TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Cal in negotiations with Arkansas

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cal in negotiations with Arkansas
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 04-07-2024 10:51 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sounds like many may get their wish. Watch this class follow him to Arkansas and turn around and win it all next year.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11553 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 04-07-2024 10:54 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I will say something that is going to be unpopular………UK’s first call should go to Pitino if the goal is wins before all else.

[ 04-07-2024, 10:54 PM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 04-07-2024 11:14 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Part of me hopes he stays and changes some things, but part of me realizes that that Cal just isn't going to change. He is what he is.

I do find this shocking, given the green light from Barnhart. To me, it speaks ill of him that he is, after all, just after mo' money. As if he doesn't have enough already. One the positive side, maybe he is seeking to rebuild yet another program fallen on hard times. But maybe he is just sensing the shift in the fans' attitudes towards him, and realizes it is better to leave on his own terms than be ridden out of town on a rail.

Now, it is late in the game for this crap to hit the fan. Who will we find to replace him? ALL of cal's staff will go with him, and as Trey said, probably the majority, if not all of his players and recruits. It will be a tough few years recovering from that much change.

We live in interesting times.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13601 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 04-07-2024 11:26 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would go after Dan Hurley.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2238 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 04-07-2024 11:27 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just my opinion, I would think it is a done deal since the University has to be informed. It would be a terrible look for a program like UK to grovel to get a coach back and Cal would not have entered negotiations unless he already had two feet out the door.

All I can say is boycott Tyson Foods and eat more Miller Poultry Chicken (that is the company I work for…..LOL)

--------------------

redbone

GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 04-07-2024 11:42 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Pete Thamel saying they are finalizing a five year deal and expects it to be announced in the next 24 hours.

https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1777174492034601010?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue

GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 04-07-2024 11:52 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A lot of people are going to wake up to this news in the morning and be shocked!!

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue

Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 04-07-2024 11:55 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There you have it.

It will be interesting to see who they go after.

--------------------

redbone

FairfieldCat
Player
Member # 2897

posted 04-08-2024 12:25 AM      Profile for FairfieldCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is to bad I always kind of liked Arkansas. Oh well. At least they will put some players in the NBA and play a game in the tournament
Posts: 307 | From: Cincinnati | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-08-2024 10:30 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Trey Ball:
I will say something that is going to be unpopular………UK’s first call should go to Pitino if the goal is wins before all else.

Not unpopular with me at all. The only thing that hurts him is that he's 71 years old. He probably won't coach too much longer.
Posts: 10330 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 04-08-2024 10:53 AM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PaulCat:
quote:
Originally posted by Trey Ball:

Not unpopular with me at all. The only thing that hurts him is that he's 71 years old. He probably won't coach too much longer.
PC,

Agree but he is going to coach until he dies on the sideline. LOL.

His family morals may not be the best, but in my opinion he is the best basketball coach of the last 40 years. Coach K and Jim Calhoun could be argued for that position as well as much as I hate to say that.

--------------------

redbone

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-08-2024 05:50 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't blame Pitino for leaving UK as much as I do him returning to Louisville. He is still a good coach and always had Cal's # when he was at U&K and Cal was at UMass.
Posts: 14136 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
CatfanRick
Administrator
Member # 126

posted 04-08-2024 06:15 PM      Profile for CatfanRick   Email CatfanRick   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Coach K and Jim Calhoun could be argued for that position as well as much as I hate to say that.
Calhoun and Boeheim were 2 of the biggest all time cheats in college basketball. I'll add Wooden to that list if we go back that far. I do not recognize any of the accomplishments of either of these coaches. I think Coach K and Coach Knight did it the right way. Aside from those who got caught and were punished (rather their programs) I feel all other coaches fall someplace in between.

All that said, I'd take Pitino back in a heartbeat.

Posts: 7187 | From: Florence, Ky | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com