TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Hunter Dickinson to UK?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hunter Dickinson to UK?
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 04-05-2023 07:31 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Please lord NO! I’ve invested too much time hating this guy.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10071339-michigan-transfer-hunter-dickinson-reportedly-will-meet-with-john-caliparis-kentucky

Posts: 5379 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-05-2023 09:55 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I posted several days ago he is the top person in the portal. I'm really surprised Cal is talking to him. He is not the most favortite type of player for Cal. You probably don't have to worry about him coming to UK. I think he will end up elsewhere.
Posts: 14124 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-06-2023 12:00 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I heard thru the grapevine that the reason our freshman big fm Nigeria is leaving is because of Dickinson coming to uk.

Just throwing it out there but would be a good reason to leave, as we already have another 7 footer coming in the freshman class!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-06-2023 11:50 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hopeyou're right. That could be awesome with Dickinson and Bradshaw at the high low post. Cal may have finally got another team he don't have to coach to a championship. [Confused] [Confused] And both of those have been known to make some 3 pointers.

[ 04-06-2023, 11:51 AM: Message edited by: Bama Cat ]

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-06-2023 12:12 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There has been some talk that Dickinson is not the one for UK. He is a scorer first and a rebounder second. I think that would probably work great. You just put Bradshaw at the low post and Dickinson at the high post. Bradshaw will probably command control of everything underneath and Dickinson could shoot away at the 3. Together they could control the lane. You would be able to play Wagner, Edwards and Shepherd or Dillingham at the guard/wing positions. It's looking like WAre and Thiero may be the only returnees and they could be used where needed, if Thiero is happy with that. Otherwise he would probably move on also. I'm getting curious as to who Cal will bring in again from the pool.

[ 04-06-2023, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: Bama Cat ]

Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 04-07-2023 04:33 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Onyenso is probably headed to UCONN so he can replace their big.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11534 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-07-2023 11:22 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've read that Kansas may also be looking at Dickinson. Personally, I'd go play for Self before I'd play for Cal.
Posts: 10324 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-08-2023 09:52 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't think he'll come to UK. Too much of a question mark with Oscar. I think we'll have both Oscar and Bradshaw. He'll see that he'll have two other guys to fight for PT. And if Collins decides to comeback we won't be looking for a strong inside transfer.
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 04-27-2023 06:18 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is there any new news on Hunter Dickerson to Kentucky?

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-29-2023 10:16 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No news is..........no news I guess. I wish we didn't have to wait until the end of May to determine if Oscar is still here or gone. It sure makes for a lot of problems for HS kids in deciding where they are going to play. The situation with Hunter and Oscar seems to be the most high level situation I can remember. Hope Oscar decides he can get drafted. After the Football situation with Wil it doesn't make you feel real good about those who are leaving for the draft on the BB Team.
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 04-29-2023 10:38 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is from KSR. For some reason, I am unable to copy and paste the actual site.

“Hunter Dickinson, a three-time All-Big Ten performer and the top-rated player in the transfer portal, just wrapped up his official visit to Kentucky. Taking place from April 23-25, it was his second official, joining Kansas last week. He also took unofficial visits to Maryland and Georgetown, with another official scheduled to Villanova this weekend.

His trip to Lexington comes on the heels of a virtual meeting with John Calipari and the Kentucky staff on April 5, followed by the Hall of Fame head coach flying to Michigan last Tuesday to meet with the star transfer in person. The meeting lasted two hours at a local private airport, followed by an official visit to UK scheduled for this past weekend.

Leading up to the trip, sources told KSR that Kentucky would be prepared to take Dickinson’s commitment if he was ready to come, regardless of what happens with Oscar Tshiebwe and his impending NBA Draft decision. The 7-foot-1 center himself made it clear that his interest in the Wildcats was contingent on the former national player of the year leaving — and hinted that his scheduled visit was a result of Calipari assuring him that would be the case.“

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-29-2023 11:39 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That sounds good or someone is lying.
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 05-02-2023 08:48 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Word was going around this afternoon that Dickinson was going to announce his decision around 4:00, and then 4:30, and then 4:40, etc. Don't think he has. I didn't understand that schools would be involved with these NIL offers. Looks like we now have a legal way to pay the players??? [Confused]
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 05-02-2023 10:09 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
bama cat ... I read an article the other day that if schools get involved with NIL $$$ it could very well fall under Title 9 and they would have to fork over the same amount of $$$ to female players !!!

MEL

Posts: 2791 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 05-03-2023 01:19 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sounds fair to me. [Razz]
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 05-04-2023 11:27 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He’s going to Kansas. I didn’t think he would be a good fit for Cal’s “system”, for UK fans in general and handycat in particular.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/37405520/michigan-center-hunter-dickinson-transfers-kansas

[ 05-04-2023, 11:32 AM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 05-05-2023 05:35 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wellllllll! I guess that could take care of next season too. But wait a minute. That could also mean he is going to Kansas because Oscar has decided to come back to UK? He makes too much money in the NIL and his draft standing has shown him he would be better staying at UK for another year. We could be better without Dickinson than with him.

Oscar, Bradshaw, Utenso, Thiero, Edwards, Wagner, Dillingham, Shepherd and possibly Reeves and Livingston. 8 and possibly 10. And then there is the portal for maybe a couple more shooters or one big man.

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com