TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » List

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: List
WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 04-19-2024 12:50 PM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
TJ Bamba - Nova 36% From 3
Koby Brea - Dayton 49% From 3
Otega Oweh - Oklahoma 37% From 3
Andrej Stojakovic - Stanford Great slasher could be a better shooter than % show
Amari Williams - Drexel Big Man
Aly Khalifa - BYU Big Man
Javon Small - OK ST 37% from 3 Slasher
Jeremy Roach - Duke Can do it all 42% From 3
Cade Tyson - Belmont 46% From 3
Great Osobor - Utah St Big Man
David Coit - Northern Illinois 5'10" ball of lightning 20 Ppg
Brendan Hausen - Nova 38% From 3
Baba Miller - FSU Big Man
Andrew Carr - Wake 37% From 3
Aidan Mahaney - St Marys 35% From 3
Brandon Garrison - OK ST Big Man
Pop Isaacs - Tex Tech Slasher
Jonas Aidoo - UT Big Man

Im seeing a trend the overwhelming majority of Coach Pope's list are shooters. The rest are big Men Bruisers and Im sure they can pass if he wants them to function in the Zoom Action.

Only outliers were a couple slashers. Most dont count Andrej Stojakovic (Peja's son) as a slasher even though thats what his numbers show. He as asked to create a lot of his own offense at Stanford. Im sure he can shoot.

[ 04-19-2024, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: WHO?UK ]

--------------------
RLTW!

Posts: 845 | From: Savannah Ga | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 04-19-2024 01:48 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Aly Khalifa has committed to Louisville.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2259 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 04-19-2024 02:24 PM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GA Cat:
Aly Khalifa has committed to Louisville.

Tracking. This is just the list Coach Pope has. Ive also read that apparently 6 of the 12 slots on his roster are already filled. It will be interesting to see what we get. I just like the stark contrast of players compared to Coach Cal's rosters.

--------------------
RLTW!

GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 04-19-2024 03:11 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yea, me too. I have being doing a lot of research on "Zoom" action so I know what I am looking at when we get to actually watch them play. Interesting. I didn't realize how popular that type of offense really is.

I am just glad we won't see that senseless weave at the top of the key and am looking forward to guys actually setting picks instead of going through the motions.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2259 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 04-19-2024 04:37 PM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GA Cat:
Yea, me too. I have being doing a lot of research on "Zoom" action so I know what I am looking at when we get to actually watch them play. Interesting. I didn't realize how popular that type of offense really is.

I am just glad we won't see that senseless weave at the top of the key and am looking forward to guys actually setting picks instead of going through the motions.

Amen to that. I didn’t know about it either. We were probably blinded by the dumb weave. I’m fairly confident that I never saw that weave produce a single layup.

Video game offense on YouTube does a great break down of Coach Popes offense. I’m excited for it and it looks like his recruiting priorities will give him a team to do exactly that.

--------------------
RLTW!

ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 04-19-2024 05:57 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I can't wait to see an actual offense and heck yeah, picks actually used. I got so tired of the ghost screen all the time. It will be better basketball to watch, even if the results aren't what we want in regards to wins. I'm also excited to see what defenses we do. I'm just excited to see some coaching. I hope he can get enough players in to make us competitive next year and maybe win a first round game in the NCAA tournament.
Posts: 5440 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-19-2024 10:29 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have no idea what this Zoom is. It's got to be better than the circle. By the way, I don't believe we have lost Thiero for sure. If he doesn't like his offers he still can return to UK. I believe we have another 1 or 2 guys that could return also.
Posts: 14167 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 04-20-2024 10:14 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bama, you should google "Zoom action" and watch how it works. It really is a delight to watch it, and it is effective. The only effective defense seems to be to either sag off the screen to prevent the curl, thus giving up a three, or fight through and get burned by the curl or an easy back-door pass to a cutter.

ProBlue posted this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yatw8jGCJs&t=201s

I think it is a fantastic evolution of the motion offense, designed for the three-point era.

[ 04-20-2024, 10:16 AM: Message edited by: Tiptree ]

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 04-20-2024 12:21 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tip, isn't that the offense Alabama runs?

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9793 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 04-21-2024 09:21 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think Bama runs either a 4-out or a 5-out offense, focusing on spacing, to facilitate drives to the basket.

The Zoom Action looks similar because it also focuses on spacing, often with 4 or 5 men out.
But it is designed more for getting open 3-point shots, with the alternative of finding the open man curling to the basket.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-21-2024 09:43 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
OK! I like it! Man that is a fast way to play BB. I hope we get the guys needed to run like BYU did last year. If we had played that way this year no telling how far we could have went. Compared to Cal's circle weave it would have eat it up. If he trys that crap again this year his time at Ark could be very short.
Posts: 14167 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com