TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » Trump had to threaten to sue the fake media. What the hell?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Trump had to threaten to sue the fake media. What the hell?
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 08-28-2019 05:04 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
link

The BS that passes as news channels!

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 08-28-2019 10:53 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There is no media anymore. Everything is just people's opinions and lies. I honestly think the internet is the worst thing to ever happen to this world.
Posts: 10324 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 08-29-2019 06:14 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree with you entirely, PC!!

Had a co-worker that their own life over some stuff that their spouse posted on the net!

People seem to thrive off other peoples drama!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123969 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 08-29-2019 01:23 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
On my life, I have never heard of Lawrence O'Donnell before.

Nonetheless, the guy is a fool. He's an anchor on MSNBC (according to the link), a far left "news" organization with a national viewership, and he's so desperate for a "breaking "news" story (or so damn stupid...I think both) as to make derogatory comments about the POTUS without any proof whatsoever. Reckless and unprofessional, at the very least.

On the other hand, using every "error in judgement" the "mainstream media" makes as validation for rampant "fake news" is just as reckless, and far more dangerous. It is placing a standard on our 1st amendment rights that it can not possible meet...perfection.

[ 08-29-2019, 01:31 PM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 08-29-2019 06:17 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes, it is all fake news. It should be against the law to act as if propaganda is actually news, and carry jail time and penalties like being forced to shut down for a period of time.

Anyone who believes in free speech will say: Boom, you believe in censorship. No, I dont . I believe that any organization that claims to report the news, should report the news, the facts, and only the facts without editorualizing or slanting the story to fit a certain narative. That is censorship, some may claim. No, it is not. All the entities that claim to be reporters of the news just need to label their propaganda stories as editorials. But, entities like NPR, should not have an editorial viewpoint and should not show any political leaning, whatsoever. Should entities like NPR stop taking tax payer funding, they should be allowed to do editorial propaganda as well.

I have said it before and I will repeat my point. There are no public, unbiased news sources. It is a damn shame.

Yes, I agree with President Trump, it is all fake news. He likes Fox news most of the time, because they have a conservative slant, most of the time. They do give air time to liberal views on occasion, but they are more a news station than any ofbthe rest are. I do feel that CNN is the worst, but none of them report the news. They all have to massage and slant the stories.

We hear that Trump is against freedom of the press. What we need in this country is Freedom from a lying Press.

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 08-29-2019 07:12 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I choose not to allow a narcissistic-serial liar to convince me that it's everybody else that's lying.

I refuse to accept the brainless notion that "the things you are hearing, and the things you are seeing, is not what's happening".

If you want to believe that Trump is "the chosen one" and he alone can, and has, made your world better, then I'm all in for you, my brother...I'm just not quite there yet.

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 08-30-2019 08:50 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MountainMafia:
I choose not to allow a narcissistic-serial liar to convince me that it's everybody else that's lying.

I refuse to accept the brainless notion that "the things you are hearing, and the things you are seeing, is not what's happening".

If you want to believe that Trump is "the chosen one" and he alone can, and has, made your world better, then I'm all in for you, my brother...I'm just not quite there yet.

I'm not a narcissist. I rarely lie, and when I do, it is to prevent hurting other people's feelings, like telling them that their lasagna is good, when in reality it has no flavor.

Just because you don't believe that there is no actual news organizations out there that don't put their own spin on things, that is fine. You can live in denial all you want, especially if it makes you feel safer that you are being told the truth.

If anyone out here can find a real news organization, pleas turn me on to them. I would like to see it for myself and would happily start following or watching them. Somebody mentioned BBC,awhile back. That was a swing and a miss. No, they are not impartial.

I feel like Lot in Sodom and Gomorrah, trying to find any righteous souls. That is how I feel, trying to find an unbiased news source.

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 08-30-2019 02:15 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
boom:
quote:
I'm not a narcissist. I rarely lie
I wasn't referring to you, boom, if that is what you are suggesting.

quote:
Just because you don't believe that there is no actual news organizations out there that don't put their own spin on things, that is fine.
I've never said that. Of course there is bias, there always has been and always will be....we're talking about human beings. You're conflating bias with fake or lies...they're not the same.

quote:
You can live in denial all you want, especially if it makes you feel safer that you are being told the truth.

The pot calling the kettle black.

Screaming "fake news" at everything you don't agree with is classic denial at it's finest. It's almost never supported with facts...because, well, there aren't any.

I really like my 1st amendment rights...I'm not surrendering them to Trump or anybody else...I want to know what those crooked SOBs that are elected to look after my well being are up to...give me the information from all the angles, I don't mind burdening my brain long enough to figure out fact from fiction.

[ 08-30-2019, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 08-30-2019 03:33 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MountainMafia:
boom:
quote:
I'm not a narcissist. I rarely lie
I wasn't referring to you, boom, if that is what you are suggesting.

quote:
Just because you don't believe that there is no actual news organizations out there that don't put their own spin on things, that is fine.
I've never said that. Of course there is bias, there always has been and always will be....we're talking about human beings. You're conflating bias with fake or lies...they're not the same.

quote:
You can live in denial all you want, especially if it makes you feel safer that you are being told the truth.

The pot calling the kettle black.

Screaming "fake news" at everything you don't agree with is classic denial at it's finest. It's almost never supported with facts...because, well, there aren't any.

I really like my 1st amendment rights...I'm not surrendering them to Trump or anybody else...I want to know what those crooked SOBs that are elected to look after my well being are up to...give me the information from all the angles, I don't mind burdening my brain long enough to figure out fact from fiction.

Once again, you can't step back and see the big picture of things. How am I not surprised?

I am all for free speech. I am against deception and propaganda under the guise of "News"

Being honest is what reporting the news is supposed to be about.

