TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » What are the chances?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What are the chances?
WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 12-22-2023 10:57 AM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
With the NIL and Reed making 500k a year probably more if he stays longer. What are the chances he stays all 4 years because he loves it. The money is good. Possibly writing his name permanently in the UK history books. Possibly putting his and his Daddy’s jersey in the rafters. And possibly winning a title or two.

Could be a pipe dream but I like it.

--------------------
RLTW!

Posts: 836 | From: Savannah Ga | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 12-22-2023 11:03 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Last I checked, he was making a bit more than $100 from NIL. Not at all bad for a college kid, but nothing compared to NBA riches.

That said, I think he might the kind who sticks around to try to get a championship. It is really comes down to personal priorities.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13595 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
FairfieldCat
Player
Member # 2897

posted 12-22-2023 04:27 PM      Profile for FairfieldCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't understand why he was so underestimated going into the season considered his pedigree. I don't see him going for the big bucks. I say 4 years. 2 or 3 national championships
Posts: 306 | From: Cincinnati | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 12-22-2023 05:06 PM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
https://www.on3.com/db/reed-sheppard-99207/nil/

I’m not sure the accuracy of these but this is what I was tracking. 411k isn’t chump change to me but he will definitely make more in the League. I’d also argue he could be our version of J.J. Redick

--------------------
RLTW!

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 12-22-2023 08:25 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow! I just looked at this site last week:

https://www.on3.com/nil/rankings/player/nil-100/?team-key=12013

And now I look again, and EVERY UK player has blown up in NIL money.

Well, almost. Two of my favorites are way down the list -- Tre Mitchell and Antonio Reeves. Reeves actually LOST money since last week.

It seems only freshmen get the big bucks. I guess that makes sense. I mean, if the system were currupt and designed to keep underclassmen from declaring, they might get more. The sixth year players? Meh, give 'em a little.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 12-22-2023 08:57 PM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tip

I could legitimately see Reed making great money as a four year player. I also believe we will see kids stay longer knowing that they are tweeners or their game won’t translate to the league well, if they are making significant money.

--------------------
RLTW!

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 12-26-2023 10:15 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As I said, it really depends on his personal priorities. Money is always a motivator, but the bigger stage has an irresistable allure for some too.

I get the idea that Sheppard has his head screwed on straight, and has some great parents to give him good guidance. I doubt his family is in financial straits that would push him to seek the even bigger dollars in the NBA.

If I had to bet, I would bet that he stays. Maybe not all four years, but certainly two, or three. A championship might be the goal, both personally and professionally, for young Mr. Sheppard. Gotta compete with dad!

[Smile]

--------------------
Tiptree

rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 12-27-2023 01:41 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Could y'all imagine if he and Travis Perry were the two starting guards next year. I love having these Kentucky boys play for UK. I can see them sticking around for a few years because they play for the name on the front of the jersey instead of the names on the back.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com