TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Need help...just ask   » Been Gone A Long Time

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Been Gone A Long Time
FlaCatz
Player
Member # 925

posted 03-25-2024 10:07 AM      Profile for FlaCatz   Email FlaCatz   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have been away from TCD for a few years.. Personal issues, family drama, and medical issues had tied me up.
I do hate to ask, but I have not seen Old Norm posts since I got back in. I had been on a few fishing trips with Norm several years ago and was just wondering, hopefully that he is ok…. You can respond in private if you like, I was just thinking about him this weekend while visiting with my mom… my email is flacatz@aol.com
I hope and pray everyone is doing well!

--------------------
Pray for our Service Members and their families left behind!

Posts: 8880 | From: Lawrenceburg, Indiana | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
CatfanRick
Administrator
Member # 126

posted 03-25-2024 10:36 AM      Profile for CatfanRick   Email CatfanRick   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Rick, I've asked that question in the mods forum, also including catmandoo and ukfannfla. No response from the other guys yet. I sent those 3 emails about a week ago too, no reply from them either. I am also concerned for the 3 of them.

Some of the folks here keep in touch on the facebook. I'm not to big in to that myself but I am hoping someone will tell us something.

It has been on my mind to make a day trip to Dawson Springs and check on Norm if it comes to that. He has family scattered about though so that may be an empty trip.

I hear anything I'll share it.

Posts: 7191 | From: Florence, Ky | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
CatfanRick
Administrator
Member # 126

posted 03-25-2024 10:37 AM      Profile for CatfanRick   Email CatfanRick   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
By the way, good to see you around. Don't be such a stranger. [Big Grin]
FlaCatz
Player
Member # 925

posted 03-25-2024 09:50 PM      Profile for FlaCatz   Email FlaCatz   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thank You for the response….Iowa’s going back through some of the posts and last I saw was that he had fallen 2 times back in 2019….

--------------------

FlaCatz
Player
Member # 925

posted 03-25-2024 10:02 PM      Profile for FlaCatz   Email FlaCatz   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thank You for the response….Iowa’s going back through some of the posts and last I saw was that he had fallen 2 times back in 2019….

--------------------

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-03-2024 08:38 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He has still been here in the past year with some posts. However I have been wondering where he is since Duke was knocked out. He would always post something when Duke lost. I want to check something else and will be back.
Posts: 14137 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-03-2024 08:55 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I thought I could find Norm's last name on here somewhere but no luck. Can anyone give me his last name. I know he was in the military and I was wondering if it was the navy?
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-03-2024 09:12 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hope this is not Norm but some of this sounds familiar. Someone more familiar with him tell me I'm wrong. Here is what I found.

William Norman Laffoon, age 90 passed on March 26, 2024. He was born June 28, 1933. The funeral was on this past Saturday, 30 March.

This man had also been in the Navy. He was from Dawson Springs.

I hope someone can tell me this was definitely not Norm. Hope you guys who knew him more personally can either verify this info or shoot it down.

CatfanRick
Administrator
Member # 126

posted 04-03-2024 11:31 PM      Profile for CatfanRick   Email CatfanRick   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's not Norm.
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 04-08-2024 11:06 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am fine. Older than dirt, but fine, none then less. I.ll be 89 on the 26th of this months. I'm in reasonably good shape, with nothing life threatening so far!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36269 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 04-08-2024 11:14 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lots of typos in that post, but the essence is, I'm okay.

[ 04-08-2024, 11:25 PM: Message edited by: Old Norm ]

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 04-08-2024 11:17 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And my last name is Thomas, in case you are watching the obits for me!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com