TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Recruiting Talk   » UK / NCAA Hoops Recruiting   » WV big man visiting Lexington

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WV big man visiting Lexington
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 06-23-2023 12:49 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here is a great chance to fill a front line need for UK. Got size, shot, defense, ball handling. What more do you need from a big forward? Hope Cal can convince him and I'' be ready to move on from recruiting to "lets play ball".

"""Originally a class of 2019 recruit, Mitchell began his career at UMass, John Calipari’s old stomping grounds. Mitchell, like Calipari, is also a Pittsburgh native.

After two standout years with the Minuteman, Mitchell transferred to Texas for the 2021-22 season, where he averaged 8.7 points, 4.0 rebounds, 0.7 blocks, and 0.7 steals across 24 games in 18.6 minutes per outing.

Mitchell then entered the portal once more and spent this past season in Morgantown, averaging 11.7 points, 5.5 rebounds, 0.6 blocks, 0.8 steals, and 1.8 assists per game while shooting 47% from the field and 36.4% from three-point range on 2.9 attempts per game.

Come on down!?"""

Posts: 14124 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 06-25-2023 11:07 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hope we can "out bid" others who want him with more NLI money. Its legal to buy players so hope we have enough squirreled away

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 06-25-2023 02:39 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As far as I know he made his visit but I haven't heard a thing. That's probably bad news because they said in the news he would probably sign while he was here. [Confused] [Confused] [Confused] [Confused]
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 06-25-2023 07:35 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They also said he probably wouldn't leave town if he signed. Has anybody seen him? [Confused]
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 06-26-2023 07:07 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Now we're talking! We finally get the big man from the transfer portal!

"""For the Kentucky Wildcats, the first two months of the offseason did not look promising.

While already having secured the No. 1 recruiting class in 2023, the staff missed out on the two players they targeted in the transfer portal - Hunter Dickinson and Keshad Johnson -, and it looked as if they wouldn’t return a single player that played 10+ minutes per game from last season.

That tune has changed in recent weeks as Kentucky has added to their freshmen class with the additions of Jordan Burks and Joey Hart, as well as returning Antonio Reeves, which may be the biggest news of the offseason.

Things continue to trend positively as West Virginia Mountaineers transfer Tre Mitchell has announced his commitment to Kentucky just days after entering the transfer portal as a graduate transfer, following the resignation of Bob Huggins.

Mitchell just wrapped up an official visit to Lexington, his only trip since entering the portal.""" [Razz]

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 06-26-2023 08:50 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dang it Bama! I was determined not to get my hopes up again about any upcoming seasons. I’m starting to waiver just a little bit.
Posts: 5379 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 06-26-2023 09:56 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's just in our blood! [Big Grin]

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com