TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » USA (Kentucky) v. BAL Select Box Score

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: USA (Kentucky) v. BAL Select Box Score
WildcatFanatic
Player
Member # 2932

posted 07-15-2023 04:03 PM      Profile for WildcatFanatic     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good game. I already love this team! Box Score
Posts: 1531 | From: Lexington, Ky | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 07-15-2023 04:24 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As much as said I wouldn’t, I’m starting to get excited about this team. The teams in this tournament were advertised to be very strong. I’m beginning to wonder about that.

Anybody notice how few minutes Dillingham has got in these games. Something like 17, 10 and now 12.

I’m already starting to worry about these 5 star freshman becoming dissatisfied with their amount of playing time. If Sheppard continues to play like this, he’s going to take minutes from someone. Nice problem to have I suppose.

[ 07-15-2023, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5379 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
WildcatFanatic
Player
Member # 2932

posted 07-15-2023 04:58 PM      Profile for WildcatFanatic     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The BAL team looked to be getting stronger in the 2nd half. They were only formed 2 days before the tournament so not much time to gel. They turned up the heat on defense in the 2nd half.

The Cats could become deep enough to keep fresh players in the game. It'll be interesting to see how Cal handles playing time for all the talent on this team. It's cool we get to watch them play again tomorrow!

[ 07-15-2023, 05:45 PM: Message edited by: WildcatFanatic ]

Posts: 1531 | From: Lexington, Ky | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 07-15-2023 08:14 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And the Cats played zone throughout significant portions of the game when BAL started pounding the ball in the paint and taking advantage of their size.

Let me say that again - The Cats played zone for significant periods of time during this game!

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2229 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 07-15-2023 08:16 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh, one more thing. Reed Shephard is a real solid point guard. The team just plays different with him at the point.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2229 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 07-15-2023 09:56 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The "WAY TOO EARLY" evaluation of the situation. I'm going to support some of the comments I've seen here. This team could turn out to be one of the best teams we have had. If they perform just a little better than we saw today. The Dillingham vs Sheppard PG situation will be interesting. Right now Sheppard is leading by a vast difference in their on floor performance. Sheppard leads in shooting and ball distribution. Best playmaker on the court. Wagner has fallen a little short of his projections, mainly because he is not fully following the team philosophy. He has stretches of "Playground" ball still in his blood. He wants to do it on his own a lot of the time. Once he gets the idea fixed in his head you won't be able to keep him off the court. Mitchell and Thiero will have to step it up to be able to carry us with good competition, like the SEC. Good thing we have 2 big guys who will be back, I pray. Reeves has only taken off where he left last season. Most likely as he goes we go. One of the best shooters I've ever seen in a UK uniform in over 50 years. Thiero can only get better but I think he is a cut above Lance Ware. Burks should see some time once he gets accustomed to the level of play. Edwards may or may not be a starter but he will get PT on the front line with his size. And it looks like Hart is the designated holder of the end of the bench. It will be a while for him to get much more than mop up time right now. Overall it's going to be a good season, I hope. But it will be less fun if our 2 bigs don't get back soon.
Posts: 14124 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com