TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Program in disarray?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Program in disarray?
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 06-10-2023 08:18 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think it is and not necessarily for the reason Matt Jones states in this article. I’m trying to remain loyal to Cal but it’s becoming increasingly difficult. As of now, no one is coming to UK through the transfer portal and time is running out. Add to that, losing potential key players for various reasons. Some of those reasons are not best for the players involved, IMO. We have two scholarship players returning that have contributed minimally to this point. Like most on here, I’m tired of this constant turnover of players. I’m trying to not be too critical but it is becoming obvious that something needs to change.

web page

[ 06-10-2023, 01:29 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5393 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 06-10-2023 12:39 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Fixed your link; it didn't resolve properly because it was too long.

That is a very disturbing story. Self-imposed isolation from fans and boosters is a bad sign. Sure hope someone can bring him back to reality before it ends badly.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13604 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 06-10-2023 03:35 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think he has a mental problem from losing so many times and things in the last several years he is on rock bottom and don't know how to bring himself out of it. Everything he has done for the last 3-5 years has gone wrong. He may be finished mentally as well as physically.
Posts: 14141 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 06-10-2023 06:01 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think this program is in a very bad situation. Cal always says that Kentucky is not for everyone. At this point, I think that includes himself. He is just running this program into the ground.

But when NIL money becomes the reason kids choose a college, it's the entire NCAA that is in disarray. NIL is the worst thing that could've happened to college sports. The NCAA should've put its foot down and said, "Look, if you don't like it, don't go to college. There's always the G-league."

Posts: 10334 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 06-10-2023 09:54 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Some of the news I have been seeing is saying we have 3 guys just about ready to sign with UK. OK. So lets see the signatures. We were supposedly going to get some others that went elsewhere. I'm starting to have a feeling a lot of the problem may be Cal's unwillingness to promise them so much NIL money. He is right about that. I still say they are getting support money to get them to sign with a school which is the same as being paid by school supporters.
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 06-10-2023 11:02 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No nil money plus everyone knows the freshman are PLAYING! you might come off the bench if u r getting paid but without money they are not coming.

Next season we will be hearing from cal "they are young" wait until feb. Of course by then we r a 6/7 seed and no one has won a title with that low of a seed!

I am looking forward to football a lot more than basketball. that is hard for me to say but it is true

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 06-11-2023 09:22 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We got to remember that these 3 they say are going to sign with UK are WAAAAAY below the ones he started recruiting this season. If we get them will they really get to play, or even help us. He's the one who caused all these transfers we wanted to go elsewhere.
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 06-12-2023 10:19 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, I was holding out some hope that we'd get Kaluma from Creighton, but I guess he decided to go to the University that got out of the 2nd round. At least we got a last second 3 star player to help this year, and maybe Cal can get the Jordan Brown guy from Louisiana. We would be his 4th school and have him as a rental for this 1 year, but Cal doesn't have many options at this point, and I'm not sure if he even picks us. What has happened to our program?
Posts: 5431 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 06-12-2023 10:49 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We gotm to remember that none of these recruits we pick up now are who Cal wanted when recruiting began for this team. None of them are left. Now we have to hope he picks up some hidden gems that can help us because I just don't think these freshmen are going to take us to the promised land.
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 06-14-2023 08:01 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal may have changed his mind on how NIL money will be handled. I think this is unfortunate but probably necessary.

https://www.yardbarker.com/college_basketball/articles/john_calipari_reportedly_set_to_make_one_big_change_at_kentucky/s1_127_38914230?utm_source=mb&utm_medium=email&mb_edition=202 30614&mb_loc=right_h

Posts: 5393 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com