TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » UCONN - What a 26 year stretch for them

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: UCONN - What a 26 year stretch for them
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-30-2024 10:03 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Appears as though UCONN will cruise to their 6th Championship in the last 25 NCAA Tournaments. Crazy. They are the current standard in the game.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11557 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
jerseycat
Player
Member # 9

posted 03-31-2024 08:46 AM      Profile for jerseycat   Email jerseycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Absolutely crazy. That 26 year run hasn't been seen since UCLA. Three different coaches. Hurley has got them going.....after yesterday's game can't see them not getting #6.

--------------------
UK Class of 1968

Posts: 1791 | From: Red Bank, NJ | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-31-2024 09:33 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't hand them the trophy just yet. Bama can give them all they can handle, and Purdue is playing just as well as UConn.

Plus, I need UConn to lose for gambling purposes. [Big Grin]

Posts: 10330 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-31-2024 09:51 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No need to hand them the trophy to realize they are the current "gold standard" that Cal likes to talk about. Even if they don't win, they are always in the mix. Like UK used to be.

For darn sure, UK is at best a "bronze standard", if not just a piece of driftwood.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13601 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-31-2024 08:46 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PaulCat:
I wouldn't hand them the trophy just yet. Bama can give them all they can handle, and Purdue is playing just as well as UConn.

I don’t see Bama staying any closer than 15 points. Purdue will be the biggest test, but UCONN will be the first team that will not double Edey in my opinion. I think they play him straight up with Clingan and stay attached to the shooters. Purdue does not have a guard or wing that can create their own shot. They rely on Edey being doubled to move the defense.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 04-08-2024 11:09 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Trey Ball:
Appears as though UCONN will cruise to their 6th Championship in the last 25 NCAA Tournaments. Crazy. They are the current standard in the game.

That was too easy to see.

--------------------

redbone

Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 04-08-2024 11:10 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Trey Ball:
quote:
Originally posted by PaulCat:

UCONN will be the first team that will not double Edey in my opinion. I think they play him straight up with Clingan and stay attached to the shooters. Purdue does not have a guard or wing that can create their own shot. They rely on Edey being doubled to move the defense.
This was easy to see as well.

--------------------

redbone

Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 04-08-2024 11:13 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I will be so glad when these 5 and 6 year players are no longer in the college game.

UCONN wouldn't even be here without Newton and Spencer, both super seniors. Spencer playing for his 3rd College team.

--------------------

redbone

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com