TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » To stay.....or not???

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: To stay.....or not???
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 03-25-2024 06:24 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just my thoughts if I were in their shoes.

Sheppard He has not even been close to his dad's accomplishments, or his mother's for that matter HE STAYS

Dillingham He has nothing here to stay for and he proved he can shoot and drive, sometimes. He should come back and give it one more try to win it all.......but HE WONT. hE'S GONE.

Edwards Did he really find himself late in the season? Maybe, maybe not. Who knows what is in his mind. Cal stuck with him throughout the whole season. If he thinks he needs more he would probably COME BACK. if he thinks he needs the money he will be gone.

Bradshaw He had his moments but not an enormous amount of them. He was not good enough to take much time from the other two centers. I hope his friends can convince him to give it one more year but I would say it's about 50-50 chance for him to STAY.

Iviszic He is probably the most likely of the 3 big men to go to the NBA. He could start out in the D league right now and work his way up to the big time. However, I could see him STAY for another years experience.

Ugonna Has 2 years experience under Cal but you can't fix slow reactions. Sometimes he just can't lay the ball in the hole. I could see him going to the PORTAL.

Wagner He is a bit of a disappointment to me. His hot shooting streaks are few nand far between. He can handle the ball and take it to the rim but he sometimes don't know when to pass it off. I can see him going to the NBA or possibly going to the PORTAL.

Thierro He would be a big mystery. After 2 years at UK he is ready to be a star if he comes back. I think he will STAY THE COURSE for another year.

Burks Is he still around? Can't remember the last time his feet hit the hardwood. Needs more PT but I'm afraid he'll have to get it elsewhere than UK. He will probably TRANSFER.

Joey Hart He hasn't gotten much PT because of a lot of our close games or us losing a third of our games. I think he will STAY another year and enjoy being a part of the UK roster.

We had 3 guys return this year and we will probably have 5 guys return from this years team, Sheppard, Bradshaw, Iviscik, Thierro and Hart. and

Posts: 14124 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-25-2024 10:16 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sheppard may not have accomplished as much as mom or dad, but I would be absolutely shocked if he didn't go pro. He is a gym rat already, with skill and an elusiveness that defies categorization. And, he is still projected to go in the lottery. We judge these players by how much they might improve in a year in college, but there are strict limits on practice time endorced by the NCAA. In the pros, there are no limits, and I think Sheppard will have a solid, if not spectacular career in the NBA.

Dillingham is also prime pro material. He will get way more (and dare I say, much better) coaching in the pros and has the kind of game that the pros will pay up for. He is also projected as a lottery pick. NOBODY TURNS DOWN THAT KIND OF MONEY, especially the guys Cal recruits by whispering sweet "nba"s in their ears.

The rest? Who knows. Bradshaw saw his NBA stock plummet, but the pros recruit on potential more than what they do in college. He might just get signed by a team, and be gone.

Iviszic could go, because the NBA is getting a man-crush on big men who can shoot the three. He might surprise a lot of people with a 1st round pick.

Edwards and Wagner ought to stay, but you just know their "advisors" are going to say go, or at least test the waters.

Burks, Onyenso, Thierro, and Hart should definitely stay, but I could see some NBA teams taking a hard look at Onyenso and Thierro.

You left off one name. I think Cal should go.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13595 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 03-25-2024 10:55 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It depends on your mind set when picking who will stay and for what reasons. We're all forgetting the team comraderie they had and how much they hold that love for each other. If they have that there is no telling how many might stay.
Posts: 14124 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com