You state that you don't mind sifting through everything and figuring out what is fact and what is fiction. That is why newspapers had an editorial page in the first place. It was the place for opinion and facts didn't matter.

The so called "News" organizations have made all of their news into editorials, where facts don't matter, and you seem to think it is protected under free speech. In actuality, it is a concerted effort to misinform the public.

With the internet age, false stories do not get prosecuted as slander. It is a race to see who can spread a rumor the fastest,regardless if it is verifiable as factual or not. Couple that with the slanted reporting, and the public does not get the news from any credible source.

Not sure if you, MM, are old enough to have seen Walter Cronkite report the "News". When he signed off by saying: "That's the way it was" , by damn, the American public didn't worry about having smoke blown up its collective back side.

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 08-30-2019 03:38 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I can't go on, Boom....sorry.

--------------------

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 08-30-2019 04:21 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
right on boom

For the youngsters out there, once upon a time, CNN was pretty much down the middle. The fledgling network covered news — real news, not fake news — and worked hard to be on site wherever news was happening. When something happened, that was the place to go.
But those days are long gone. Watch any 10 minutes of CNN, and now you’ll see nothing more than a nonstop — and often vicious — diatribe against President Trump.
Under the lead of former NBC head Jeff Zucker, CNN has become a far-left network that harangues the right and praises the left, almost nonstop. “News” is secondary. Now it’s all about pushing an agenda and toeing the line for the liberal overlords.
Case in point: Harvard released a study last week that analyzed The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post and the main newscasts on CBS, CNN, Fox and NBC during Mr. Trump’s first 100 days. No shocker here: 80 percent was negative, just 20 percent positive.
That’s a big change from the past. When the Chosen One, Barack Obama, completed his first 100 days, a similar study found that coverage was 59 percent positive, 41 percent negative. Skewed, but not that bad. The numbers were flipped for George W. Bush, of course: 57 percent negative, 43 percent positive. For Bill Clinton, way back in 1993, in the days when news was news (which means reporters were hard on the president regardless of his political affiliation), the coverage was 60 percent negative, 40 percent positive.

“The Harvard team found that CBS coverage was 91 percent negative and 9 percent positive. New York Times coverage was 87 percent negative and 13 percent positive,” Byron York wrote in the Washington Examiner. “Washington Post coverage was 83 percent negative and 17 percent positive. Wall Street Journal coverage was 70 percent negative and 30 percent positive. And Fox News coverage also leaned to the negative, but only slightly: 52 percent negative to 48 percent positive.”
Huh. So Fox really is “fair and balanced.”
And CNN? The Harvard researchers found CNN’s Trump coverage was 93 percent negative, 7 percent positive. “Trump’s coverage during his first 100 days set a new standard for negativity,” wrote the authors of the Harvard study.
Want proof? The Media Research Center did an exhaustive study on just how biased CNN has become, according to a report covering 20 hours, from 4 a.m. May 12 until midnight.
“After excluding commercials, teases and promos, our analysts found 13 hours, 27 minutes of actual news coverage, an average of just over 40 minutes per hour. Of that, a whopping 92 percent (12 hours, 19 minutes) was devoted to the Trump presidency, with a mere 68 minutes — a little more than three minutes per hour — devoted to all of the other news of the day.
With a few respites for Mr. Trump’s then-upcoming Middle East trip and an upcoming “Saturday Night Live” episode, “CNN used that time to endlessly analyze the President’s firing of FBI Director James Comey, then a three-day-old story,” MRC reported.
“Much of that airtime consisted of interviews and panel discussions giving their assessment of Trump. MRC tallied 123 appearances by guests or panelists over the course of the day. Many of CNN’s analysts showed up in multiple newscasts, each of which would count as a separate appearance,” MRC wrote.
According to MRC, most of CNN’s guests that day (96, or 78 percent of the total) were Trump critics, with just seven guests being pro-Trump and 13 guests ruled “neutral” by MRC.
CNN’s own “journalists” were even worse.
“Looking just at CNN’s own on-air talent, the results were even more tilted, with 69 appearances by anti-Trump analysts, vs. just two for pro-Trump analysts,” MRC wrote.
“The imbalance in guests was amplified by the frequent editorializing of CNN’s own hosts and anchors. During the 7 a.m. hour of “New Day,” host Chris Cuomo referred to clips of White House officials struggling to explain the decision to fire Comey as “the mendacity montage, because it’s just filled with lies.” Opening his noonhour “Inside Politics,” CNN host John King hyped that the “initial White House account of how and why Comey was fired lies in shambles, reduced to a heap of falsehoods,” MRC wrote.
So it’s no surprise that last week, famed “journalist” Anderson Cooper said to political commentator Jeffrey Lord, who was defending Mr. Trump: “If he took a dump on his desk, you would defend it.”
Yes, that’s journalism today, kids. And it’s going to get so much worse. That you can count on.
• Joseph Curl has covered politics for 25 years, including 12 years as White House correspondent at The Washington Times. He can be reached at josephcurl@gmail.com and on Twitter via @josephcurl.

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
T

[ 08-30-2019, 04:29 PM: Message edited by: ukcatfannfl ]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 08-31-2019 08:07 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
IMO, all cable news networks are “entertainment “ shows rather than news programs.

I almost exclusively watch FOX because I find them more entertaining and most of the time their slant of the “news” is closer to my political bias.

[ 08-31-2019, 08:08 AM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5379 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 08-31-2019 09:35 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Maybe for you Handy but for a LOT of people CNN "reports" the news as if it is true! That is the problem with today's news mostly all should be for entertainment purposes however for a lot of people it is the news today and therefore gospel!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com