TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Oscar staying in NBA draft.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Oscar staying in NBA draft.
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 05-31-2023 03:57 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh well. These freshman better be the real deal. I知 not feeling so good about the upcoming season.

https://kyinsider.com/

I知 having trouble opening this link. If the headline is correct, I知 sure there will be others and I値l try to post later.

This one works.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/37769211/kentucky-star-oscar-tshiebwe-plans-stay-nba-draft

[ 05-31-2023, 06:34 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5379 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 05-31-2023 08:22 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just read where Reeves withdrew his name from the NBA draft. I知 pretty sure he did not enter the portal. Does this mean he is coming back? I guess he could go overseas.
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 05-31-2023 08:58 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just read where Reeves can graduate this summer and still enter the portal as a grad transfer. This stuff is too complicated for this old man.
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 05-31-2023 09:28 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Livingston gone. I値l keep posting the good news as it comes in.
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 05-31-2023 10:30 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just seen a projected draft list and Oscar is last at #60. Toppin and Livingston are still not listed. After reading thru this listing I seen a lot of guys who are obscure to me, and some of them ar4e lacking in Offense or defense skills. I am starting to think that all 3 of our guys may stand a chance of getting picked. Once they get past the first half dozen there are always a lot of surprises.
Posts: 14124 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
jerseycat
Player
Member # 9

posted 06-01-2023 09:15 AM      Profile for jerseycat   Email jerseycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
All the rules at times confuse me but even if you didn't withdraw from NBA draft yesterday and if you had not hired an agent, if you go undrafted can't you still return to college?

--------------------
UK Class of 1968

Posts: 1791 | From: Red Bank, NJ | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 06-01-2023 10:40 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's the way it used to be. When we had the kid who didn't get drafted I believe they changed the rules so he could return. Not sure if that is still possible. It sure seems unfair if he isn't because he has never signed for money. If it's still a rule there could be a whole lot of kids returning because the biggest % of them aren't going to get drafted.

[ 06-01-2023, 10:42 AM: Message edited by: Bama Cat ]

Posts: 14124 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 06-01-2023 02:11 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Right now I am really worried about next year. Our only returning players now are Thiero and Onyensu. I think we only have 7 scholarship players on the roster. This next year could be a long year unless these freshman are legit one and done guys. If they aren't, we will probably go 500 on the season. We need Reeves to come back, but we really need to find some depth on the front line and I don't know who is left in the transfer portal that could legitimately help.
Posts: 5424 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
jerseycat
Player
Member # 9

posted 06-02-2023 08:15 AM      Profile for jerseycat   Email jerseycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My bigger concern is the year after next ukman. OK Reeves comes back but he would be done after 2023-2024. Lets say the freshman coming in this year are truly one and dones:Justin Edwards, DJ Wagner, Aaron Bradshaw, and Robert Dillingham. So they would be gone for the 2024-2025 season. Ugonna Onyenso most likely would go pro after next yesr. What do we have left for the 2024-2025 season? Reed Sheppard and maybe Adou Thiero. Start all over again.

--------------------
UK Class of 1968

Posts: 1791 | From: Red Bank, NJ | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com