TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Kavosiey Smoke lives up to his name

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kavosiey Smoke lives up to his name
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-03-2019 04:13 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Kavosiey Smoke is the type of name headline writers dream of.

"Pass the Kavosiey," "Smoke has speed to burn" and "They don’t want this Smoke" were just a few of the suggestions floating around Twitter Saturday as the Kentucky redshirt freshman running back totaled 78 yards and one touchdown on seven carries.

Combined with his cameo in the Wildcats’ 2018 blowout of rival Louisville, Smoke is now averaging 11.2 yards per carry in his career. Keep up that pace and Smoke’s profile will only grow, earning him a spot on the lists of best names in college football.

Only he prefers his name was something a little less original.

“Just say Smoke,” the Wetumpka, Alabama, native said during preseason camp. “That’s what I tell people — call me Smoke — because I don’t like it when people call my name wrong. That makes me kind of mad. People know my name, but they say it wrong still. I just like to be called Smoke.”

"Pass the Kavosiey," "Smoke has speed to burn" and "They don’t want this Smoke" were just a few of the suggestions floating around Twitter Saturday as the Kentucky redshirt freshman running back totaled 78 yards and one touchdown on seven carries.

Combined with his cameo in the Wildcats’ 2018 blowout of rival Louisville, Smoke is now averaging 11.2 yards per carry in his career. Keep up that pace and Smoke’s profile will only grow, earning him a spot on the lists of best names in college football.

“Just say Smoke,” the Wetumpka, Alabama, native said during preseason camp. “That’s what I tell people — call me Smoke — because I don’t like it when people call my name wrong. That makes me kind of mad. People know my name, but they say it wrong still. I just like to be called Smoke.”

It’s not like Smoke is exactly a common last name either, but for a running back whose breakaway speed has already plagued opposing defenses in limited action, it seems more fitting.

Smoke blazed his way to a 37-yard touchdown run in the fourth quarter of the 2018 Governor’s Cup rivalry game after Kentucky had cleared its bench to allow some of the players redshirting to take advantage of the NCAA’s new rule allowing up to four appearances without losing a year of eligibility.

That cameo was enough to excite Kentucky fans and coaches heading into an offseason in which the team would look to replace all-time leading rusher Benny Snell with a three-headed running back committee.

“That’s the nice thing about that rule change a year ago, with the four game — you got to see him in games,” Kentucky coach Mark Stoops said after one preseason scrimmage. “That’s helpful. We have high hopes for him. He looks good.”

Link

[ 09-03-2019, 04:18 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 09-04-2019 07:37 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He needs more Carrie's with that type of production.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9779 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 09-04-2019 09:48 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Rose is not a big guy that can carry the water for four quarters. Smoke will get plenty of touches and i am willing to bet that there could be several 1000 yard rushers on the team, this season.

[ 09-04-2019, 09:50 AM: Message edited by: boomdaddy ]

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 09-04-2019 04:38 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Rodriguez fumbled twice. If he can't hold on to the ball Smoke could take some of his rushes.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9779 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com