TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Locke update!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Locke update!
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 06-03-2009 08:16 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It will be good to have Locke back in the lineup. He will be a big part of the offense if he is healthy..

Derrick Locke has a six-inch scar on his left knee that symbolizes surgery following a devastating knee injury he suffered last fall.

But don't tell him he's still a member of the walking wounded.

After the junior running back tore two ligaments in his left knee returning a kickoff in UK's 21-20 win over Arkansas on Oct. 18, trainers told Locke that it could be a career-ending injury. Yet a little more than seven months after he hurt the knee, Locke is expected to return to team activities in June. If that goes well, he'll be cleared for fall camp in August. Locke is taking things one step further, promising that he'll be on the field and ready to go for UK's season opener against Miami (Ohio) on Sept. 5.

"I'm not looking to redshirt; I'm not looking to miss no games," Locke said. "When Miami comes around, I expect to play. I know I'm putting a lot of pressure on myself, but I expect to be full-go and be in that backfield doing my thing. That's just my mentality, and I'm not going to change that."

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186362 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com