TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » What WAS that? Defense? Toughness?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What WAS that? Defense? Toughness?
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 02-17-2024 08:42 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow, what a dirty, physical game. Great win, with some tough-minded play and vastly improved defense.

Onyenso needs to be the anchor for this team's defense. Big Z is a featherweight who can't hold his own against SEC big men, and Bradshaw isn't as good as Onyenso in paint defense.

I love the 4-out look with Big O anchoring the paint. Kudos to Auburn -- their defense was stifling at times. But we had more weapons.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13595 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
FairfieldCat
Player
Member # 2897

posted 02-17-2024 09:14 PM      Profile for FairfieldCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Forgive my ignorance. Would this be a Quad 1 win?
Posts: 306 | From: Cincinnati | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 02-18-2024 03:15 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Great win, and the interior defense was very much improved. I don't want to downplay how well we played, but Auburn missed a ton of wide, wide, wide open shots. Our rebounding and defense in the paint was excellent tonight, but I somehow feel that we got lucky because of how poorly Auburn shot the ball.

And the officiating - over the last few years it has been horrible. But tonight it was extremely horrible, both ways. There were many foul calls tonight, on both teams, where a player wasn't even touched. It was miserable.

Posts: 10324 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 02-18-2024 09:47 AM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They sucked me back in. I can't help but still believe we are going to win every game. Yesterday I had convinced myself we would lose and I was hoping for just a solid showing. The defense was much improved, however, Auburn did miss a lot of good looks that we gave them. But we battled and stayed in front better. I'll start buying in again if we can do this for more than one game. I also got nervous when we went to the Circle play the last 8 minutes of the game. Went from a 16 point lead to an 8 point lead, but we were able to hold on. Everyone in the gym knew that Reeves was the only one that was going to shoot at that point. Glad Cal got them ready mentally for the game.
Posts: 5424 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 02-18-2024 09:28 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I got busy and forgot to record it. I found a replay of all the UK offensive plays on my computer so I didn't have to watch Auburn. Plus I watched the news first and already knew the score. Sure saved a lot of screaming and cussing. [Big Grin]
Posts: 14124 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-19-2024 05:55 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
To answer your question, Fairfield, yes, that should be a quad 1 win!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123964 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com