TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Credit!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Credit!
WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 11-29-2023 09:39 AM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Need to give Cal a ton of credit for assembling this team and their style of play. This is the adjustment a lot of us have been hoping for.

Less weave
More running
More 3s to match this new era of Basketball
And even inbounds plays 👀

Im sure there are more but with all the shade that has been thrown at Cal we have to show him some love. If not we are the obnoxious fan base who is never happy unless we win it all every year.

--------------------
RLTW!

Posts: 836 | From: Savannah Ga | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 11-29-2023 10:35 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hear hear!

I think Cal has heard the rumblings, both from the press, the booster, the fans, and from Mitch.

Kudos to him. I hope he doesn't revert once he gets his stable of big-men back.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13595 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 11-29-2023 10:47 AM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am in love with our style of play. We are so fun to watch. I have often been a big critic of Cal's, but I have to compliment him with what he's doing with this team. He seems to be letting them play more free, and I don't hear him constantly screaming like we usually do. I absolutely love it!

He is doing a great job of freeing them up and not trying to micromanage. I try to be fair, so if I am gonna criticize the guy I gotta give him credit when he adjusts his tactics. I was worried at 6:30 left in the game when we ran Circle. I thought we were going to see the usual run the clock down to 5 seconds and take a forced shot; but we didn't. He let them continue to play, and trusted them to make the right decision. Great job Cal!

Posts: 5424 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 11-29-2023 11:45 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Glad to see Cal getting a little love. To this point in the season, he certainly deserves it.

I’m a little concerned how we will play when we get a big man back. I hope it doesn’t slow down the pace of play. It looks like Bradshaw will be the first back, From what I read, he is a good shooter and likes to run. Unless he is instructed to alter his style of play, I think he will be a good asset to the team. I’m not as sure about the other two.

[ 11-29-2023, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5379 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 11-29-2023 05:04 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bradshaw seems like a Boogie-style big man. Runs the floor, rebounds, blocks shots. A perfect complement to our style of play.

Not sure about Onyenso or the Euro guy. But I think Bradshaw will be a real plus.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 11-30-2023 12:36 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think Iviszik is also a runner and I know he likes the 3. Either one of them should work out well for us and also provide some rim protection. Ugonna is the only back to the basket type center. He could slow us down but I think he was able to run last year. I'm still not sure our forei8gn guy will ever play. The time limit on the NCAA making a decision on him ran out yesterday according to my knowledge. What's new? They make the rules and they are the only ones allowed to break them.
Posts: 14124 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 11-30-2023 03:03 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It definitely seems like Cal has changed his ways. Did he finally agree with all the rumblings from the media and fan base? I will say, the only thing I still don't like is that he wants to take the air out of the ball with way too much time left in the game. If you're beating a team, don't stop doing what you're doing with 7 or 8 minutes left. That's an eternity in college basketball. Keep your foot down a little longer, maybe until the final 4:00 timeout. Other than that, he seems to be a changed man.
Posts: 10324 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 11-30-2023 08:16 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree with that. The only exception is I'm still not sure he can separate the top ranked freshmen from the guy he really needs on the court. I would have like it if DJ hadn't gotten hurt and would have been available when Sheppard was making those 5 threes.
Posts: 14124 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 12-01-2023 09:05 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There is a real chemistry on this team that we haven't seen for quite a while. Cal talks a lot about building chemsitry, but frankly, he isn't up to the task of taming the egos of these top-rated players.

This year, these kids seem to play with each other naturally, unselfishly, and with unusual fluidity. Really liking how they play. I just hope Cal doesn't muck it up.

I am having fun watching this team, more than any year since 2015. Let them play, Cal. Let them play.

--------------------
Tiptree

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com