TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Gone, gone gone

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gone, gone gone
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-08-2024 06:23 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We all know now that Cal is gone. But who on the roster and recruit list will end up at UK. And who will come from the transfer list?

Dillingham is currently testing the NBA waters.
Thierro is in the Transfer portal
Edwards I believe is testing the NBA waters
Bradshaw is said to be testing the transfer portal
Hart is testing the transfer portal

That only leaves Ivisik, Ugo, Wagner Sheppard and Burks to make a decision.

What we do need is a new coach quickly who can salvage those we still have on board, or we could end up losing more players.

Karter Knox has been said to follow Cal
Not sure of the other 5 recruits.

If the remaining 10 were to return we would have 3 spots open from the portal to fill in our needs. Unless we lose more of the current recruits we won't be close to a rebuilding year.

[ 04-08-2024, 06:24 PM: Message edited by: Bama Cat ]

Posts: 14140 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 04-08-2024 06:31 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The roster is going to be depleted really bad. Remember when Cal left Memphis to come to UK. I think we are going to experience what Memphis did that year. And I am sure Cal will do everything he can to take everything away from this program, just out of spite. I'm sure he would love nothing more than to see us be horrible next year. I think our team next year will have to be made up of almost all portal guys, like LSU this year and last.
Posts: 5431 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
CatfanRick
Administrator
Member # 126

posted 04-08-2024 06:39 PM      Profile for CatfanRick   Email CatfanRick   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Horrible is a relative state ukman. I define horrible as the last 5 years. Plenty of volume but no music. I can live with players who want to play for UK, not an NBA farm team. That, to me, was horrible.
Posts: 7192 | From: Florence, Ky | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 04-08-2024 06:54 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree. I am fine losing some games as long as I see guys that are playing their hearts out for each other, and I see a coach who cares about winning in college and making his players the best they can be as a team. I had a really hard time enjoying some games the last 5 years. I will say, I did really like this years team. I felt they really enjoyed playing together and they played hard overall. Defense was terrible, but alot of that was also on the coach not bringing out the best in them, or using different schemes to help them do better.
Posts: 5431 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 04-09-2024 08:54 AM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bama,

If I had to guess UK will have no current scholarship players stay and all recruits will land elsewhere as well.

Maybe the kid from Lyon county stays, but I bet he ends up at Alabama.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11562 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 04-09-2024 09:53 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree with you Trey. Very few impact current players left and probably only one or two commits for next year end up at UK. A lot of those will end up being hogs. I believe Travis Perry from Lyon County will probably hold to his commitment. Both parents UK graduates. He can be an impact player in two or three years. I have hopes (very unlikely) that Reed will stick around next year only because of close ties to UK. Again, unlikely. Probably a lottery pick and gone.

We got what many of us wanted and, IMO, we need to prepare for a couple of lean years.

I realize that could change with a big name coach coming to UK. I’m not getting my hopes up about that.

[ 04-09-2024, 10:19 AM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5391 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-09-2024 01:21 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
For the time being there are a lot of BB Nation that is a lot happier than they have been for about 5 years. This situation will float around until the new coach is signed. That's when a lot of people will have different feelings for the program. Pick a coach and part of BBN will be happy but some will not. That's how it goes whether you pick Billy Donovan or Bruce Pearl. Some will be happy with one and unhappy with the other, and visa versa.

When you get right down to it Pearl would be the person who would fit the job as well as anuone, but his past turns him off no matter what for some of BBN.

Those who know the BBN and UK like Donovan, Pope, Pitino and Hamilton would possibly be liked better by the BBN.

And then there's the pie in the sky picks like all the young guys who are doing well at UConn, Baylor, Alabama, etc who most likely are too young to realize what a future at UK would be like. There current situations are what they see now and all is well for them. They show no emphasis on the future and what possibilities they may turn down without a second thought.

We just have to wait and see who Mitch convinces to switch to UK. Once that is done we will see who decides to stay with the new coach and who has plans elsewhere. The new coach and his recruiting ability will determine what kind of a roster UK will have next year.

We could retain some of the current players and also hang onto some of the recruits. That would be the best thing to happen so we have 5 or 6 guys still here next year with the new coach able to bring in about half the roster. I could see us still flirting with the top 25 if all goes well.

[ 04-09-2024, 01:25 PM: Message edited by: Bama Cat ]

Posts: 14140 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 04-09-2024 04:37 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Maybe Billy Donovan will bring all his current Chicago Bulls players and have them enroll at UK.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13604 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
viperz
Player
Member # 289

posted 04-10-2024 10:25 AM      Profile for viperz     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tiptree:
Maybe Billy Donovan will bring all his current Chicago Bulls players and have them enroll at UK.

[Big Grin]

They identify as college students!
Posts: 4622 | From: Tampa, Florida | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com