could conceivably be 9-2. If we lose them both (thus enter a 3-game skid), we could easily end up with a losing season.

These next two games will determine everything. I look for us to go down to Starkville and prove our mettle.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13618 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 09-15-2019 11:39 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just don't have the faith from what i've seen up close after 3 games. Hope i'm wrong.
Posts: 14151 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 09-15-2019 11:58 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The QB made some very careless plays that cost them big time. He also made some very good plays and a few outstanding plays.

I believe he will improve and learn from this game. It won't be his last int, but I think he will throw it away on occasion when there is nothing there and he can't run and he will have to eliminate the "Bret Favre" plays where he just chucks it for anybody to grab.

The side arm or underhanded pass, that went right to a defender and he had to chase the guy down, was the worst play of the game.

The field goal kicker has to become accurate. No way he should have missed that FG. Had he hit it, I doubt there would have been another Florida score.

The QB had 3 turnovers. That is way too many. The fumbled snap and the side arm throw/int were killers.

Was really hoping the Chance Poore would come into his own. The staff needs to get him straightened out. His number will be called on again and he needs to produce, 45 yards and in. His extra points look like crap as well. They are very low. That perplexes me a bit. It seems that they are ripe for blocking up the middle.

Yes, Kentucky could have and should have won the game. Take away a few of the sloppy QB plays and the easy missed FG and UK wins by 10 or more. . But, I think the QB play should improve. The Kicker has to improve. They should have figured this out last season and gotten another kicker, if they couldn't get him straightened out.

FG accuracy and low trajectory on extra points worry me the most. The rest, I think will get worked out.

As for conservative play at the end of games, Kentucky no longer has Snell. They don't have the luxury to let a power back carry the load, by himself at the end of the game. I would have preferred to see more play action with more intermediate passing in the 4th quarter.

[ 09-15-2019, 12:00 PM: Message edited by: boomdaddy ]

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 09-15-2019 12:07 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I admire your optimism, Tiptree, but I don't necessarily agree with it.

On the road in the SEC is unpredictable... virtually for anybody. At home is where it counts! If you want to be relevant in the SEC... you have to be dominant at home.

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 09-16-2019 06:20 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The QB actually finished with 4 turnovers. 3 interceptions and 1 fumble!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123978 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-18-2019 05:03 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We have work to do no doubt about that but we do have some talent which helps.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com