TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » I decided to watch tonight

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I decided to watch tonight
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 12-28-2022 08:55 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow. Just total ineptness from Cal is all I can say. Maybe the most egregious thing I saw.

Missouri holds the quickness advantage and what does Cal do……..go big with Ware who just simply got abused all night long.

Time for Mitch to call Jay Wright and see if he can get him to UK.

The game has just passed Cal by so bad that there is no hope.

[ 12-28-2022, 09:03 PM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11534 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bigcatdaddy
Player
Member # 21

posted 12-28-2022 09:30 PM      Profile for Bigcatdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I made the same mistake Trey

--------------------
It's me, the cat.

Posts: 10223 | From: Macy, Ind. | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 12-28-2022 09:30 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lather. Rinse. Repeat. Same old story. Same old sad offense. I really wish I knew what Cal is trying to do offensively. He is a terrible, TERRIBLE coach.
Posts: 10324 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 12-28-2022 09:34 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Once again, I did too. Can't stop myself. At half Patrick Young said "UK looked unprepared." That's pretty much every game. Cal is one of the worst coaches in NCAA, not recruiter, coach. No adjustments made at half, never tried anything different on defense, and he often just looks completely lost. Like he has no idea what to do.

I'm sick of hearing about UK still doesn't know their best lineup, Cal has to tinker with his lineup. Give me a freaking break. A coach should know by now what his best lineup is, and what pieces work best together. He has no clue of how to coach a team if they can't just win on talent alone. We have become a mediocre program, and will be lucky to finish in the top 6 of the SEC.

I also think Cal has lost this team. They do not play with any passion, and I think they have no confidence in Cal as a coach. I don't think they trust him to be able to help them win games, or know what to do. They aren't playing hard, and they just look like a team with no direction. All of that falls on the head coach. Especially when they are making 9 million a year. He is the most over paid coach in all of basketball.

If we did get rid of him I would be real interested to see what big schools would want him. I know he can still recruit, next years class is awesome, but I have no confidence that he will do anything with them. The team has to be so good that they can win in spite of his horrendous coaching. I think most schools have figured out that he cannot coach. No one is intimidated by us at all.

Posts: 5424 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 12-28-2022 09:40 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He keeps playing players that are inept (Toppin) instead of developing young talent (Livingston). Damian hasn’t sniffed the floor the last 2 games and there’s no way he can be any worse than Toppin. I’m ready for Cal to move on. The game has passed him by and he refuses to adjust. I’m not sure we make the tournament with this embarrassing play.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 12-28-2022 09:48 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Remember when Cal's name would come up for NBA openings? I wish that would happen now, but everyone knows he can't coach. I wish there was something that would make him quit this lifetime contract. I saw the other day that Mitch said something about basketball needing to do well in March. What does that even mean? He has no leverage to get rid of Cal since he was stupid and gave him that lifetime contract.

Maybe Handy can convince Ellen that she wants to be somewhere other than Kentucky, and she can get Cal to retire or go somewhere else.

Posts: 5424 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 12-29-2022 06:36 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm afraid to say that this situation is going to linger on for some time. Where would we be if the cats had hit 50% of their 3's? When you are known as a 3 shooting team you have to live up to that reputation or you are lost. And right now that is what we are, LOST!
Posts: 14124 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 12-29-2022 06:38 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm afraid to say that this situation is going to linger on for some time. Where would we be if the cats had hit 50% of their 3's? When you are known as a 3 shooting team you have to live up to that reputation or you are lost. And right now that is what we are, LOST! And no one has really mentioned the defense. What defense? Last night was the laziest attempt to play defense I have ever seen.
Posts: 14124 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com