TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » COVID information

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: COVID information
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 01-14-2022 07:45 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Fwd: Interesting covid info

Let’s hope that they are right!

(MGH is Massachusetts General Hospital. YPO is a podcast.)

The Director of International Infectious Disease at MGH did a presentation for YPO. interesting points from his presentation:

1 Close to 100% of the positive cases are Omicron. Delta is almost completely gone generally from most states in the US.

2 This surge will peak sometime between 1/10 and 1/21 and then begin a quick downhill journey of two to four weeks.

3 We will end up with a 20-50% positivity rate.

4 February will be clean up mode, March will begin to return to "normal"

5 Omicron lives in your nose and upper respiratory area which is what makes it so contagious. It isn't able to bond with your lungs like the other variants.

6 The increased hospitalizations should be taken with a grain of salt as most of them are secondary admissions (i.e. people coming in for surgery, broken bones, etc. who are tested for COVID)

7 We won't need a booster for omicron because they wouldn't be able to develop one before it's completely gone and we're all going to get it which will give us the immunity we need to get through it.

8 COVID will join the 4 other coronaviruses we deal with that cause the common cold, upper respiratory infections, RSV, etc. It will become a pediatric disease mainly affecting young children with no immunity.

9 40% of those infected will be asymptomatic

10 Rapid tests are 50-80% sensitive to those with symptoms, only 30-60% sensitive to those without symptoms

11 Contact tracing is worthless because we're all going to get it and there's no way we could keep up with it.

12 We are fighting the last war with COVID and should be pivoting back to normal life, but society isn't quite ready for it yet.

13 There is no need to stay home from work or to be a hermit unless you're immunocompromised or 85 or older, but he does recommend staying away from large gatherings for the next six weeks.

14 Spring/Summer will be really nice!

Overall a great presentation.”

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 01-14-2022 12:43 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I recently told my children that even though I miss my patients and my medical practice (I am medically retired), I am glad I don't need to deal with this pandemic.
Posts: 845 | From: Cullman, AL, USA | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com