TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Disappointed in Cal’s decision.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Disappointed in Cal’s decision.
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 04-08-2024 10:14 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not so much as him leaving but him leaving and going to another SEC team. I was hoping for retirement or the NBA. I believe he will give us numerous losses over the next few years. At least it wasn’t Looservile.

[ 04-08-2024, 10:26 AM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5383 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 04-08-2024 10:27 AM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by handycat:
Not so much as him leaving but him leaving and going to another SEC team. I was hoping for retirement. I believe he will give us numerous losses over the next few years. At least it wasn’t Looservile.

UK fans are really going to mad when he delivers a couple of NCAA championships during that 5 year contract.

College basketball is about to get "younger" after next year when the COVID year expires......No more 5 year, 6 year, and even 7th year players will be in the game.

UK was close this year IMO if not for a no name player taking terrible shots with terrible form hitting 10 threes.

I watched the Purdue/NC State game and was like UK would have beaten either of those teams by double digits.

BTW - I watched Golke in the 3 Point competition and he got last. Jay Williams even commented how awful his form was as he keeps his left hand on top of the ball. Yep, I saw that during live action in the NCAA tournament. LOL.

[ 04-08-2024, 10:36 AM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11553 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-08-2024 10:34 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal is gonna keep bringing in new teams every year at Arkansas, and we know what that get's you.... nothing. I'm already prepared for next year being a rebuilding year for us. So what. We did it back in the 80's and things turned out fine. I hope Mitch can find a new version of Pitino to take over (but I don't mean Richard Pitino! [Big Grin] )
Posts: 10330 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 04-08-2024 10:47 AM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here is the thing. Most UK fans are never satisfied. When Tubby was here recruiting guys that stayed ranked between 25 and 75 they wanted a Coach who could recruit the best.

In came Cal......He recruited the best.......and now UK fans want a coach that recruit kids that will stay so now you are back to the 50 to 100 range type of player.

Cal recruited a few of those guys over the years who he thought would be around for a few years: SGA and Reed Sheppard and they both played their way into Lottery/First Round picks in one year.

Guys that did stay a few years still never won anything Harrison Twins, Willie Cauley Stein, Derek Willis, Keion Brooks, Tyler Ulis, Antonio Reeves, Oscar, Toppin, Ware, Collins, Frederick, etc.

Now I do think if not for COVID the Immanuel Quickly, Nick Richards, Ashton Hagans, EJ Montgomery, Nate Sestina, and Tyrese Maxey team would have potentially won it all. That team was "old" with the exception of Maxey.

So it is not like Cal did not go that route.

As Pitino once said.....10 years at UK is about all anyone can take.

[ 04-08-2024, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11553 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 04-08-2024 10:49 AM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Trey Ball:
quote:
Originally posted by handycat:
Not so much as him leaving but him leaving and going to another SEC team. I was hoping for retirement. I believe he will give us numerous losses over the next few years. At least it wasn’t Looservile.

UK fans are really going to mad when he delivers a couple of NCAA championships during that 5 year contract.

College basketball is about to get "younger" after next year when the COVID year expires......No more 5 year, 6 year, and even 7th year players will be in the game.

UK was close this year IMO if not for a no name player taking terrible shots with terrible form hitting 10 threes.

I watched the Purdue/NC State game and was like UK would have beaten either of those teams by double digits.

BTW - I watched Golke in the 3 Point competition and he got last. Jay Williams even commented how awful his form was as he keeps his left hand on top of the ball. Yep, I saw that during live action in the NCAA tournament. LOL.

One 5* on the two teams in the Final Four. 35 first round picks didn’t get it done. I was an avid supporter of Cal until he left us this way. I do not see him repeating his first 6 years at UK at Arkansas. Swaggy Cal does not have the same impact anymore.

Now it’s on UK to not look like the fat girl at the bar who got dumped. We need to get out that check book and make Splash.

[ 04-08-2024, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: WHO?UK ]

--------------------
RLTW!

Posts: 837 | From: Savannah Ga | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-08-2024 05:45 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't think he took our NIL $$$ with him to AR. We should be fine and the new coach will be as popular when he starts out soon.
Posts: 14137 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 04-08-2024 06:22 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This doesn't surprise me from Cal. Never could really trust him. He lied through his teeth after the meeting with Mitch and said he was coming back and basically fired up to get to work and figure things out. He was just looking for a decent opportunity to jump ship. He has no loyalty. He knew he would most likely get fired after he put in another subpar year next year and he wanted to be able to leave, not have the embarrassment of being fired. I wish nothing buit frustration for all Arkansas fans for the next 5 years. I hope the buy into all the hype each year and then are disappointment after a first round loss every season. I hope they experience the let downs we have had the last 5 seasons, and hope Cal fails big time at Arkansas.

I don't think he will necessarily fail, because he will get talent in, and he will probably be more motivated than ever to succeed. This may be the kick in the butt that actually makes him work so he can become a good in game coach. I sure hope that doesn't happen though. Mitch has to get this hire right, and he needs to swing real big to get whoever is going to be the best fit.

Posts: 5428 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
BCD
Player
Member # 2053

posted 04-08-2024 06:29 PM      Profile for BCD   Email BCD   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If he couldn’t get more than one national title in his time at UK, I don’t see him winning a couple in the next 5 years.

--------------------
It's me, the cat

Posts: 417 | From: Conjunction junction | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com