TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » This Team is HORRIBLE!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: This Team is HORRIBLE!
Cat Fan In The Mill
Player
Member # 2756

posted 09-25-2011 09:18 AM      Profile for Cat Fan In The Mill        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Regardless of how you spin things, this team is not good....they are horrible. The offensive line has been in a word "offensive" and the defense is constantly on the field due to the offense continually going 3-and-out.

Morgan Newton arrives in Lexington as a 5-star QB. He now looks more like a 2-star at best. He doesn't check down, he locks in on a single receiver when others are wide open and he holds the ball for an eternity. The WR's can't catch a damn ball and there is no deep threat. The only positives have been the kicking game and special teams.

Joker is not the answer. The program made a huge mistake not going outside of the program to look for a coach when Brooks retired. The should have brought in a guy with no ties to the program and one with history of being successful.

It is painful watching them week after week, especially in person. They will not win another game the rest of the season......including their highly touted match-up with Jacksonville State in a few weeks.

I have officially thrown my hands into the air!

--------------------
"On, On, U of K....We are right for the fight today......"

Posts: 1341 | From: Northern Kentucky | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 09-25-2011 11:33 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They truly are not much fun to watch. It does not look like there is a lot of talent on the team and that the coaching is even worse than the talent level. This is the 4th game I have seen this season and I will continue to watch when they are on tv but I find myself not really looking forward to seeing their games, even on TV.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 09-25-2011 12:53 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I will be in the hospital on Saturday recovering from surgery. I will watch the LSU-UK game from a hospital bed. Seems fitting somehow. Ha

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-25-2011 02:34 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Any team with a Kentucky on the uniform i can watch any time good or bad.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186358 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cat Fan In The Mill
Player
Member # 2756

posted 09-25-2011 06:28 PM      Profile for Cat Fan In The Mill        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
CMD, I bleed blue, I really do. I will continue to attend every home game and support the team. They are just hard to watch.

--------------------
"On, On, U of K....We are right for the fight today......"

Posts: 1341 | From: Northern Kentucky | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 09-25-2011 08:02 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good Luck Enterprise Cat - still plan on seeing you when we are in enterprise next month.

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 09-25-2011 09:25 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My opinion only- Either we have been fooled by Joker or he truly doesn't know what he has. I truly think he is getting the best players he is capable of. Which is nowhere near what is needed to win 50% of the SEC games. As I saw in the paper today, our only chance at having a winning record in conference is to be in the ACC. No way in the Big 10, Pac 12 and with the flux in the Big 12 and Big East we wouldn't even want to be there. We win 1 more game as we continue the downtrend of the past 3 years. Brooks out out of Dodge just in time or he would have been ready to be fired.
Posts: 14129 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 09-26-2011 05:32 AM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks Ed, I am looking forward to meeting you and the Mrs. as well. I was kidding folks from church that they may need to put a heart monitor on me while I'm watching the LSU game. I doubt if the Cats even score this week. It was ugly last week, but it will be even uglier this week. I think we are back to being the laughing stock of the SEC. Just like the old days. Joker is definitely not getting it done, that's for sure. I suppose his evaluation of talent (The offensive line will be our strength), (Newton at QB) is what really sticks out to me. We are just not a real talented football team. Come on basketball. Go Big Blue!

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com