TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » Pompeo goes to the dark side.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pompeo goes to the dark side.
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 12-20-2020 07:00 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
How dare he and our intelligence agencies insinuate Russia was behind the recent cyber attacks! Glad our president has straightened that out. It’s pretty obvious Pompeo got his information from Biden.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-china-cyber-attack-pompeo-russia

[ 12-20-2020, 07:17 AM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5400 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 12-20-2020 12:09 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not sure what you are talking about. Everyone is saying that the cyberattacks have the typical signature of Russian hackers.

Who said otherwise?

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13622 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 12-20-2020 12:20 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As the link says,Trump.
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 12-20-2020 12:58 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When are we going to hold Russia accountable?

It seems like all we're doing is hunkering down and hoping we have all our doors locked. By the time we realize we don't it's too late and we immediately have to go into damage control.

One way or the other this sh!t has to stop!

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-20-2020 01:07 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You're not going to have to worry about Uncle Joe holding Russia accountable because he's opening up our country to all foreign lands! Welcome one and all! We're glad to share our wealth with you!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123983 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 12-20-2020 02:39 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MountainMafia:
When are we going to hold Russia accountable?

So, will the new president hold China accountable? They are far and away more dangerous than Russia.

[ 12-20-2020, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: Old Norm ]

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36270 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 12-20-2020 03:19 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
So, will the new president hold China accountable? They are far and away more dangerous than Russia.

IMO, no. I’m afraid China has something on Biden or his son.

On the other hand, I always thought Russia had something on Trump. Maybe many somethings.

Honest politicians no longer exist. Perhaps they never did.

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 12-20-2020 03:23 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm:
quote:
So, will the new president hold China accountable?
China has a lot to be held accountable for...anything specific?

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 12-20-2020 03:43 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, no matter what you think of Trump, he has access to far more information than we do.

The Chinese operate in very similar fashion to the Russians in their cyberwarfare units, so the consensus (in the private sphere, not necessarily in the US counter-cyber operations) was that is was probably the Russians, but could easily have been the Chinese.

I would lean to the Russians too, but I would in no way discount the Chinese. They have FAR more assets deployed to attack the US: Cyber attacks, political operations, news/disinformation organizations, IP theft, etc. They overtly support organizations that fracture our society -- BLM, various progressive organizations, and quite possibly, the Bidens.

The Russians do some of that too, but far, far less than the Chinese, and other than cyberwarfare, the scope of their attacks are far more limited since the fall of the Soviet Union.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 12-20-2020 04:12 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Well, no matter what you think of Trump, he has access to far more information than we do.
Yes he does. He has access to all of the intelligence agencies. From what I’ve read, they are all confident it was Russia. Something that Trump will never public admit.

This is not the first time Trump has disagreed with his intelligence agencies over Russia. Doesn’t that at least make you wonder why?

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 12-20-2020 06:39 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Handy,

I think you need to understand that there are MANY intelligence agencies, and most of them have analysts that will differ in their analysis.

A "consensus" opinion is just that... not a unanimous position. It is notoriously hard to pinpoint well-executed cyber-attacks, so one must look for "signatures", i.e., methods that one group may have used before. But, once a hack method makes it out on the dark web, everybody knows it. So, in this case, the attack seemed similar to a previous Russian effort. But it is in no way certain that it was the Russians again. But, after listening to all the many analysts, the "consensus" is that it was the Russians.

It may be. Not saying it isn't. But I AM saying that the Chinese have far more motivation and more capability to pull this off. Nothing prevents them from using techniques and methods pioneered by others.

--------------------
Tiptree

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 12-20-2020 07:54 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I tend to believe the “consensus” opinion.

What I find so frustrating is that so many Trump supporters believe every thing he says is gospel. If you doubt him on anything, you are probably a transgender gay Chinese spy who is illegally in this country about to fly a plane into the nearest Wal-Mart. Or worse yet, a stinking liberal.

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-20-2020 08:05 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't accept everything he says as gospel, as a matter of fact I'm one of those supporters that has said more than once I wished he would throttle back his social media stuff because it just gives his haters more material!

On the other hand, the biggest reason I was, and still am a Trump supporter is because I'm tired of the lifetime politicians(Like JOE BIDEN), who have lived in Washington their entire lives, did nothing for the people of this country, padded their bank accounts and passed bills like the Sunscreen bill! I mean, is that the best he could do in 100 years in office?

Trump didn't come in claiming to be a politician, as a matter of fact I still wouldn't consider him one! He's a business man who decided to allow the people live their lives and keep the government out of it!

Now we'll have an administration who wants to control us like Hitler! Yeah, the more I think of it the more I think we've elected Hitler to run our country! All I can say is 4 years from now we won't even recognize this country any longer!

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 12-21-2020 09:26 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
mh:
quote:
did nothing for the people of this country, padded their bank accounts and passed bills like the Sunscreen bill
That would be Mitch McConnell that dumped the "Sunscreen" bill into the stimulus CARE act...not Biden.

--------------------

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 12-21-2020 10:26 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What is a "sunscreen bill"? Google only revealed some laws in Florida, and something from 2014.

--------------------
Tiptree

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 12-21-2020 10:51 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's just some pork McConnell threw in the CARE act...no big deal...with over $2 Trillion to play with...I'm sure there is plenty of pork to go around for everybody.

