TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » UK/Canada box score.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: UK/Canada box score.
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 07-14-2023 08:17 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
https://storage.googleapis.com/ukathletics-com/2023/07/7c500017-uk_canada_box_071323.pdf

Balanced scoring led by Reeves with 21.Once again I was impressed by the overall game of Sheppard and Theiro.

Trying hard not to get my expectations too high for this team before the season starts but they sure have been fun to watch in these games.

I thought Cal’s post game comment was interesting when he said something like “this team can get their own shots without me having to run too much stuff for them”. That’s certainly not exactly what he said but I believe that was the gist of it.

Posts: 5379 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 07-14-2023 08:44 AM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I really liked the look with Shep at the point, especially in the half court. He makes good decisions and is a good communicator on the court. His defense is better than I expected. No knock on Dillingham or Wagner as they are certainly quick and athletic. Just hope call doesn’t fall too in love with those guys over Shep unless Shep just can’t perform against better competition.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2229 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 07-14-2023 11:31 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well I did it again! I thought I had the midnight rerun videoed but I guess I missed that one, so I didn't get to watch it. All I got was the highlights at the 11:00pm news. Dumb Ass! Maybe I can find a rerun of the rerun? [Mad]
Posts: 14124 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 07-14-2023 05:54 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey, Bama, here is a "condensed" replay of the game.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2023/7/13/23794592/kentucky-vs-team-canada-condensed-replay

Really lovin' Sheppard's game.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13595 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 07-14-2023 09:42 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was glad to see Dillingham had 9 assists. I'm guessing that means he didn't over dribble and was moving the ball better. Wish I could have seen the game. I forgot to record as well.
Posts: 5424 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 07-14-2023 09:46 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ukman:
I was glad to see Dillingham had 9 assists. I'm guessing that means he didn't over dribble and was moving the ball better. Wish I could have seen the game. I forgot to record as well.

And only one turnover.

As a team, they had 27 assists on 35 made baskets and 9 turnovers.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2229 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 07-14-2023 09:54 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey Tip I'd rather watch every game like this. A lot less stress on me. Thanks for sending it to me. I wo0n't forget tomorrow's game. Looks like we will definitely be playing a faster style game this year. This could be the best team since the platoon team. I am guessing there will be a couple guys who don't see the floor much, like we are seeing here.
Posts: 14124 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com