TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » KY vs K St. in game chat.... (Page 11)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Author Topic: KY vs K St. in game chat....
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-19-2023 05:13 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
75--69 Ouch!

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 03-19-2023 05:13 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ky loses 75-69

3 consecutive three's by KSU were teh dagger to end their season!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123964 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 03-19-2023 05:14 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oscar finishes the game with 25 points and 18 rebounds to lead KY!
Wallace had 21 points and 4 assists!

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-19-2023 05:15 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hats off to Tshiebwe and Wallace. They were warriors out there.

The rest of the team? Not so much.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13595 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 03-19-2023 05:15 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
KY had 11 turnovers in teh first half and 5 in the second half forcing only 8 KSU turnovers

--------------------

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-19-2023 05:15 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Let the long, silent summer of stewing in our loss begin...

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 03-19-2023 05:16 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Both teams made 26 FG's KSU hit one more 3 than KY
also hit 5 more FT's than KY

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 03-19-2023 05:17 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Livingston was a big contributor today but Toppin and Reeves were nowhere to be found when we needed production from them today!

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 03-19-2023 05:18 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
KY finished the day hitting 26-63 from the floor and 4-20 from three point land!

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 03-19-2023 05:19 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Shooting for KY,

Toppin went 1-7 for 2 points,

Livingston went 5-13 for 11 points,

Oscar went 8-13 for 25 points,

Wallace went 9-11 for 21 points,

Reeves went 1-15 for 5 points

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 03-19-2023 05:20 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We recieved 5 bench points from CJ and Ware. Theiro was in the game and didn't score.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 03-19-2023 05:21 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
KKY shot 55% from the floor in the 2nd half but KSU hit 56% from the floor in the second half!

--------------------

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 03-19-2023 05:21 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I refuse to say anything negative. They are a group of 18 to 23 year old kids, doing the best they can, and don't owe me a thing. Nice try guys. Better luck next time.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36264 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 03-19-2023 05:22 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
KY won the battle of the glass 45-25 but couldn't capitalize on the rebounding difference!

--------------------

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-19-2023 05:24 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm is right. These are a bunch of kids, we can't expect so much from them. But the other team is a bunch of kids too. Sure wish our kids beat their kids.

--------------------
Tiptree

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 03-19-2023 05:24 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
True, Norm. Better teams than KY have already been eliminated from the tourney as well!

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 03-19-2023 05:28 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Now if just a couple of other certain teams, I won't mention their names, can lose I can enjoy the rest of this tournament!

--------------------

Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-19-2023 05:34 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tiptree:
Hats off to Tshiebwe and Wallace. They were warriors out there.

The rest of the team? Not so much.

I thought Livingston was fantastic today. Kid played hard and defended well. Just wish he could have made the put back when he got pushed in the back or not miss the two free throws.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11534 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 03-19-2023 05:36 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The guys played hard, and I have no problem with them. Yeah, I wish Reeves could have hit but it wasn't from lack of effort, same with Toppin. His defense was good on Johnson.

But I can knock the adult that is in charge of the kids. Why he continued to allow KSU to run Oscar into picks all the time is beyond me. They had to of scored at least 20 points off of that action, if not more. When you know 1 of your best players is a defensive liability you usually try to hide them using a ZONE. How you watch that happen over, and over, and over and don't change anything is beyond me. So frustrating to watch.

He also posted Wallace once in the 2nd half and he got an easy score against Nowell. We only tried it once the rest of the half. That would have been great to post Wallace against the little guy and either score, or pick up some fouls, plus maybe tire him out. Livingston has been good in the post as well. At least the 1 game we did that. Oh well, I don't know why I expect anything different from him.

Posts: 5424 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 03-19-2023 05:39 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Livingston was very good today. Wallace and Oscar were huge, but also had 10 turnovers between them. Keep everything in the game exactly the same but take away 4-5 of our turnovers and I bet we win. They led to several easy baskets. don't know how many points they got off of our turnovers, but I would think it was a decent amount.
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-19-2023 05:43 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Play that hard and lose hurts but got to give K-State their due they played hard too and won.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 03-19-2023 05:50 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That takes care o0f the blue bloods. UK, Duke, Kansas and UNC didn't even get an invite. This was the year the cats should have had an easier path to #9. Oh well.
Posts: 14124 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-19-2023 06:20 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What Norm said. Hope to talk to you all when football starts.
Posts: 5379 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-19-2023 10:05 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Didn't mean to diss Livingston's game. He played huge today. I sincerely hope he sticks around to anchor next year's team.

Too many turnovers and missed open shots led to a loss, despite heroic rebounding and bad referees. Cal did NOT lose this game for us. The players did. Pretty sure turnovers and missed shots were not in Cal's game plan.

Anyway, we played damn hard and kept our poise in a tough game. We lost. I wish these kids success whether they stay or move on. And I hope they hold their heads high despite the fan anguish.

--------------------
Tiptree

ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 03-20-2023 07:24 AM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He didn't lose it, but he also didn't do anything to help us overcome the poor play of a couple players. Especially on the defensive side. Great coaches find ways to help their team win winable games like this one, even when the players aren't having their best night.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com