TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » I have to admit.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I have to admit.
WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 04-18-2024 05:45 AM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was wrong.

I was a Cal guy to the end. When Dad left in the middle of the night to get milk, I was devastated. I truly believed he could bring us at least two more banners. However, when he left so did my blinders. 50 nba players and 35 1st round draft picks only gave us 1 title and 4 final fours. In comparison and with only 42 NBA players, Coach K AKA Rat Face won 5. No way around it Cal is just not a good coach. He is a great consumer of talent and that’s it.

Ultimately I was more disconnected from the team than I realized. I was 11 when Pope brought us the 96 championship as a captain. Derek Anderson was my favorite player. I could tell you every stat of every player, that was my childhood team. Every 11-12 year old has at least one and I’m grateful they were mine.

When my real Dad (Coach Pope) walked back through those doors was instantly reminded of the good times. With him back in my life I know things will be the way they were when I was 11. I’ll look forward to discussing the zoom action in the front yard. I can’t wait to talk multiple defensive schemes at the dinner table. Lastly it will be a breath of fresh air to get to know our Cats for more than a few months.

All I can say now is I’m sorry it took me so long. I blame the slick oil salesman who whooed me for far to long. He was not a good Dad.

All jokes but I’m dead serious! Let’s go Pope!

[ 04-18-2024, 05:53 AM: Message edited by: WHO?UK ]

--------------------
RLTW!

Posts: 841 | From: Savannah Ga | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 04-18-2024 05:51 AM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

[ 04-18-2024, 05:52 AM: Message edited by: WHO?UK ]

--------------------
RLTW!

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 04-18-2024 07:43 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That weren't yo daddy, son.

That was the mail man, deliverin' players to the NBA.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13624 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 04-19-2024 09:23 AM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tiptree:
That weren't yo daddy, son.

That was the mail man, deliverin' players to the NBA.

Exactly! hahahahaha

--------------------
RLTW!

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com