TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » That didn’t take long - Trent Noah

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: That didn’t take long - Trent Noah
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 05-08-2024 06:40 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
https://247sports.com/college/kentucky/article/trent-noah-kentucky-wildcats-basketball--231512945/

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2271 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 05-08-2024 09:14 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If we can defend just a little, we will be scary good. Because there is no doubt in my mind that we will score a lot of points.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9823 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 05-08-2024 09:40 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If you think about it this year will probably be better than the 2nd year under Pope. He has a lot of experienced guys this year but the ones with experience will be here for just one year. Right now the 2nd year he has 3 fre4shmen coming back and possibly Garrison and Oweh. After that it will be determined by who he gets to fill the remaining 3 slots this year. So he could possibly have 6 kids returning. We'll have to wait 5to see who fills the remaining spots.
Posts: 14203 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
FairfieldCat
Player
Member # 2897

posted 05-08-2024 11:48 PM      Profile for FairfieldCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
People come back?
Posts: 315 | From: Cincinnati | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 05-09-2024 12:37 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah, I forgot. Who knows if the freshmen will return next year. They may want to leave for the transfer portal also.
Posts: 14203 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 05-09-2024 07:59 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Next year will be the same as this year - grab some guys from the portal.
Posts: 10350 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 05-09-2024 10:46 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PaulCat:
Next year will be the same as this year - grab some guys from the portal.

PC,

Agree that is how college basketball will continue to operate.

As the pay for play continues I could see where schools cut back scholarship players to 7 or 8, down from 13. That way you have less kids to pay and generally they all are going to hit the portal anyway the following year or have no more eligibility and you recruit a new batch for the next year.

The years of keeping a kid for all 4 years is over in my opinion, you will be lucky to keep them for 3, and only have a few that stay for 2.

It will basically be one and done for all teams in a way. So the coaches who can recruit the best talent and assemble and get that talent to mesh will be the most successful.

I think you will continue to see smaller crowds at college games. The NBA rosters keep players longer than colleges do now. Somehow the colleges have to figure out how to get contracts in place in my opinion.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11581 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 05-10-2024 07:31 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Major collegiate athletics, basketball in particular, is a mess. Period.
Posts: 5418 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 05-10-2024 08:59 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When Pope was discussing his thoughts on hiring staff, the ONE position he focused upon was someone to take the lead in handling NIL and the portal.

I could see a future where recruiting freshmen will take a back seat to pulling "known" talent from the portal. But that is a VERY different thing -- the timeline is very compressed, for one thing.

I think Trey is right. Colleges will have to take the lead in introducing some sort of contract system to prevent total chaos. I also think that some sort of "Pay for play" salary scale that is applied either at the conference or the NCAA level is going to be necessary to prevent booster money from totally destroying the sport.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13631 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com