TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Anybody at the game?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anybody at the game?
Naskats
Player
Member # 1904

posted 09-07-2019 06:18 PM      Profile for Naskats   Email Naskats   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm in section 20

--------------------
Whatever you are be a good one

Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1204 | From: Hagerstown, Indiana | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 09-08-2019 08:27 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was there at work again in section 32,33,34. WE sure wasted some opportunities. We also must have made a record number of penalties. And once again the referees made some super critical calls that hurt us. I sure didn't see some of them the way they saw it. Our QB was waving to the crowd as they took him off the field. This may be somewhat precautionary until they get him checked at the hospital. It could be something that will only stop him for a short time or possibly his college career could be over. Either way I am looking for an easy exit to the stadium next when the a lot of the crowd goes home in the 3rd quarter. If Florida has their game we are in deep water. We better learn to play by the rules or penalties will kill us next week.
Posts: 14151 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 09-08-2019 09:21 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Was a good crowd, for a lesser opponent. just noticed some of the very top seats were empty.

The game seemed to drag on. Thought the offense was very bland, except for the Bowden pass to Wilson. Maybe they will open it up more for the Florida game.

The opposing QB had a series in the 4th quarter where he threw on the money and was making plays. That drive would have scored on most teams, without pressure.

If the D can't get pressure on the QB, even Floridas spotty QB play will have a big game.

Smoke appears to be the best back. He is patient, like Snell was. Will wait a beat, before he chooses a hole. I don't get paid millions of dollars to coach D1 football, but I am not sure why Smoke isn't the starter.

Bowden dropped a ball that hit him right in the hands. If you are the star player, you can't do that. I can understand if it was high, low, ,or a bit of a reach. Right in the hands in the middle of your body. I sure hope that is the last one he drops like that.

Not sure why they had so many penalties.

Damn shame Wilson went down. I think the backup QB throws a better ball and is more accurate. He won't be as elusive as Wilson or as fast, when he takes off. He seems to release the ball quickly. Heard Stoops on the drive home, the starter gets 80% of the reps and the back ups get the other 20. So, he should look more polished by next week. He definitely was confident. Stoops doesn't appear to think that Terry will be back this year. I hope its not that serious.

Not sure how this team will fair after losing Wilson. I would imagine Florida will try and blitz and get to the QB.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Naskats
Player
Member # 1904

posted 09-08-2019 12:10 PM      Profile for Naskats   Email Naskats   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think the offense looked good, if Wilson is out it's good that we have a veteran backup, defense was typical bend don't break,the db's are going to get tested all year, our line is solid both ways, and Smoke is the better back. I hope the game goes faster next week, I got home at 4AM after standing on 75 north for an hour and a half because of a wreck. Bama you working again next week? If so I'll stop and meet you in person, it's been nice being on this board the last several years, always good to put a face with a name

--------------------
Whatever you are be a good one

Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1204 | From: Hagerstown, Indiana | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-08-2019 03:51 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This week we play Florida at home who is 2-0 beating Miami 24-20 and UT Martin 45-0.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com