TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » NIT Bound

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: NIT Bound
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 02-10-2024 07:03 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think before they played a game this year I said UK would be between a 7-10 seed. UK very may well end up in the NIT. They are not going to beat Auburn/Alabama/Tennessee for sure. I don’t think they can beat Ole Miss on Tuesday either and I think it is 50/50 against LSU.

So they will finish with only 2 Quad one wins and a Quad 4 loss.

Just do not see that being a tournament team resume.

[ 02-10-2024, 07:04 PM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11534 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 02-10-2024 07:19 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I honestly believe that there are at least 10 people that have been on this website that could out coach Cal in a game if they both had the same talent. I have said ever since he came to Kentucky, the man is not a good in game coach. He has no clue what to do and just looks lost in these games. I think he honestly doesn't know what to do with the guys he has. Almost everyone picked this team to go to the final four because they had all the pieces. But he takes them and makes them into an average team.

This is not a team that should have 10 losses this season, but it looks very much like we will have at least that many. I have tried to adjust my expectations each year because of how bad Cal is, but I can't help but think we will win because I know we do have good talent. My wife is from Tennessee, maybe I will start to cheer for them as well. They have a tough team and a good coach

I have seen many on here say they don't care about UK basketball that much anymore, but I just haven't got myself there. However, I might be getting close. I turned the game off with 3 minutes to go because I knew we were gonna lose. My son texted me about a terrible last play call. I haven't watched it yet, but I will. And I'm sure I will be going crazy. I can't take the disappointment anymore. But I know I'll be watching them again on Tuesday. Am I sick??

Posts: 5424 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 02-10-2024 08:02 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ukman,

You just have to come to terms with three things to watch UK now:

1. UK is irrelevant on the National Stage and has been for the most part since the end of the 2015 season.

2. When UK plays a ranked team or even a quality team that is not ranked you have to have your mind set that UK will lose. Winning then becomes a bonus.

3. UK is even irrelevant in the SEC. Tenn/Auburn/Alabama/Arkansas (with the exception of this year) has passed UK in the SEC pecking order, but teams still get up to play the UK name although I believe that is fading as well.

If you can come to terms with that you can watch UK games. If not, I would not recommend watching them.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 02-10-2024 08:15 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just watched the last play. And what the heck was that? I just heard Cal say the lob was an option but Reeves was also coming up top. If you watch the play it was clearly set for that. Just a terrible play out of a timeout.

Why do you have Reed, Reeves, and then 3 non-shooters in Onyensu, Thiero, and Edwards. You mean to tell me that any coach, with any sense, wouldn't have put Rob and DJ? DJ can get to the basket on almost anybody, and then you have Rod, Reed, and Reeves for any kick out. He has so many other options and he things a basic HS back screen lob is gonna work? What a terrible coach. I would think a 9 million dollar coach would be able to come up with something better than that. I mean honestly, that is such a basic HS play. what a joke.

I'll try to take your advice, but man it's hard.

Posts: 5424 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 02-10-2024 10:00 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I will say this…….if Reed throws a better lob, meaning he throws it a few feet higher vs short arming it,Thiero may have flushed it home. When I watched it again Thiero was skying above the Zags defender.

--------------------

redbone

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 02-11-2024 03:57 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My beef with that lob play is this - we have three 7-footers on the team and you're lobbing it to Thiero??? Now this is not a knock on Thiero, but you have three 7-footers to lob to!!!!

When the game is on the line, I would have all four guards (Reed, Dillingham, Reeves and Wagner) on the court.

Coach Cal on Rob Dillingham playing four minutes in the second half: "The team that was out there was playing so well together that I left it alone. If we finished the game, you would have said (you didn't need him)." News flash, Cal - we didn't finish the game. We may have finished if you knew how to coach and had our best players on the court.

Posts: 10324 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 02-11-2024 12:55 PM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I bet if Calipari hadn’t coached one second of that game and told his players to go out and have fun and do whatever they wanted...they would've played better or at the very least played the same. Calipari is a 9-million-dollar bench warmer IMO.
Posts: 1495 | From: Wimauma, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com