TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » 24-25 big man commits

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 24-25 big man commits
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 06-28-2023 10:48 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Looks like things are turning around. Here's a 7 footer for 2024/25.

""“They have been one of the schools I watched as a kid,” Cyril told 247 on why he chose Kentucky. “Growing up as a kid playing basketball, I think that was the first college basketball I watched.

“When I started playing I didn’t know much about basketball so I started watching on YouTube and I saw some of Anthony Davis’ highlights and how he played in college so I think that was the moment I fell in love with the game and who I wanted to be.”

With Oscar Tshiebwe remaining in the NBA Draft, the Wildcats needed to find a player that could contribute in the frontcourt. As a response, they looked to Cyril, who originally caught their eyes in the summer of 2021, just a few months after arriving in the States from his home country of Nigeria - raised in Enugu, just a few hours away from fellow Wildcat Ugonna Onyenso in Owerri.

Originally a part of the 2024 class, Cyril was expected to reclassify and join the team this coming season. However, that appears unlikely now based on what Branham is reporting.

Nonetheless, this is a big addition for the program, even if it’s not until the 2024-25 season.

Cyril’s 7-foot, 240-pound frame certainly suggests his body is ready for the college game. He’s currently ranked 40th overall in the 2024 class by Rivals and 35th by On3.

Combining his physique and knack for trying to break the backboard, Cyril has been given the nickname “Baby Shaq”""

Posts: 14130 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
WildcatFanatic
Player
Member # 2932

posted 06-29-2023 09:58 PM      Profile for WildcatFanatic     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sounds interesting. Def. something to look forward to. Thanks for posting that. 👍
Posts: 1531 | From: Lexington, Ky | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com