TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » General Chat   » Mrs. GA Cat

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mrs. GA Cat
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 10-20-2022 09:43 AM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, I hope you won’t hold it against her that she is a Tennessee girl, and though she is not a big sports fan, she would be a UT fan for the most part. However, we have spent the last several weeks getting our proverbial ducks in a row and learning about the journey we are about to take. My wife has been diagnosed with an aggressive form of bilateral breast cancer. The good news is that it is stage 1 and curable. The bad news is that if it comes back, it will not be so. So we are about to embark on a journey of 4 months of chemo followed by double mastectomy to try to ensure that it is eradicated from here body. Chemo starts tomorrow. For the record, I am 55 and she is 53. We would appreciate your prayers. We are blessed with a good family and a caring and loving church, so our needs are being supplied by God’s grace through these wonderful people, but prayers are appreciated from all.

[ 10-20-2022, 09:56 AM: Message edited by: GA Cat ]

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2255 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
CatfanRick
Administrator
Member # 126

posted 10-20-2022 10:43 AM      Profile for CatfanRick   Email CatfanRick   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Count me in for the prayers GA Cat.
Posts: 7199 | From: Florence, Ky | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 10-20-2022 11:11 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Your wife, you and your entire family are in my prayers.

My best friends wife is going through treatments for stage three breast cancer now. She had a double mastectomy and is now going through aggressive chemo. It’s a tough thing for a family to go through. I’m glad you have support in these trying times.

[ 10-20-2022, 12:48 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5400 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 10-20-2022 12:09 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
GaCat,you and your wife are in my prayers. There is hope. May was a year ago that my wife was diagnosed with stage 4 bilateral breast cancer. By the Grace of God she's cancer free. She went through four months of chemo and then last December she had a complete double mastectomy followed by 18 rounds of Radiation. Two weeks ago she had her complete rebuild with implants and fat that the doctor used from her body. She gets her stitches out today the 20th of October.

I hope my wife's story will give you and your wife hope. I will be praying for the both of you daily. No one goes through this alone.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9782 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 10-20-2022 02:31 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Prayers going up!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123983 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 10-20-2022 07:39 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Chemo has come a really long way. It's amazing what they can do now to fight cancer. My wife had a double mastectomy and has been cancer free for a long time.

Prayers to you and your wife, GA Cat.

Posts: 10342 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 10-25-2022 03:49 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thank you everyone. Had her first Chemo treatment this past friday. Did very well during and after until yesterday. Yesterday and today have been a little rough. She is weak, tired, and a bit nauseous. Nothing series, just doesn't feel like doing anything at this point.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-26-2022 09:04 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
GACAT, you can take it to the bank that your wife is getting a whole of prayers.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 10-27-2022 07:26 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Missed your earlier post... this board gets swamped by the word games.

You can count on one more prayer warrior lifting up your wife and your family to the Lord.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13622 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 10-28-2022 10:34 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
From our house to yours. May the Lord keep his hands on you guys.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36270 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ol' Blue
Player
Member # 2317

posted 10-30-2022 01:40 PM      Profile for Ol' Blue   Email Ol' Blue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'll pray for her to come through this. And for you as well. Support can be very difficult in times like these.

--------------------
Number nine will be divine!!

A man needs something to believe in.........I believe I'll have another beer!

Posts: 2274 | From: Roanoke, TX | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 03-06-2023 09:56 AM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Update: My wife completed chemo about 5 weeks ago and much of the acute side effects are starting to dissipate, although she still tires easily and has some numbness in her hands and feed. She still has no hair, and her finger and toenails are pretty messed up. With all that said, next week, on March 15, she will have a double mastectomy. During surgery, they will remove some lymph nodes and do pathology work to make absolutely sure there is no cancer in the lymph nodes. If that is clear, then surgical recovery will be the only thing remaining. If they find cancer in the lymph nodes, then the future is much more uncertain.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue

rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 03-06-2023 10:20 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I pray that y'all get good news and that the cancer is completely gone.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

CatfanRick
Administrator
Member # 126

posted 03-06-2023 11:04 AM      Profile for CatfanRick   Email CatfanRick   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A very long process with no way to know the outcome until it decides to reveal itself. Keep your faith and cherish every moment, as we should all do. Prayers are continued.
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-06-2023 11:58 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Continuing prayers.
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 03-08-2023 03:18 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So this morning, my 25 year old son-in-law was killed in car accident.

If I were not a man of faith, I am not sure how I would get through all this.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 03-08-2023 04:25 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
OH, NO!!!!! Prayers going up for you and your family GA Cat!

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-08-2023 05:15 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You have had more than your share of trouble of late. My deepest sympathies. I will continue to pray for you and your entire family.

[ 03-08-2023, 05:16 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

CatfanRick
Administrator
Member # 126

posted 03-08-2023 05:36 PM      Profile for CatfanRick   Email CatfanRick   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Prayers asking for angels all around you and yours.
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-08-2023 10:22 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My deepest sympathies and prayers for you, your wife, and the rest of your family.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 03-08-2023 10:46 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Praying for you and your family.