Link

[ 12-21-2020, 10:52 AM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 12-21-2020 03:54 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Funny how you spotlighted what looks to be a miniscule slice o' pork. Consider this snippet from a Forbes article back in March. Keep in mind that this bill passed the senate 96-0. There is certainly some real relief in that bill, but wow! Talk about a truly sickening display of pork! My comments are in bold.

quote:
Our auditors dug deeply into McConnell’s Senate bill and compared it to Pelosi’s House bill. While half the nation was “sheltered in place,” here’s what lawmakers — in both parties — considered “essential spending” for coronavirus recovery:

$75 million in the Senate bill funded the Corporation For Public Broadcasting. Why do National Public Radio and Big Bird get a coronavirus subsidy? The Pelosi bill allocated $300 million. Clearly a compromise, as with other items down the list. Only on two items did the senate bill increase the amount that Nancy's bill asked for. Politics is all about compromise, but the democrats sure love to put the screws to the American people. "Never let a crisis go to waste" [Roll Eyes]

$25 million in the Senate bill went to the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, D.C. During the past ten years, the center received $68.3 million in federal grants (2010-2019). The Kennedy Center has total assets of $557 million. The Pelosi bill earmarked $35 million. While reduced, this one should have been eliminated IMO

$1.2 billion in the Pelosi bill to require airlines to purchase expensive “renewable” jet fuel. It was $200 million per year in grants (2021-2026) to “develop, transport, and store sustainable aviation fuels that would reduce U.S. greenhouse gas emissions.” The Senate bill eliminated this provision. Thank God. What a bunch of BS!

People of goodwill can debate each of these goals, but is it truly emergency spending? For example, what is the public purpose for the Smithsonian Institution receiving an additional $7.5 million in this time of crisis? Both bills provided these funds.

While governors begged for vital medical supplies, the spending packages each contained massive increases even in obscure, small agencies.

$1.1 billion in the Pelosi bill would have more than doubled the budgets of The Institute of Museum and Library Services and the National Endowment of the Arts and the Humanities. The Senate bill provided funding of $200 million. Reduced this ridiculous rancid pork by over 80%

$500 million in the Pelosi bill to The Institute of Museum and Library Services (FY2019 budget: $230 million). This agency is so small that it doesn’t even employ an inspector general. The Senate bill provided $50 million. Another totally unrelated attempt to squeeze taxpayers for a favorite democrat cause, slashed 90%

$600 million in the Pelosi bill to National Endowment of the Arts and the Humanities (FY2019 budget: $253 million) – In 2017, our study showed eighty-percent of all non-profit grant-making flowed to well-heeled organizations with over $1 million in assets. The Senate bill provided $150 million. Wish this one could be totally eliminated; a 75% cut isn't enough. Just to remind everyone, this is the organization that sponsored and displayed "Christ in Piss"

The Senate stripped many projects from Pelosi’s bill: a $25 billion bailout of the Post Office; requiring federal agencies to use minority banks; and expanded collective bargaining rights for federal employees.Whew! Way to go McConnel!

However, even the Senate bill significantly strengthened private-sector unionizing. If a business takes a coronavirus stabilization loan, then it must “remain neutral in any union organizing effort for the term of the loan.”

A quick spotlight on agencies receiving coronavirus recovery in the Senate bill includes:

$88 million to the Peace Corps for “evacuating volunteers and U.S. direct hires from overseas.” The agency just fired all of their 7,300 volunteers working in 61 countries on March 15. The Pelosi bill allocated $90 million. This is the one of two requests that emerged with a slight increase in funding over what Pelosi requested. And it is the only one that makes sense. The Peace Corps is shut down because of the Corona Virus, and it is incumbent upon us to get those volunteers home

$250 million to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). The subsidy would cover “taxpayer services,” “enforcement,” and “operations support.” The Pelosi bill provided $602 million. Another big haircut, but what on earth does the IRS need money for????

$350 million to the State Department for “migration and Refugee Assistance.” This funding would help minimize the virus spread among vulnerable populations. The Pelosi bill earmarked $300 million. Another one with a Republican boost, and again, one with a genuine COVID-related humanitarian aim.

$400 million to the federal Election Assistance Commission to assist the states with “election security grants.” The Pelosi bill provided $4 billion.I'll bet Trump wished this one had been fully funded. [Eek!]

$30.8 billion to the Department of Education for “state Fiscal Stabilization Fund” that provides grants to support elementary and secondary education ($13.5 billion), Higher Ed ($14.25 billion), and State flexibility grants ($3 billion). The Pelosi bill asked for $50 billion.

We reached out to Leader McConnell and Speaker Pelosi for comment.

--------------------
Tiptree

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 12-21-2020 04:33 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tip:
quote:
Funny how you spotlighted what looks to be a miniscule slice o' pork.
I didn't spotlight anything...YOU ask about it...I told you what I knew.

--------------------

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 12-21-2020 05:01 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sorry, I see it was MH who brought it up. Must have been news in Kentucky, because it seems to have slipped under the radar for the rest of the nation.

But, back to the original thread. Let me post a snippet of an article that quotes the DNI (Director of National Intelligence, who coordinates all of the various intel agencies):

quote:
Earlier this year, Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe said that the biggest threat to election security in the United States is the CCP.

“China poses a greater national security threat to the U.S. than any other nation—economically, militarily, and technologically. That includes threats of election influence and interference,” Ratcliffe said.

He said Beijing was concerned that Trump would win reelection, adding that the intelligence community has briefed “hundreds of members of Congress” to raise their concerns about China “and its increased efforts to impact the U.S. policy climate in its favor.”

Ratcliffe told CBS earlier this month that there was foreign election interference by China, Iran, and Russia in the 2020 election.

So, please, don't just dismiss Trump's comments out of hand. China is BY FAR our biggest threat. Russia is capable, but not so motivated as China. Iran is motivated, but not so capable. China is both highly motivated and extremely capable.

--------------------
Tiptree

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-21-2020 05:54 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Which senator sponsored that bill? It shows up in Bidens background!

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-21-2020 05:57 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
$180 Billion is going to stimulus checks the other 720 is going to stimulate New York city issues and California issues! More Democratic bail out! Surprise, surprise!

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com