--------------------

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-10-2023 03:54 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh my. This is a terrible burden for you to bear. Prayers, of course, are going to be offered for you and your wife and your entire family. If we, us geezers at TCD, can do anything to ease your pain, please let us know.

Two tragedies in one week. Words fail me. May the lord bless you and yours.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 03-17-2023 10:47 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Faith has carried us. My daughter has been amazing. She has mourned her loss but has done so with faith and strength.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-21-2023 03:35 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ga Cat, good to hear about your daughter, she must be VERY special.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 03-31-2023 09:11 AM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Two things!! 1) Yesterday morning, we had to go to our local hospital so Mrs. GACat could get a bone density scan. This was to establish a baseline for the future as one of the two types of cancers that Mrs. GACat had was an estrogen positive cancer which means it requires estrogen to grow. Therefore, to prevent recurrence of that cancer, Mrs. GACat will take a hormone blocker for the next five years and that hormone blocker can contribute to loss of bone density. 2) Yesterday, we had our post-surgical follow up with the medical oncologist, and I had been waiting to give an update on yesterday’s oncology appt till we got some more information. We now have that information.

So here it is:

Oncology Appt Update: We could not have gotten a better report. Based on the post-surgical pathology tests on the removed tissue, not only was there no cancer in any tissue or lymph nodes that we were not aware of, there was no cancer at all. In other words, the chemo treatments had eradicated all the cancer that had previously been found.
Last week, we had been thrown a curve ball when the surgeon’s office had insisted that we see a radiation oncologist. Just when we thought we were reaching the light at the end of this long dark tunnel, things got dark again. During the conversation with our medical oncologist, she indicated that she didn’t think that was necessary given how effectively the chemo had eradicated the cancer. She told us she would make some calls to the other doctors to compare notes and make sure nobody was missing anything and someone would call us and let us know if we needed to keep the radiation oncology appt. Well, just a bit ago, our prayers were answered. We got the call that the radiation oncology appt has been cancelled.

Now we can turn our focus from treatment to recovery and monitoring. There is always a chance of recurrence, but given how effective the chemo was on the existing tumors, it is highly unlikely that any individual cancer cells could have escaped to other locations of the body and not been eradicated by the chemo so the prognosis from this point forward is excellent. The next three to five years are important to determine if we can call this a cure. However, our medical oncologist encouraged us to move forward as though Mrs. GACat has been cured.

Of course, our family is still rocked by the loss of our son-in-law at such a young age and our daughter being left without the love of her life, but we are managing. I appreciate everyones thoughts, prayers, consideration, etc.

[ 03-31-2023, 09:12 AM: Message edited by: GA Cat ]

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 03-31-2023 09:48 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just saw your post and replies. ga cat u and ur family have our families prayers and just know God will bless you!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
CatfanRick
Administrator
Member # 126

posted 03-31-2023 01:01 PM      Profile for CatfanRick   Email CatfanRick   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin]

Puts a huge smile on my face.

[Smile]

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-31-2023 01:47 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Great news!
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-31-2023 09:45 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That is awesome news!!!!

Thanks for the update. Still praying for your family as you grapple with the loss of your son-in-law. But praying great praise for God's work in curing your wife.

--------------------
Tiptree

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 04-03-2023 05:50 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Great news! Prayers for continued recovery!

--------------------

GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 03-20-2024 01:31 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, I haven't updated this in a while.

In August of last year, about 6 months after the death of my son-in-law and one year after the Ms. GA Cat's initial cancer diagnosis, Ms. GA Cat had a cancer recurrence on the lower left of her chest wall. Since there was no breast tissue left, here staging was changed from stage 1 to stage 4. By the grace of God, it was a local recurrence and there was no lymph node involvement and no cancer was found remote from that location. Since then, she has endured another three months of chemo and is now in a rest period before she takes 33 radiation treatments likely starting in the middle of April and continuing 5 days a week for 6 and half weeks.

All in all, we are doing well and continuing to trust God for the future.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue

CatfanRick
Administrator
Member # 126

posted 03-20-2024 05:23 PM      Profile for CatfanRick   Email CatfanRick   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Prayers for Mrs. and Mr. GA Cat, and those near to you. Challenges ahead for sure, keep your faith strong, seek His guidance and cherish all.

Faith, hope and love, 1 Corinthians 13:13, is the most powerful medicine of all. They will endure all.

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 03-21-2024 05:51 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Prayers still going up for you and Ms. Ga.

--------------------

GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 04-10-2024 10:57 AM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mrs. GA Cat will start radiation therapy on April 29th.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue

CatfanRick
Administrator
Member # 126

posted 04-10-2024 11:40 AM      Profile for CatfanRick   Email CatfanRick   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Still on our prayer list. Modern medicine is fantastic but a strong faith and prayer covers all the bases.
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 04-10-2024 12:24 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Continued prayers.
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 04-11-2024 10:39 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ga_Cat, your wife and all those treating her are in my prayers. And you too, of course, her chief support and helper. She will need your strength.

--------------------
Tiptree

rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 04-16-2024 09:17 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Praying for you and your wife. I know what you are going through.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com